aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Di maggios on Friday with the girls and had a mammoth feed of Yang Yang Chicken (Breast goujons coated in a seasame batter with bbq sauce - a must!) THE FINEST lasgane I have EVER had and followed by sharing 3 puddings with 3 pals...mmmmmmcheesecake, deep dish apple pie (one of the finest ever) and chcoclate fudge cake....boy you had to roll me out of there

All for 30 (included a good tip, drinks and coffees)

well worth a visit if you are in the area! Wish there was one in aberdeen

they have quite an extensive menu from pizze/pasta to oriental salmon (also delicious)

Mmm last night I made prawn n chorizo pasta....

I used...

a mix of stir fry oil (which has ginger in it) & chilli oil

couple cloves of garlic

small teaspoon of dried chillies and a fresh chilli chopped

pepper & onion

chorizo and small prawns (each optional)

cooked pasta

all fried up and mixed - mouths a little tingly from the chilli but well tasty!

Had tea in Dundee on Sunday in a place called Old Horsehoe on Commercial Street.. It was great. Nachos to start, which was massive for a starter, and I was almost full before the main arrived. Had a chicken and bacon burger, which was also ace. Onion Rings on the side were some of the best I've ever had.

Go there if you're ever unlucky enough to be in Dundee for whatever reason.

I went to Di maggios on Friday with the girls and had a mammoth feed of Yang Yang Chicken (Breast goujons coated in a seasame batter with bbq sauce - a must!) THE FINEST lasgane I have EVER had and followed by sharing 3 puddings with 3 pals...mmmmmmcheesecake, deep dish apple pie (one of the finest ever) and chcoclate fudge cake....boy you had to roll me out of there

All for 30 (included a good tip, drinks and coffees)

DI Maggios ying yang chicken is amazing! That bbq sauce they use tastes so so good. I always try and go when I'm in Glasgow. The three (I think its 3) cheese pasta they do is also lovely. Good burgers too.

Pomegranate Rubicon

GET IN MY GOB!

Mmmm I made Pomegranate Ice Cream on Wed and it's well fine and very easy to make :

2 large pomegranates (optional - extra 1 for the top when serving)

1 lime

175g Icing Sugar

500ml Double Cream

Juice the pomegranates & lime (I didn't have a juicer so just strained the juice once squeeeeezed). Whisk in the icing sugar till disolved. Add in the double cream and whisk till soft peaks on top...put in an air tight container and chuck in the freezer for 4hrs/overnight....voila very tasty!!

Had tea in Dundee on Sunday in a place called Old Horsehoe on Commercial Street.. It was great. Nachos to start, which was massive for a starter, and I was almost full before the main arrived. Had a chicken and bacon burger, which was also ace. Onion Rings on the side were some of the best I've ever had.

Go there if you're ever unlucky enough to be in Dundee for whatever reason.

That sounds interesting! What other kind of stuff did they serve?

I want to try and make jam this week. How hard can it be?

It's not hard at all, I made plum jam about a month ago and was well impressed, handed out jars to everyone!!

I made with

3lb plums (counted so I knew how many stones to pull out)

3.5lbs of sugar (loads I know)

Water

Soften all the plumbs add sugar and bring to boil then simmer, bring to boil then simmer a few times until thick but not too thick as it will thicken when cooled here's how to test....

TOP TIP - put a saucer in the freezer when you start to make the jam, by the time it looks ready, take the saucer out and put a spoon of the jam on it and see how it moves around to test consistency....works!

Using less sugar makes the jam taste more like fruit and less like sugar, if you're that way inclined. Diabetic and Low Sugar jam is fucking ace.

My mum made jam when I was a young un, and since she's diabetic, she used half the amount of sugar you're supposed to. It was better than anything you'd get from a supermarket. Dead good.

Using less sugar makes the jam taste more like fruit and less like sugar, if you're that way inclined. Diabetic and Low Sugar jam is fucking ace.

My mum made jam when I was a young un, and since she's diabetic, she used half the amount of sugar you're supposed to. It was better than anything you'd get from a supermarket. Dead good.

half to try that next time! Going to make more with different fruit....which tho yet to decide!!