aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

M&S Christmas Soup is back! It's fucking ace. Turkey, Parsnip and masive wads of stuffing. I've been waiting since January for it to return. I thought once Christmas was over, they'd just rebrand it as Turkey and Parsnip soup or something. But no. They took it away completely, the fucking bastards.

I went through a phase of eating about 3 a week. They were expensive lunches.

M&S Christmas Soup is back! It's fucking ace. Turkey, Parsnip and masive wads of stuffing. I've been waiting since January for it to return. I thought once Christmas was over, they'd just rebrand it as Turkey and Parsnip soup or something. But no. They took it away completely, the fucking bastards.

I went through a phase of eating about 3 a week. They were expensive lunches.

This interests me. Do explain further - is this from the take-away food counter or just the food-shop-bit?

Stuffing in soup? Sounds like a winner to me.

It's in the fresh soups bit, near the ready meals. It is super good. Once they took it away, I started to try their other soups, to fill the soup void, but none of them were as good.

Stuffing in soup is fantastic. I love stuffing. I wish it was a commonly acceptable as chips or salad. I'd replace chips with stuffing at every meal. On first thought, Fish and Stuffing sounds kind gross, but give it time. It would grow on you.

While we're on the subject, and this could also be posted in the pet hates thread:

stuffing != skirlie

Is != a mathematical symbol I don't know?

If you mean stuffing is the same is skirlie you are incorrect, but if you mean that stuffing is greater than skirlie then you are correct. :)

In short, both are great but given a choice it's stuffing every time.

Is != a mathematical symbol I don't know?

It means does not equal.

Skirlie is fucking awesome. Stuffing is a mediocre substitute. But because both essentially contain the same ingredients (oats, fat, onion) many people think they're the same thing.

Though that of course only goes for one type of stuffing i.e. oatmeal or white pudding.

A pork, sage and onion stuffing is pretty damn close to Skirlie's greatness it has to be said.

It means does not equal.

Skirlie is fucking awesome. Stuffing is a mediocre substitute. But because both essentially contain the same ingredients (oats, fat, onion) many people think they're the same thing.

Though that of course only goes for one type of stuffing i.e. oatmeal or white pudding.

A pork, sage and onion stuffing is pretty damn close to Skirlie's greatness it has to be said.

This is the stuffing I speak of. :]

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously, not got a bad thing to say, other than they didn't have carbonara left. My Mum and Dad were in last week, and so was a guy I work with, and they both liked it too.

:up:

I've been a couple of times and had a really nice meal each time, good service too. I ha da voucher for buy a meal get one for a pound, which helped!

Had penne with meatballs and chillies which was lovely served with salad

second time I had a meat calzone with chillies

both time had garlic bread which was a delight!

Going again on Thursday

Speaking of Markies, I had that Meal for 2 for 10 thing last Friday and it was bloody brilliant. Two sirloin steaks, oven roasted vegetables, profiterole stack and a nice bottle of red wine for a tenner? The steaks were lovely as well.

Mmmmm sounds well tasty....might have to have a trip to M&S

It's meant to be for 2, so it's certainly enough. I have it all to myself though, because I hate sharing.

I was quite chuffed with it actually. Will make sure i get it again.

Got me in the mood to make a pre Christmas Christmas meal.

Sweet tatty mash, honey roasted parsnip, Obscene amount of real stuffing and wee sausages wrapped in wholesome amounts of smoked bacon. All with giant homemade yorkshire puds!

Delightful

• Upvote 1

I was quite chuffed with it actually. Will make sure i get it again.

Got me in the mood to make a pre Christmas Christmas meal.

Sweet tatty mash, honey roasted parsnip, Obscene amount of real stuffing and wee sausages wrapped in wholesome amounts of smoked bacon. All with giant homemade yorkshire puds!

Delightful

Get in. None of that Aunt Bessies shite. Frozen Yorkies are the pits.