aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

New pet hate. Parking beside fish producers in Torry and the seagulls that are constantly around them. Yesterday I went back to my car to find a fish fillet frozen to my drivers side window after it had been dropped by a gull. Lovely.

The packers musn't have had good quality control letting a fillet slip through.

Normaly its just the scabby carcasses that the gulls go over.

My current desk overlooks the one by Jewsons, and its endless entertainment.

Here's one of mine - the energy supplier we use for our flat bills us separately for gas and electricity (most that we've used tend to) and we pay £40 a month for gas and £30 a month for electricity by Direct Debit. I do it that way because it's easier to budget and evern month, on the first, I submit both meter readings online to ensure that the company know where we are versus what we've paid.

Typically, we're overpaying for gas (we hardly ever have the heating on) and slightly underpaying for electricity so at the last check we were £9 under for elec and £115 over for gas. So what did they do? They took £39 for electricity last month. They didn't deduct the difference from the overpayment on gas and they certainly didn't send us some money back, they just took more.

A colossal shower of pricks. As if it's not enough that energy prices are constantly on the rise, they do stuff like this on top.

The packers musn't have had good quality control letting a fillet slip through.

Normaly its just the scabby carcasses that the gulls go over.

My current desk overlooks the one by Jewsons, and its endless entertainment.

Could have been more like the carcass I guess, seemed like there was still a lot of flesh on it though. I just assumed the gulls had nipped in quick to nick it or it was one of the pieces that go in the "not for human consumption" boxes they leave outside. There's still bits of it stuck to my car door :(

Could have been more like the carcass I guess, seemed like there was still a lot of flesh on it though. I just assumed the gulls had nipped in quick to nick it or it was one of the pieces that go in the "not for human consumption" boxes they leave outside. There's still bits of it stuck to my car door :(

I know that must suck, but it's so, so funny.

xx

General Discussion currently being the home of woeful badinage*. That's right, badinage.

*FACT: 'the home of woeful badinage' was actually the initial slogan that television channel Dave were going to use.

[Related ace-ic: passive-aggressively moaning about a forum on that same forum.]

• Upvote 2

Supermarket fruit.

It's all fucking crap, always. Mostly prunus fruits. Peaches, apricots, plums etc. Dry. Tasteless. Garbage. It's not cheap either. I love peaches too, but they are always rubbish. Even Sainsbury's and M&S peaches are rubbish. Where's all the good fruit at?

The stuff in supermarkets has all been away frozen in storage for ages so it's poo.

You need to go to somewhere like this:

http://www.bridgefootorganics.co.uk/index.html

Loads of places do these home delivery boxes these days. Or the market down on the green on Fridays.

Easily said, I can never be arsed to go get the good stuff myself... the shame.