aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Really? Not even the Homer vs New York episode? Perhaps not best ever material but I wouldn't say those episodes are indicative of a decline.

3-8 is the peak for me but seasons one and two are still excellent.

It's not bad and certainly watchable, but just there's just no way it's up there with the likes of A Fish Called Selma, Bart of Darkness or The PTA Disbands purple monkey dishwasher.

This piece of news raised a Simpsons related smile this morning

FirstGroup chief Sir Moir Lockhead to retire, ex-Tube boss Tim O'Toole to take over - Telegraph

Sometime back in the very distant past, perhaps even before the big board change/crash/whatever happened in 2003, I forget, I posted here with the username supernintendo chalmers.

OK that's not very interesting, but what's important is that that line is one of Ralph's very best and most definitely funny.

Moving on, one of my favourite chalmers lines is in the episode when Skinner gets sacked, replaced by Flanders and then returns. His reason for taking Skinner back "he seems to know the kids names"

And of course, "you steam a good ham."

There really should be a dedicated Simpsons quotes/ discussion thread.

There was an AUBL board before this one (I think?) and FudgeNet...well before 2000 anyway. Bri..?!

But aberdeen-music I'm going to guess at 2001?

And before those there were the Lithium and Blind Youth message boards, but yeah I think aberdeen-music started in 2001 though having just looked up the WHOIS record for the domain name it might have been 2002.