aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Some recipes from an Indian ship that my mate does some support/co-ordination for:

Good day' date='

Thank you very much for you all to visit for lunch. It was my pleasure to have you all.

Following are the recipes :

1. Fish Burjee :

Take the required quantity of fresh fish you require and boil it in water with little ginger. After the fish is cooked properly, remove the bones and shredder and keep it separately.

Take the following items and keep it ready for frying :

1. Mustard - 1 spoon

2. Urid Dhall - 1 spoon

3. Channa Dhall - 1 spoon

4. Curry leaves - 1 spoon

5. Small ginger pieces (finely grated) - 2 Spoon

6. Green Chilly ( finely sliced ) - 3 Spoon

7. Onion ( finely sliced ) - 2 medium sized.

Add 10 spoons of cooking oil in a pan and heat it for some time, drop items no. 1 to 4 of above list allow it become golden brown, later add item no. 5 and 6 of the above list, later add item no. 7 and allow it to become golden brown and add some salt for your taste.

Once you find all in golden brown, add the shredder fish into it and stir it properly.

Take one tomato and splice it finely and add to the cooking fish and spread some coriander leaves and it is ready to serve.

2. Coconut Rice :

Cook the required rice ( preferably Basmati )and keep it separately.

1. Mustard - 1 spoon

2. Urid Dhall - 1 spoon

5. Cashew nuts - 50 Grams

6. Small ginger pieces (finely grated) - 2 Spoon

7. Green Chilly ( finely sliced ) - 3 Spoon

8. Desiccated coconut - 150 grams

Add 10 spoons of cooking oil in a pan and heat it for some time, drop items no. 1 to 5 of above list allow it become golden brown, later add item no. 6 and 7 of the above list, later add item no. 7 and DONOT allow it to become golden brown and add some salt for your taste.

Now mix the cooked rice to your requirement and it is ready to serve.

3. Tomato Rice :

1. Mustard - 1 spoon

2. Urid Dhall - 1 spoon

5. Small ginger pieces (finely grated) - 2 Spoon

6. Green Chilly ( finely sliced ) - 3 Spoon

7. Tomato puree - 2 spoon

8. Onion ( finely sliced ) - 2 medium sized.

9. Peeled tomatoes - 2 Nos.

10. Chilly powder - 1 Tea Spoon

Add 10 spoons of cooking oil in a pan and heat it for some time, drop items no. 1 to 4 of above list allow it become golden brown, later add item no. 5 to 7 of the above list, later add item no. 8 and allow it to become golden brown and add item no. 9 and 10 and cook it properly and add some salt for your taste.

4. Lime Rice :

1. Mustard - 1 spoon

2. Urid Dhall - 1 spoon

5. Roasted Ground nuts - 5 Spoons

6. Cashew Nuts - 50 Grams

7. Small ginger pieces (finely grated) - 2 Spoon

8. Green Chilly ( finely sliced ) - 3 Spoon

9. Turmeric powder - 1 Tea spoon

10. Fresh Lime juice - 15 spoons

Add 10 spoons of cooking oil in a pan and heat it for some time, drop items no. 1 to 6 of above list allow it become golden brown, later add item no. 7 and 8 of the above list, later add item no. 9 and heat it properly and now mix item no. 10 and boil it properly and salt for your taste.

5. Avial :

Chop the following item vegetables :

1. Aborigine - 3 nos.

2. Potato - 3 Nos

3. Carrot - 3 Nos

4. French Beans - 100 grams

Boil all the above vegetables and half cook it.

Take desiccated coconut, Jeera and 6 Nos Green chillies and grind it to paste.

Add the above grinded paste to the boiling vegetable. Allow it boil and make sure the coconut, jeera and the green chilli is cooked properly.

Once cooked properly, cool it to the room temperature.

Once properly cooled, Mix about pint of Fresh Yogurt (Curd) to the cooled vegetable.

Take the frying pan, heat about 75 grams of coconut oil and fry some mustard seed, urid dhall and curry leaves and drop it the vegetables.

Add salt for your taste and is ready to serve.

I wish and hope the above recipes really works out correctly. All my best wishes. Enjoy your meal.

Thanks and With Kind Regards

Capt S Prabhakaran[/quote']

mmmm channa love chick peas!!

