aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

3495001542_51eab75c2f.jpg

That's what I had for tea tonight. Lamb shank from the butcher and I cooked it in half a bottle of red wine with some garlic, rosemary and shallots for 3 hours. It was so tender I hardly needed a knife, it just fell apart.

Amazing.

Not a fan of lamb, but looks well tasty sauce!!

I had a stifado from Christos, and it had chunky of beef the size of my fist, which just fell apart when I went to cut it...soooo tender yum!

Having banana on toast for my lunch not had it in yonks!

I had a chicken and bacon lattice pie from Tesco last night, which looked good but was rubbish.

Best meal recently was smoked mackrel with boiled new potatoes (covered in butter) and a side salad (with a Caesar* dressing) - delicious!

*not the dog food.

ha ha not the dog food :) I love mackrel yummy!

• 2 weeks later...
The rip off flight of the concords. They make me angry.:down:

yeah is that the two men dancing....totally agree I was thinking the same thing...never as good!!

I'm having a pampered chef party and the girl is demo-n this recipe (soooo good):

Chicken & Broccoli Ring

Recipe

225g (8 oz)skinless, boneless cooked chicken, chopped

175g (6 oz)broccoli, chopped

1/2*red pepper, seeded and finely diced

1clove garlic

140g (5 oz)Gruyre or Emmental cheese,

125ml (4 fl oz)mayonnaise

2tablespoons Dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 packets (240 g each) chilled fresh ready-to-bake dough for six croissants

1 egg white,

mmm not sure how to make it yet tho! But will be more interested in eating I think!

scrap that...I had a meaball sub instead....mmm tried with jalepinos this time..om nom nom indeed

Oh god damn I love Subway. I have at least one a week, sometimes two or three. However the meatball subs are ming, and I really hate jalapenos so your choice of sandwich does little for me.

The food poisoning pizza I was talking about yesterday was covered in jalapenos and since then I can't touch them. My vomit tasted like jalapenos for three days. That'll put you right off them. Also, pooping out half digested jalapenos stings like a motherfucker.

As for the Sub, it hasta be the pizza sub, with peppers, red onion and barbecue sauce. And if they aren't doing the pizza, melt, BMT or steak and cheese are a reliable backup.

I love the detail in the above post.

As for quick fix sandwiches, I do enjoy a footlong, purely because of it's size and I am often enough of a slop to disregard food quality for quantity, buffets for example. Subway are still pretty nasty though. The salad tastes so stale and off, completely going against their "Eat Fresh" slogan. If I have time to wait (due to busy lunchtimes) I prefer Earl of Sandwich. I am in love with the 'Kitwich', so much so that I bought all the ingredients to make it at home. It's not as good as theirs, but it's still great.

Oh god damn I love Subway. I have at least one a week, sometimes two or three. However the meatball subs are ming, and I really hate jalapenos so your choice of sandwich does little for me.

As for the Sub, it hasta be the pizza sub, with peppers, red onion and barbecue sauce. And if they aren't doing the pizza, melt, BMT or steak and cheese are a reliable backup.

Just as well it was for me then!!

I don't like the ham in Subway, rank! But highly recommend accompanying BBQ sauce with a sploosh of south west and even more tasty!!

The one thing I really hate about subway is the lack of care into making your sub - I might have said this before - wish they would spread the filling out and not just dump it on the bread!

I love the detail in the above post.

As for quick fix sandwiches, I do enjoy a footlong, purely because of it's size and I am often enough of a slop to disregard food quality for quantity, buffets for example. Subway are still pretty nasty though. The salad tastes so stale and off, completely going against their "Eat Fresh" slogan. If I have time to wait (due to busy lunchtimes) I prefer Earl of Sandwich. I am in love with the 'Kitwich', so much so that I bought all the ingredients to make it at home. It's not as good as theirs, but it's still great.

mmmm earl! I had a Chopper Deluxe, by far my favourite form there on Brown roll - Pastrami, cream cheese, gruyere, sundried tomato, jalapeo (optional ;)), sweet corn...and salad!...mmmmm

I've never had a problem with lax sandwich artistry until last week when I went to the Subway in Tesco at Danestone. The miserable faced spotty little cunt behind the counter, who clearly had nothing but complete disdain for customers, made a shabby, half-assed attempt at making my sandwich, in between huffing and puffing, sighing loudly, shaking his head, and almost throwing a tantrum because I didn't order all my stuff at once (because I didn't get a chance to). When I finally got my sandwich and opened it it just fell to bits, and it didn't have enough pizza sauce in it, or any of the BBQ sauce I'd asked for.

Also, when I was sitting at my table the woman who was behind me in the queue walked past me with a bowl of meatballs, which he told me they had run out of. I was very close to putting in a complaint about him, then I remembered I worked in customer service / retail for a long time and it can be pretty soul destroying if you're having a bad day, so I cut him some slack. This time....

As for tasty sandwiches, canna beat G*Dawgs on Holburn Street. Some of their sandwiches are bona fide masterpieces...

Man, if someone was huffing and puffing over my sandwich, I'd ask them to make it again. I don't want their spit and breath anywhere near my reconstituted meat products in bread. I've had bad days in customer service as well, but I don't think I was ever an outright ballbag to someone because of it. Besides, the customer chooses everything that goes in the sandwich, so unless the chap is either just doing it half arsed or is playing keepy uppy with the loaf of bread, there's not much that can be complained about. Working in Subway must be a pretty easy gig. What's he got to be miserable about? Subway FM blaring all day. Having the job title of "sandwich artist". Chin up. You could be cleaning bogs and emptying sanitary towel bins.

As for tasty sandwiches, canna beat G*Dawgs on Holburn Street. Some of their sandwiches are bona fide masterpieces...

Do they De'liver? We're looking for somewhere to go on occasion for our office lunches....the girls tried canapesaberdeen.com (i was out of the office) and they said it was terrible food, late in arriving and after phoning many times they got the order wrong..:(