aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Oh Jesus, I Megabussed to London once (there and back) it was horrific (sorry Jake). The heating was stuck on full blast on the way home so it got pretty messy. There were people fainting and all sorts. Basically just sweating all over each other. If a bus orgy was ever going to happen, it was that day, unfortunately it never did. :(

Leads me to believe that an orgy on a public bus will never happen, but I do live in hope.

Your going to Scotland on holiday, stay away from there it rains all the time and the people touch you up, also everyone is negative they hate change.

Change your holiday destination to North Korea you will enjoy it more.

Jesus, what a miserable cunt you are.

• Upvote 2

A megabus to London? Crikey. I detest getting it to Glasgow or Edinburgh. I couldn't stomach that jaunt.

Another downside to it is that when you get off the bus, you're in London, and London is an arsehole.

Oh Jesus, I Megabussed to London once (there and back) it was horrific (sorry Jake). The heating was stuck on full blast on the way home so it got pretty messy. There were people fainting and all sorts. Basically just sweating all over each other. If a bus orgy was ever going to happen, it was that day, unfortunately it never did. :(

Leads me to believe that an orgy on a public bus will never happen, but I do live in hope.

Well the ones I've booked both travel over night. So hopefully I can get a kip on it. I done to Manchester and back. On the way back we were next to the toilet most of the way. And between both buses was lots of trains and a week of camping. So, hopefully the London bus will be somewhat of a doddle. Might take a spare iPod though. Bringing loadsa books.

My mate once got to the Eurostar and realised he left his passport at home. He got the megabus back from London and said he actually considered getting off and walking around 50 miles into his journey. He was a broken man when he returned.

Did he leave his balls at home too?

Oh boy, I did the Aberdeen - London megabus too many times and now the thought of it makes me have a panic attack.
Overnight is fine if you've got nobody sitting next to you so can spread out and try to sleep, but if you can't manage it's rubbish and so you'll try to read a book or magazine only to find that the lighting is so awful that it's pretty much impossible, so you end up trying to keep yourself amused by looking at Twitter and Facebook on your phone even though nobody you know is posting anything because they're all asleep and you're running out of battery, then you're just sat staring out the window in darkness at a 4am Preston and you gain this irrational hatred of Preston because you're forced to gawp at the post-soviet misery bunker they have for a bus station while nobody gets on or off the bus and nobody is within sight so you know that the whole stop is utterly pointless, then you start judging the rest of the town and notice that the most modern looking building in Preston is a fucking post office. This is the bus station.

preston_bus_station_1.png

The worst. Hate it. Hate it. Then you'll eventually start rolling into London at 6.30am and it gets light and you think "Everything is going to be okay now, these houses look like they're from Mary Poppins, this is brilliant, this has been worth the agony of sitting in the same seat for almost thirteen hours, not wanting to get up at toilet stops just in case you get back to your seat and can't get anywhere near as the minimal comfort you've found, can't wait to stop in London and get out and be in London" then you realise that it's 7am and nothing is open and you can't check into your Travelodge until 3pm and you have to walk around aimlessly until then carrying unfathomably unwieldy baggage when all you want to do is lie horizontally for a few minutes.

But I'm sure you'll have a nice time, Jake.

• Upvote 10

I got a Megabus to Manchester with an old girlfriend.  I fell asleep at Stonehaven, woke up in Glasgow to change buses, and then slept from south Glasgow all the way to Preston (where we got off).  She doesn't sleep on public transport so had a great time.  Poor girl...  I was snoring and drooling as well, apparently.  I'm such a delight. 

Guest Cool Thinker

Your going to Scotland on holiday, stay away from there it rains all the time and the people touch you up, also everyone is negative they hate change.

Change your holiday destination to North Korea you will enjoy it more.

This was an attempt to be funny since we are in Scotland but you people took it too seriously.

Waltz I will never forget that negative rep. When I find people posts rubbish I will no longer feel bad when pressing it.

A sad week for Aberdeen-Music indeed.

• Upvote 2

This was an attempt to be funny since we are in Scotland but you people took it too seriously.

Waltz I will never forget that negative rep. When I find people posts rubbish I will no longer feel bad when pressing it.

A sad week for Aberdeen-Music indeed.

"I will never forget that negative rep."

• Upvote 4