My mum has a great recipe for channa n potato curry and chicken curry all served with Roti, a family dish we all get excited about when she cooks it. I normally know when we're getting it when I go up home and there's a 'surprise' for dinner....it has to be it...served with hot pepper sauce!!

stovies for lunch yummo!!

I'm having a bash at making some home made ketchup this weekend. It'll hopefully be a bit more like the middle ground between a ketchup and a relish. Not too smooth, not too chunky. I've got a decent recipe as a backbone, but I'm gonna try and toy with it. I've got the idea stuck in my head of putting a bit of apple into the mix, so I'm gonna run with that and see how it goes.

Going to drop out the brown and caster sugar from the recipe and replace with sweeteners, as the whole reason for wanting to make a home made ketchup is that the regular stuff is crammed with sugar and all kinds of garbage.

Try this recipe guys..... really quick and incredibly tasty...and low fat!

Chinese Noodles with Vegetables and Shredded Omelette

Soak 225g Thread Egg Noodles for about 6 minutes in boiling water, or according to pack instructions.

Beat 4 medium eggs with 2 tbsp skimmed milk.

Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Pour the eggs into the pan to make an omelette, cooking until just set. Fold over, turn out on to a warm plate and keep warm.

Heat a wok or large frying pan with low fat cooking spray and add

1 crushed garlic clove,

1 tbsp grated root ginger,

1 finely sliced carrot,

1 finely sliced courgette,

6 chopped spring onions,

1 finely sliced red pepper

110g (4oz) baby corn.

Stir-fry briskly for about 3 minutes, then add the hot drained noodles and bean sprouts.

Slice the omelette into fine shreds and add to the wok, stir-frying to reheat for about 2 minutes.

Season with soy sauce,

Chinese 5 spice powder, salt and pepper.

Serve at once.

Soak 225g Thread Egg Noodles for about 6 minutes in boiling water, or according to pack instructions.

Don't soak noodles, just buy the fresh ones. You can get them everywhere these days. Amoy ones seem to be the most common and you just open the pack and chuck them in the wok.

Haven't had a stir fry for a while actually, BBC Good Food have a great Pad Thai recipe I use a lot:

Pad Thai recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Haven't had a stir fry for a while actually, BBC Good Food have a great Pad Thai recipe I use a lot:

Pad Thai recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

I love pad thai noodles!!

apparently you should leave noodles 30min before stir frying but I never do and they always turn out just fine :) that recipe sound good tho!

Anyone got a Thai Salmon noodles soup recipe tried n tested?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Heading to Bistro Verde at The Green on Friday, I've heard alot of good reviews on it so hopefully it'll be good

The food in there is terrific, you're in for a treat.

It's a right small place though, and the acoustics are a bit whacked. If there's a table of noisy cunts it'll be deafening...

Guest idol_wild
I must say though, what is this new internet phenomenon of using the words "om nom nom" when talking (typing) about food?

It's just hurrendous. It's like the sound of sitting in the dinner hall of a primary school, with ill-mannered infants, gnawing open-mouthed on their jam and banana butties.

Pet Hates, my friend, Pet Hates ;)

I must say though, what is this new internet phenomenon of using the words "om nom nom" when talking (typing) about food?

It's just hurrendous. It's like the sound of sitting in the dinner hall of a primary school, with ill-mannered infants, gnawing open-mouthed on their jam and banana butties.

I hate those noises yuegh!

Om Nom Nom Nom WelcOMe NOM NOM NOM

I was under the impression it came from this:

delicious_cake.jpg

Don't soak noodles, just buy the fresh ones. You can get them everywhere these days. Amoy ones seem to be the most common and you just open the pack and chuck them in the wok.

True Chris, True.... but I just posted the recipe as I have it (traditional Noodles)...

although I must say, I've used Amoy Straight To Wok noodles most times anyway! LOL

Tastes Damn Fine, :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
and another!

Since you're so interested, the :up: thing has a story behind it. If I tell you on here the post'll be deleted, I'll get banned for life from every forum in the entire English-speaking world, pistol-whipped by the moderators to within an inch of my life and barred from ever playing a gig anywhere ever again so you'll just have to "ask" in person.

Anyway, it's served it's purpose but may still be used sparingly in the future.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Am I allowed to ask in person then!? I'm scared you'll punch me. I'm not tough.

Sure, you can ask in person. No idea who you are, though. Don't worry, I won't punch you.

A topical :up: