aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Do they De'liver? We're looking for somewhere to go on occasion for our office lunches....the girls tried canapesaberdeen.com (i was out of the office) and they said it was terrible food, late in arriving and after phoning many times they got the order wrong..:(

They deliver but it's got to be over 15 I think.

Try sme of the speciality sandwiches, like the Mona Lisa or the Decadence. AMAZING. They are better than tits.

• Upvote 1

That was my reaction when I saw it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's actually really tasty, though I'd still rate the Fudge Brownie ones higher.

Vanilla is my favourite flavour, despite the fudge brownie one being awesome. I'm a bit of a Ned Flander when it comes to flavours though.

"A popsicle in my favourite flavour... plain!"

They deliver but it's got to be over 15 I think.

Try sme of the speciality sandwiches, like the Mona Lisa or the Decadence. AMAZING. They are better than tits.

I will!

I had a subway BMT last night for my dinner, with southwest sauce, which I've never had before but it was really fine.

For lunch today I had a Subway pizza sub, with barbeque sauce. Delicious. Got to stop buying Subways.

You have to combine the south west & the BBQ for an outstanding munch........try it! (sorry if repeating, repeating myself...but just too fine!)

I had a subway BMT last night for my dinner, with southwest sauce, which I've never had before but it was really fine.

The southwest sauce is Subways greatest asset in my opinion. I tend to always go for the Veggie Patty which is essentially a veggie burger (as there's no other non-meat option) with lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and lots of gherkins. I fucking love gherkins.

On the Earl of Sandwich front I favour the Pizza D'nini with black olives or the Veggie Haloumi grill thing. They also have a rather broad selection reading material there whilst you wait, which is always a bonus.

I was feeling saucy today, so I tried a new sandwich place. I can't remember the name, but it's the one next to One-Up. It was crap. Very expensive and just not a good sandwich. It fell apart as soon as I unwrapped it, the salad was stale, the mayonnaise was warm and the chicken tasted very cheap.

Regret.

I was feeling saucy today, so I tried a new sandwich place. I can't remember the name, but it's the one next to One-Up. It was crap. Very expensive and just not a good sandwich. It fell apart as soon as I unwrapped it, the salad was stale, the mayonnaise was warm and the chicken tasted very cheap.

Regret.

The Beautiful Mountain.

I've been there once and it was expensive and not very good.

Can anyone recommend me a nice korma sauce? I use to really enjoy the Loyd Grossman one until the bastard changed the recipe.

RECIPE ALERT...

Korma

4 chicken breasts

1 onion

2 cloves of garlic

5-6 mushrooms, sliced

1 tablespoon of mango chutney

50g of ground almonds

1 small tin of evaporated milk

1 small carton of double cream

1 tablespoon of Korma curry paste

Sprinkle of mixed herbs

Preparation:

First of all, go for a long walk/run as you are about to consume 1,000,000 calories.

In a big saucepan, cook the garlic and onion in a little olive oil for 3 minutes or until softened.

Cut up the chicken into bitesize chunks and add to the pan, fry for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through

Add the mushrooms and the curry paste and mix through

Add the herbs, almonds, mango chutney and add all of the cream and 3/4 of the milk

Cook very gently for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better), stirring regularly and dont allow it to stick to the bottom. If the mixture is too thick, then add the remainder of the milk.

LOW FAT TIKA MASALA...VERY TASTY!

For the marinade

1 tablespoon tikka masala Curry paste

150g 0% fat Greek yoghurt

2 free-range chicken breasts each cut into 5-6 large chunks

Salt

For the sauce

1 rounded tablespoon tikka masala curry paste

1 onion, finely chopped

200g passatta

200ml tin reduced-fat or light coconut milk

1 tablespoon 0% fat Greek yoghurt

A handful of coriander, chopped

To make the marinade, mix the curry paste, yoghurt, chicken and salt together, cover and leave overnight in the fridge to absorb all the delicious flavours.

Preheat a conventional oven to 220C or a fan-assisted one to 200C.

Wipe the marinade off the chicken and place, piece by piece, onto a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly charred, but not cooked through.

You are just trying to get some colour here because the chicken will finish cooking in the curry sauce. Set the tikka chicken aside while you make the sauce.

Heat the curry paste in a saucepan. Add the onion and sweat slowly over a low heat for five to eight minutes or until the onion is translucent and soft.

It is important to take the time to do this slowly because the onion will then release its natural sugars, producing a sweeter dish, but be careful not to do this over too high a heat because the curry paste will burn.

Add the passatta and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and add the tikka chicken.

Cook over a low heat for five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Finish by stirring through the yoghurt and coriander.

Parsnips are the best veg. Name a better veg. See, you can't.

ONIONS - Red Onions, Spring Onions, Shallots, White Onions ...raw or cooked..mmmmmmm