aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Bacon and black pudding. In a bap.

Why do people up here have so many words for rolls? I'm from edinburgh and it's just that. A roll,

I've been quoted everything from morning roll, baps, buns, softies, bread roll (what else is it going to be made from?) and even people calling them rowies ( i thought this was the name for a buttery but some people seem to use it for rolls too)

Also people seem to call pastries (like croissants) all sorts of bizarre things too.

What is properly ace-ic and is simply alien to anyone up north is chippy brown sauce. Salt and sauce (or just the sauce on it's own) beats salt and vinegar any day.

Why do people up here have so many words for rolls? I'm from edinburgh and it's just that. A roll,

I've been quoted everything from morning roll, baps, buns, softies, bread roll (what else is it going to be made from?) and even people calling them rowies ( i thought this was the name for a buttery but some people seem to use it for rolls too)

Also people seem to call pastries (like croissants) all sorts of bizarre things too.

What is properly ace-ic and is simply alien to anyone up north is chippy brown sauce. Salt and sauce (or just the sauce on it's own) beats salt and vinegar any day.

No-one calls a bap/softie/bun a rowie. You might be confused because rowies/butteries occasionally get called rolls.

When I was at uni a friend of mine from Glasgow got really confused when she went into a bakers and asked for a roll only to be given a buttery. She didn't have a clue what it was.

Butteries are also ace-ic by the way. Especially ones from Aitkens.

Aww man, chippy sauce is the most vomit-inducing condimental accompaniment to a chippy supper that there is.

When I get a chippy in Edinburgh, I still find it odd that I actually have to outwardly say that I only want salt and vinegar - not that rank sauce with it's mouth ulcer actuating properties. No siree.

Aww man, chippy sauce is the most vomit-inducing condimental accompaniment to a chippy supper that there is.

When I get a chippy in Edinburgh, I still find it odd that I actually have to outwardly say that I only want salt and vinegar - not that rank sauce with it's mouth ulcer actuating properties. No siree.

It basically IS vinegar. AFAIK it's just vinegared down brown sauce. I can understand why people who dislike brown sauce won't like it. My gf isn't a big fan of brown sauce though and even she likes it

It basically IS vinegar. AFAIK it's just vinegared down brown sauce. I can understand why people who dislike brown sauce won't like it. My gf isn't a big fan of brown sauce though and even she likes it

I love salt, vinegar, and brown sauce. I just despise chippy sauce. I think that my hatred perhaps stems from the fact that I have always received lashings and lashings of it, drowning my haggis supper in needless overpowering flavours.