aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Because she was one of if not the most significant british prime ministers and left behind a large legacy in the british government, not to be mention the simple achievement of being the longest serving prime minister. Like her or not, she's somewhat of a bigshot when it comes to politics. Maybe.

Dave, you may be a mod but you shouldn't be hijacking accounts.

Because she was one of if not the most significant british prime ministers and left behind a large legacy in the british government, not to be mention the simple achievement of being the longest serving prime minister. Like her or not, she's somewhat of a bigshot when it comes to politics. Maybe.

I believe that most criticism towards the film stems from the fact that it isn't an even handed portrayal of Thatcher's reign as Prime Minister. Instead it is a rose tinted view of an "Iron Lady" who stood up to the baddie striking minors. Or something. Really, I shouldn't comment as I haven't seen the film. It's not meant for me though, it's more a 2 hour toss fest for Tories.

• Upvote 1

I believe that most criticism towards the film stems from the fact that it isn't an even handed portrayal of Thatcher's reign as Prime Minister. Instead it is a rose tinted view of an "Iron Lady" who stood up to the baddie striking minors. Or something. Really, I shouldn't comment as I haven't seen the film. It's not meant for me though, it's more a 2 hour toss fest for Tories.

I don't think they focus much on the miners unsuprisingly, i think it is more her struggle as the daughter of a shopkeeper done good in a job dominated by men, read a review on the Guardian website saying it wasn't very political. Then again i haven't seen it either.

I didn't want any neutral or rational opinions. I wanted to complain that Thatcher is/was a megacunt and she's not worthy of a film to sympathise with how brave and marvelous she is/was. I haven't seen it, and have no intention to. The review I read of it was enough. It sounds properly horrid. What a bitch.

Then again, it appears that the Thatcher family are totally against the film so perhaps I should be in favour of it.

• Upvote 1

To expand the 'sinks in desks' tale, he then filled the sink with ice to use it as a beer cooler. He didn't put in a plug tho, so it all melted (I told him this when he did it but he never was big on listening) and soaked his shoes and floor. by that point tho, he was burst and didn't care.

I haven't looked into it at all, i thought it was just a dramatisation of a scary lady. The historian inside me though is beckoning me to go see it, i'm interested to see what light certain events are shown in, how they character her as a whole. i neither love nor hate the tories so it won't be a painful watch for me as it will for some people.

I thought it was a spin-off of Iron Man. Meryl Streep in a red metal suit shooting lasers out of her eyes.

• Upvote 1