aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Unlimited free texts not actually being free.

When my iPhone went tits up, i sent a few texts here and there from my work phone. When I was told my work contract has unlimited texts I was like cool, I'll just use this full time then.

Bill comes through, about £364 worth of texts...

I think the Granny hotline texts cost more than normal texts, hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

This is very possible. I've opened the door as a red slip was being posted, and I was just told "Sorry, I don't have it" which is pretty shoddy if the sender is paying to send it first class.

Also, I'd save your breath if you intend to complain your head off at the sorting office. They won't listen, and will just give you a number/address to contact. I've tried before, as I fucking love shouting at people, but they just have none of it. To be fair, the people who serve you there don't really have anything to do with why posties aren't taking your parcel on their trips, and if you ask to speak to a manager, he's never there, apparently. Think all the big cheeses are based up in Dyce.

I work in a call centre, the managers are always there but it's policy to say they aren't if anyone asks to speak to a supervisor or manager. What we have to do is write out an escalation form with all the details of the case and hand it to the manager, and then he reads it and decides whether it's worth his time to call you back or not. True story.

Also, as therapeutic as it is to shout at people, speaking from the other side of the phone if someone calls me who's having a problem and they are polite and reasonable I'll do everything in my power to help them. I may even give them compensation or some free stuff. If someone calls me and shouts and acts like a dick I actually go as far out of my way as humanly possible to be unhelpful. I'll do the bare minimum to fix your problem, but only after I've wasted more of your time by continually putting you on hold and keeping you on the phone for 45 minutes. I may even promise I've fixed the problem when actually I haven't, knowing fine well that it means you have to phone back in and go into the call queue for 20 minutes. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

I work in a call centre, the managers are always there but it's policy to say they aren't if anyone asks to speak to a supervisor or manager. What we have to do is write out an escalation form with all the details of the case and hand it to the manager, and then he reads it and decides whether it's worth his time to call you back or not. True story.

Also, as therapeutic as it is to shout at people, speaking from the other side of the phone if someone calls me who's having a problem and they are polite and reasonable I'll do everything in my power to help them. I may even give them compensation or some free stuff. If someone calls me and shouts and acts like a dick I actually go as far out of my way as humanly possible to be unhelpful. I'll do the bare minimum to fix your problem, but only after I've wasted more of your time by continually putting you on hold and keeping you on the phone for 45 minutes. I may even promise I've fixed the problem when actually I haven't, knowing fine well that it means you have to phone back in and go into the call queue for 20 minutes. Just sayin'.

Being in a job where I'm on the other end of the phone to angry people, I'm the same. However, sometimes stuff gets so bad that it's quite difficult to stay composed, and you just gotta yell, because some shithawk company has dropped the ball big-time, and they need to feel my onion breath and spit on their face as I complain about how rubbish they are doing what they are supposed to do. It makes me feel well hard infront of fellow customers too.

So? If I ever have a grievance about a company's behaviour, as long as the person I phone up is trying to be helpful, I'm capable of being totally polite and calm to them because as a rational human being, I realise it probably isn't the person answering the phones fault...

But maybe the companies shouldn't be so incompetent in the first place to warrant a phone call...

True, but 99% of the time the person you get through to isn't the person who caused the problem in the first place, and yelling at them is counter productive as they're more than likely on minimum wage, get treated like absolute shit and therefore couldn't give a fuck about the job, the company, and least of all the customers. You're much more likely to get somewhere if you're not a knob about it.

• Upvote 1

It worked out at nearly 4000 or something.

Pet Hate: Orange shop shutting at 17.30, when i get to town for about 17.35. I need to transfer my iphone 4 sim to a normal sim and get a cheap phone.

4000 in a month (assuming you sleep 8hrs a night) works out at an average of a text every 7 mins.

If you did 1000 in 2 days that's about one every 2 mins...

Yeah, I phoned up to contest a parking fine I had got the other week, and just by being polite the girl gave me her personal work address which meant it got overturned within about 2 hours. Things went a bit pear- shaped after I tried it on but nonetheless £40 saved.

I think most people are reasonable enough human beings, whether they're policemen, call centre operators, work behind a till etc, and if you just aren't a dick about things it helps you out a lot more.

True, but 99% of the time the person you get through to isn't the person who caused the problem in the first place, and yelling at them is counter productive as they're more than likely on minimum wage, get treated like absolute shit and therefore couldn't give a fuck about the job, the company, and least of all the customers. You're much more likely to get somewhere if you're not a knob about it.

I know, I know, I was just stirring. I know fine well customers can be cunts and can't stand having to be nice to them (the cunty ones).