aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

here ya go Lucky and anyone else....(from my pal pork n rosemary burgers)

"I normally use 300g mince (normally makes at least 6-8), one onion, as much garlic as you fancy (which I normally fry first then add to mince etc), 2-3 slices of bread into breadcrumbs, dash of olive oil, few dashes of worcester sauce, (also tabasco if you fancy) a bit of herbes de provence, lashings of rosemary. Chuck it all together, and make your burgers. Its kind of an improvised recipe to be honest, but one I've used for years and they seem to go down well! You could also chuck in a wee bit of honey or mustard which I've done before too & works quite well."

That looks disgusting. What is it?! A battered chicken kiev?! ?(

Chicken breast, wrapped round a mealie pudding, then the whole lot wrapped in bacon, battered & fried.

It may well look disguisting but it was absolutely delicious! They do versions with black or haggis puddings at the core. :)

Not much can go wrong with leek & tattie soup IME. :)

By the way, does anyone know of a UK equivilent to this website:

Serious Eats: A Food Blog and Community

It's a great site but concentrates far too much on American takeaway food. I love pizza and burgers but don't want to read about them every single day.

Some of the broadsheets have great individual food sections, but they're not quite the same idea.

Maybe I should start my own site...

I made my own fajitas the other night. Affa fine. I'm not sure about the recipe because I was just adding things, tasting, adding things, tasting, until it tasted right. I bought the tortillas like but the mixture was mine.

Should make about 10 wraps.

4 chicken breasts, sliced.

One onion - chopped

One red, one green, one yellow pepper - chopped

2 cloves garlic - chopped

1 tin peeled tomatoes - chopped

Tomato pure

turmeric, cumin, paprika, chili powder and oregano.

Fry the chicken in a wok till it's cooked through, then add the onion, garlic, and peppers and fry till the onions are brown. Add the tomatoes, and pour in the juice from the tin to make a sauce. Add approx 3 tbsp tomato pure.

Then add approx:

2 tsp of paprika

1 tsp turmeric

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp chili powder

and as much oregano as you like.

Taste this. If it's not spicy enough add more chili powder and cumin. If it's not tomatoey enough, add more tomato pure.

Simmer in the wok for about 10 minutes, then you should have a lovely spicy tomoatoey mix in which you can still taste all the fresh vegetables.

Serve on warm flour tortilla wraps with salsa and sour cream. DELICIOUS.

recently discovered a great way to cook steaks.

pepper the steaks to buggery

fry them as normal, most of the pepper will flake off in the pan.

take out the steaks and leave to rest

with the meaty gooey goodness still in the pan, take off the heat, add a dash of brandy, flambe the fucker (the best part)

put back on the heat and add cream, whisk till all combined = yummy pepper sauce