aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

In Barcelona last week at Primavera, we had all been looking at them for two days and saying 'that's fucking disgusting' and 'I'd never eat that' etc but then the drunken hunger kicked in and they started looking pretty tempting.

I'm even more ashamed to say, it wasn't even that bad.

I have this vision of something really foul - like Mark Thatcher at a swingers party, wearing one - Well, you can guess where! o_O

I am experimenting with different kinds of apples, after living on Gala and Golden Delicious for years. I am hoping to stumble across some British varieties that used to be popular but have since all but disappeared off the shelves since the supermarkets started shipping in cheaper foreign varieties in their millions (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Gala etc.)

Admittedly I haven't found many yet, but I am very much enjoying Pink Ladies (which are Argentinian for the record). Sweet and juicy!

I am experimenting with different kinds of apples, after living on Gala and Golden Delicious for years. I am hoping to stumble across some British varieties that used to be popular but have since all but disappeared off the shelves since the supermarkets started shipping in cheaper foreign varieties in their millions (Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Gala etc.)

Admittedly I haven't found many yet, but I am very much enjoying Pink Ladies (which are Argentinian for the record). Sweet and juicy!

Pink Lady Apples are from Australia.

whoo got my pampered chef order in bad boy food chopper, awesome garlic press and a super-duper grill pan which holds 4 steaks or toasties or chciken breests (amongst others....can't wait to get home and find out what I ordered)

Some serious cooking to be done!

Look it up on the internet if you want. There are Pink Ladies grown around the world. They were originally cultivated in Australia though and Australia still remains their main source.

I don't need to look it up on the internet! I believe you that they are originally Australian, but the ones I am eating come in a bag which has "Produce of Argentina" written on it!

I tried a garlic press once, it broke straight away. Just don't see the point in them now when it's just as easy to bash, scrape and chop with a decent knife. Easier to clean too.

nah nah a garlic press is much much easier to use, i recently got one after years of fucking about with a big knife makes me that little bit happier in the kitchen.

nah nah a garlic press is much much easier to use, i recently got one after years of fucking about with a big knife makes me that little bit happier in the kitchen.

Bah, you're not cooking properly unless you're fucking about with dangerously large knives.

Bah, you're not cooking properly unless you're fucking about with dangerously large knives.

i have a huge set of ace knives, good story as well, dodgy as hell guy comes into my old work with two sets of knives, 20 kinves a set and two carbon steels, asking for 150 for the lot, each set is worth 800 each new, needless to say there were no questions asked!!

i have a huge set of ace knives, good story as well, dodgy as hell guy comes into my old work with two sets of knives, 20 kinves a set and two carbon steels, asking for 150 for the lot, each set is worth 800 each new, needless to say there were no questions asked!!

Are you sure it wasn't a 20 quid set in a fancy box?

I've seen that on the Real Hustle.

I don't need to look it up on the internet! I believe you that they are originally Australian, but the ones I am eating come in a bag which has "Produce of Argentina" written on it!

It must've just been the way you typed it initially. I thought you were claiming that as a type of Apple they were from Argentina, not that those particular ones were physically from the land of river-cooled corned beef. Apologies.

It must've just been the way you typed it initially. I thought you were claiming that as a type of Apple they were from Argentina, not that those particular ones were physically from the land of river-cooled corned beef. Apologies.

Teh intornetz. Creating misunderstandings since 1994. :up:

Granny Smith, FTW. I just love how crunchy they are.

I don't like them. The skin is too chewy. Golden Delicious ar my apple of choice, but after 2 years of eating them every day I'm getting a wee bit fed up of them.

Braeburn are pretty tasty. I really want to try a Cox's orange pippin.

Just seen that. I retract my previous statement towards you. Although it's validity still stands. :up:

Plus, I know my shiiiiiiit.

I tried a garlic press once, it broke straight away. Just don't see the point in them now when it's just as easy to bash, scrape and chop with a decent knife. Easier to clean too.

Ahhhh ha ha I would have said the same until I got this beast, you just stick the clove in whole and minimum squeeze and voila....then you take the skin out the back bit. It even comes with a scraper/gauger/poker for the holes or getting anything out of the press piece. Easy wash! well impressed no longer have stinky garlic fingers (even if I like the smell of garlic, not nice when you go out)

Got some good Sabatier knives at xmas, and also a big fuck off cleavar from China (no idea how he managed to get 6 of them home!!!) sharp as....erm knives?!

Ahhhh ha ha I would have said the same until I got this beast, you just stick the clove in whole and minimum squeeze and voila....then you take the skin out the back bit. It even comes with a scraper/gauger/poker for the holes or getting anything out of the press piece. Easy wash! well impressed no longer have stinky garlic fingers (even if I like the smell of garlic, not nice when you go out)

I'm still not really convinced. Guess I'll stick with smashing the flat of a knife down onto the garlic, peel the skin in one go, then scrape/crush/slice to desired consistency.

Not really big on kitchen gadgets on the whole. The only one I use all the time is a tattie peeler, but strangely my girlfriend who doesn't cook as much hates it and prefers to use a knife. But not my chef's knife, she's scared of it.

I want new knives. Got a cobbled together collection of supermarket ones just now that are far from brilliant. Do the job though.

I'm still not really convinced. Guess I'll stick with smashing the flat of a knife down onto the garlic, peel the skin in one go, then scrape/crush/slice to desired consistency.

Not really big on kitchen gadgets on the whole. The only one I use all the time is a tattie peeler, but strangely my girlfriend who doesn't cook as much hates it and prefers to use a knife. But not my chef's knife, she's scared of it.

I want new knives. Got a cobbled together collection of supermarket ones just now that are far from brilliant. Do the job though.

ha ha each to their own, I'm not selling or promoting them ;) but i am impressed

You need a good sharp knife tho for chopping, makes it easier and gives less chance of cutting yourself too :)

You need a good sharp knife tho for chopping, makes it easier and gives less chance of cutting yourself too :)

Totally. Try telling some people that though. I was cooking at christmas using my Mum's knives and they were all really blunt and kept slipping off what I was cutting. Was driving me mad but she didn't seem to get it when I told her that a sharp knife is safer because it won't bounce off an onion and chop your finger off.