aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Pizza Express is mint. Great Pizza. I just wish they had a bit more to them. They are almost like if you could have a full pizza as a starter.

For pigging the fuck out, I prefer a Dominoes myself. As long as its drowning in BBQ sauce and meat.

2 4 1 offers at PExpress just now :)

mmm dommmmmmino's

Went to Cinnamon for the first time last night. Amazing. They deserve all the awards they get.

Had the scallops starter and the tamarind lamb main, it was some of the best food I've eaten for ages. The crab and sweet potato surprise that my girlfriend had was pretty awesome too.

Only disappointment was the desserts. I don't understand why they can have such high standards for the food and the service (great service) but they throw in a bunch of mediocre ready made desserts. The dessert menu was identical to ones I saw in every restaurant in the Algarve last year, pish.

If I went back I'd just stuff myself some more on the yummy food they actually cook rather than save space for a pudding.

I've been hearing really good things about Korova's food... i had pea soup and a fetta with roast meditaranian veg sandwich for lunch a few days ago and it was brilliant, tasted really fresh, the manager said that when they kitted out the kitchen they purposefully didn't get a freezer or microwave, which if true is quite impressive.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've only been to Cinnamon once and I was very disappointed. The food was distinctly average and the service was atrocious. I almost had to rugby tackle a waitress just to get a beer, and they couldn't get us out the door fast enough. Didn't even get offered desserts, they just took our main course plates away and brought us the bill. Won't be going back, Light of Bengal round the corner is much better.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I've only been to Cinnamon once and I was very disappointed. The food was distinctly average and the service was atrocious. I almost had to rugby tackle a waitress just to get a beer, and they couldn't get us out the door fast enough. Didn't even get offered desserts, they just took our main course plates away and brought us the bill. Won't be going back, Light of Bengal round the corner is much better.

Strange, that's the exact opposite of the experience I had. Did you go for one of the old favourites or try their signature dishes?

Light of Bengal is great though, love the rahjastani bhoona.

I can't remember what i had but it was nothing special, everything was just sort of 'meh'. Maybe i just caught them on a bad night or something but first impressions last, it was bad enough to put me right off it. Though the first time i went to the Blue Moon it was crap but i went back and it was much better, but I've never had a curry in Aberdeen that can match the Light of Bengal, it's just sublime.

I really liked Cinnamon had the ginger chicken which was delightful, the guy I was with had the prawns which came looked and tasted yummy. The service was excellent also, didn't feel too smothered and always asked if we needed anything or enjoyed our meal. We went on a Sunday so it was quite quiet.

My fave just now is Gurkha Kitchen on George St mmmmmmmmm take away tho

I've been hearing really good things about Korova's food... i had pea soup and a fetta with roast meditaranian veg sandwich for lunch a few days ago and it was brilliant, tasted really fresh, the manager said that when they kitted out the kitchen they purposefully didn't get a freezer or microwave, which if true is quite impressive.

Korova's food is awesome, all freshly cooked. I'm going there every week right now for a bite to eat.

Went to Prime Cuts on the weekend too. Absolutely fantastic. Pricey though. My fillet steak was superb. Glad I wasn't paying.

Lamb. Good grief, how fucking good is Lamb? Best meat there is bar none. Sure, chicken is versatile, and goes with almost everything ever, but Lamb. Phwoar. Incredible. I just had a couple of minted Lamb steaks for my supper, and it was just brilliant.

I should eat more Lamb. Every day. Morning noon and night.

• Upvote 1

Lamb. Good grief, how fucking good is Lamb? Best meat there is bar none. Sure, chicken is versatile, and goes with almost everything ever, but Lamb. Phwoar. Incredible. I just had a couple of minted Lamb steaks for my supper, and it was just brilliant.

This is one of those posts I wish I could give rep for, but I can't. Apart from the bit about mint, I hate mint. Especially with lamb. I just want to taste the fucking lamb.

Give me some lamb cooked slowly for hours in red wine so it just melts apart when you bite it, amazing.

This is one of those posts I wish I could give rep for, but I can't. Apart from the bit about mint, I hate mint. Especially with lamb. I just want to taste the fucking lamb.

Give me some lamb cooked slowly for hours in red wine so it just melts apart when you bite it, amazing.

It's half 11 and I could be doing with a slowly cooked bit of lamb in red wine. Right now.

It's half 11 and I could be doing with a slowly cooked bit of lamb in red wine. Right now.

You should have thought of that at 2pm.

It's like that Mitch Hedberg bit when he says he just chucks a potato in the oven just in case he wants a baked potato at some point in the future coz they take that bloody long.

oh no.....lamb only ever been able to eat it in an Indian with loads of spices. Just not a fan of the taste of the meat :( wish I was cause as Chris says slow cooked) and melty...I'll stick with beef slow cooked (mmmmm Christos stifado comes to mind) :)

Mint is only good for a mojito!! ;) ha ha

I tried pigeon for the first time, I was quite impressed! Tasted a little bit like duck had a plumy sauce with it, recommend!