aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

• 2 weeks later...

I knocked together my famous "Stuff that's going out of date" stir fry last night. Peppers, (red/green/yellow) chicken breast, red onion, white onion, garlic, tomatoes. BAM. Bang it all in a wok and fry the fuck out of it then pour in 2 tins chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chili powder, paprika, tumin, curmeric, basil. Dinner is served.

I knocked together my famous "Stuff that's going out of date" stir fry last night. Peppers, (red/green/yellow) chicken breast, red onion, white onion, garlic, tomatoes. BAM. Bang it all in a wok and fry the fuck out of it then pour in 2 tins chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, chili powder, paprika, tumin, curmeric, basil. Dinner is served.

Sounds like a veggie chilli!! mmmm

Recipe?? I'd quite like to make a stew, there was on eon Come dine with me which had a whole bottle fo red wine YUM!

brown off some stewing steak or some round is what i usualy use, brown that with onion for about 5 mins, then cover it all in plain flour whilst it is still hot, then add some water or red wine, depending on what you have avaliable, so it comes just over the meat, add some grated carrot, stock cube, salt pepper and tomato puree, cook it all over a low heat for about 2 hours and stirr it regularly so it doesnt stick, serve with some mash and white pudding and your onto a winner :up:

What about kidney beans? Chilli needs beans. All kinds of beans.

I'm just being picky.

I didn't quite say it was exactly like a veggie chilli ..... but agreed Kideny's beans are a must for chilli!

Last night I made twice cooked pork (joint roasted on Monday & half eaten like that) the other half with fried noodles & corgettes in a soya/chilli sauce (sugar, vinegar, soya sauce, chillies, garlic & springers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)