aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Nahh. What happened last time is we moved in together and we spent every waking moment together. The spark fizzled out and it ended us. This time we were like "right, lets try not see each other all the time so it's more special when we do see each other". We've been back together about 2 weeks and have seen each other every day. Only spending maybe one night apart. That line was definitely the point where we realised we're heading down the same road. It's not a pet hate that we have to spend time apart. I just wanted my hole and couldn't get it.

There was that one time he got in a right huff with people not doing what he wanted, so he just stood out on the wing doing nothing and kept saying "I'm just doing what everyone else is doing". What a wet eyed little fanny.

And another when he had a go at me for parrying saves away instead of catching them, even though they were some pretty tough shots to stop, never mind make a clean catch.

I very rarely ever got put on a team against him, so I never got the chance to get him Van Bommeled. Shame.

I was on his team in ASV once and he bawled me out once for passing the ball to him without shouting first that I was about to pass it to him (although he was looking right at the action). I don't think that's how professionals do it. "Hey! Guy! Heads up! I'm about to pass it to you!" He got shitty with me later on when I was in goals as my goal kick "lump up the park" apparently wasn't up to his Serie A footballing standards. He wanted it passed to his feet every time, so the next time I had a goal kick I did just that, passed it straight to him and he fucked it up and lost the ball then yelled at me again because the pass was too short or some shit. Then at the end he refused to shake hands with me. Utter bell-end. Me and him are done professionally.

Remember when I brought my mate Gary along and he kicked lumps out of everybody, almost chopped Woods in half then did donuts in his car in the car park? He asked me loads of times why he was never invited back.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that can make Woods as furious as Lucky Rathen's friend managed to is a knobber on a colossal scale.

I remember he left first and we all stood around discussing our various levels of hatred for this guy and being stunned into silence after he did donuts in the car park. What a chap.

Pet Hate: The addition of the letter 'R' to Novak Djokovic's name. Now, I don't know if it's simply a when-they-say-it problem, or whether they would write it too; but it's fucking annoying.

It's not Djorkovic. Learn it.

The other one, is calling Jim BeaM whiskey Jim BeaN (and this is not just a dig at you from the BoD thread, Milner, I promise!). So many people do it, it's unreal. UNREAL!

UNREAL TOURNAMENT XI - Djorkovic and Jim Bean go together head-to-head in a straight battle to the death. Winner still gets the trophy engraved with the wrong fucking name.

• Upvote 1

Was that at New Year or was it the infamous MMW CD launch gig, because those seem to be the two times I've met the largest number of Aberdeen Music type people and they always remember a lot more of it than I do (largely because I was swigging from a Jim Beam bottle!) I love the stuff. Don't drink it so much these days but back in about '02-'05 I was right in aboot it - particularly a pretty dark 6 month spell from Autumn '03-Spring'04!

I still enjoy! Probably ben's flat on New Year 03/04 then! I went party to party with a bottle in my back pocket and blasted the lot. Was a messy night! I've met the TEW boys separately but I don't think together and I can never remember which one is which! Yep, Milner - that was after one of our gigs there I think. Spicy times!

I met one of you when I was walking back after a night out with Mel one time and you'd cut yourself and there was blood all over your hand and you were kind of rubbing yourself against your parked car! I remember a lot of laughter and hilarity and not a lot else! I think I have a photo of that somewhere!