aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Went out for lunch at an Italian in Glasgow today and devoured; a plate of mussels in garlic and white wine, some rather scrumptious winter vegetable rissotto and a slightly incongrous but equally delivcious sticky toffee pudding. All washed down by two rather splendid Italian coffees.

The bill? Under a tenner. Swell.

Went out for lunch at an Italian in Glasgow today and devoured; a plate of mussels in garlic and white wine, some rather scrumptious winter vegetable rissotto and a slightly incongrous but equally delivcious sticky toffee pudding. All washed down by two rather splendid Italian coffees.

The bill? Under a tenner. Swell.

May I ask where (oh think I just did!)? Always looks for somewhere else in Glasgow....(will always find time for a trip to Di Maggio's tho)

I went to M&S to try out the 'dine in deal', but found out it was only Thurs to Sunday - gutted! But purchased a full meal (pork medallions, bread, veg, potatoes & pudding) and wine for only 14 with the half prices offers they had on instead...well decent!

Last night went to SPURS Grill in Union Square for 241 burgers...was pretty good. Home-made burger was delicious I opted for the Texan Chilli (disappointed it wasn't actually chilli and was just sauce, I decided what the hell and went for it). It came with chips and onion rings in 10 minutes exactly...just as the waitress said it would. There were three of us and we all had a bottomless glass of juice each and burgers with a portion of coleslaw between us (was quite large)...came to 8 each inc a small tip ....the waitress wasn't really that attentive or they would have got more!

Will visit again to try their all your can eat ribs n wings (Thurs & Sundays)

May I ask where (oh think I just did!)? Always looks for somewhere else in Glasgow....(will always find time for a trip to Di Maggio's tho)

I went to M&S to try out the 'dine in deal', but found out it was only Thurs to Sunday - gutted! But purchased a full meal (pork medallions, bread, veg, potatoes & pudding) and wine for only 14 with the half prices offers they had on instead...well decent!

Last night went to SPURS Grill in Union Square for 241 burgers...was pretty good. Home-made burger was delicious I opted for the Texan Chilli (disappointed it wasn't actually chilli and was just sauce, I decided what the hell and went for it). It came with chips and onion rings in 10 minutes exactly...just as the waitress said it would. There were three of us and we all had a bottomless glass of juice each and burgers with a portion of coleslaw between us (was quite large)...came to 8 each inc a small tip ....the waitress wasn't really that attentive or they would have got more!

Mimo's on Ashton Lane in the West End. That whole area is pretty much great for wallet-friendly lunchtime deals.

Last night went to SPURS Grill in Union Square for 241 burgers...was pretty good. Home-made burger was delicious I opted for the Texan Chilli (disappointed it wasn't actually chilli and was just sauce, I decided what the hell and went for it). It came with chips and onion rings in 10 minutes exactly...just as the waitress said it would. There were three of us and we all had a bottomless glass of juice each and burgers with a portion of coleslaw between us (was quite large)...came to 8 each inc a small tip ....the waitress wasn't really that attractive or they would have got more!

Fixed. ;)

Really? When I got the Dine In Deal it was Friday evening. It was the new Markies home and food store at Union Square I went to, but don't know if that would make a difference.

That new place on George Street, Mother Tuckerz - If you want a sandwich with fresh, good quality ingredients, bread that isn't as chewy as bubblegum and dry like sand, and made so the filling doesn't fall out of the bread, and all over your lap - Go somewhere else.

The tomato tastes days old. I'm a right tomato snob and I get a bit arsey about freshness, but this must have been cut many days ago. Innards had dried, and the flesh had gone soggy. The ham is squares of ham like you get in Dairylea lunchables. They don't have Mayo or any kind of dressing, other than ketchup or salsa. No butter either. Margerine. Who the fuck uses margerine? She microwaved the baguette for 30 seconds before preparing it too, so it was stiff and chewy. You only do that if bread is starting to go a bit stale...

That was the worst lunch I've had since that day when I had nothing for lunch.

No butter either. Margerine. Who the fuck uses margerine?

Who uses butter? I always assume that when a sandwich shop says "Do you want butter?" they actually mean margerine or olive oil spread or whatever the fuck yellow fat that isn't butter they actually have.

Don't you find it quite surprising, that when you quickly throw something together (because of a lack of ingredients for a recipe) that you actually make something REALLY fine ???......

Made a Beef, Chick Pea and Spinach Curry for tea tonight, with some Tomato, Onion & Cucumber salad and homemade Raita, homemade chappati's, and nicely rounded off with Profiteroles & cream.....

It was delicious, if I say so myself, I certainly earned brownie points from the wife & kids...

yummmmmm.......

I made an awesome stew tonight, it was brilliant.

Brown some beef coated in flour, salt, pepper and paprika, brown some chestnut mushrooms and onions. Glug of red wine to deglaze then cook for 2 hours with some good quality beef stock and carrots, parsnips, half a neep and a couple of bay leaves.

Perfect winter food.

Don't you find it quite surprising, that when you quickly throw something together (because of a lack of ingredients for a recipe) that you actually make something REALLY fine ???......

Made a Beef, Chick Pea and Spinach Curry for tea tonight, with some Tomato, Onion & Cucumber salad and homemade Raita, homemade chappati's, and nicely rounded off with Profiteroles & cream.....

It was delicious, if I say so myself, I certainly earned brownie points from the wife & kids...

yummmmmm.......

Let's see if they're farting and shitting all day tomorrow first... :up:

• Upvote 1