aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

ASDA at the beach stocking 4 packs of BrewDog is Ace-ic. That asda is notoriously pants and having a good amount of stuff. I hardly ever see any BrewDog in there and now, they have 4 packs of Punk IPA and 5am Saint. And loads of loose bootles of 77 and Trashy Blonde. Decent.

• 2 weeks later...

This new square doo-hickey. A card payment swiper thing for the iPhone. Got one yesterday. I can see it being useful for small businesses and more relevant to this site, for musicians/bands. Say you've got a merch stall at a gig, people took out a 20 pound note that they want to spend on drinks but thy quite fancy a t-shirt or a cd. Insead of eating into their drinking money, boom, card swipe. No contract, no lengthy sign-up process, you just lose 1.something percent of each transaction to the company. Really good little tool.

A good friend of mine is visiting from Madrid this weekend and we're going to Sonar tomorrow night :D The line-up is awesome.

Loads of other events on round the city while the festival is on too. There's a very good looking beach party on saturday night which is free I think we might go to also.

It should be a very Ace-ic weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
The Sims 3 is ace. The missis left her copy in my room, so I gave it a quick install to see what the fuss is about. I'm hooked. I make my housemates go out and work so I can sit around and play guitar in my pants all day. I also just had a baby with the wife. I called it Predator.

The missis has this for the ps3. It looks amazing on the hd telly. She won't box anyone in rooms or neglect the baby though. I'd be a bastard God.

I don't kill my minions or neglect little Predator. I pretty much run a dictatorship in my house, sending everyone but me out to work, all whilst raising Predator, to take the reigns later in life. He's a good kid. Keeps pissing the bed though.

Nice. Does he fulfil liftetime dreams? Do you use karma? Should start haunting folk and starting earthquakes.