aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Not being able to go into a coffeehouse and get a coffee. I mean just straight up coffee with a wee bitty of milk. I don't want a triple frappacappacino with a flake, I want a cup of hot, dark caffeinated liquid into which i can stir some milk. It pisses me off no end, but no one seems to see where I'm coming from. "Lattes are sooo good dude!" Fuck off with your faux Italian crap-o-rama.

Not sure about filter coffee (we stopped doing that a good while back cos apparently the 'machines were too fiddly or some bs, even though they were easy, just a pain in the arse when they were leaking all the time,... although if it's working properly it shouldn't) but I'm pretty sure americano's are almost everywhere. All the major chains sell it as far as I'm aware.

Oooh I have a pet hate related to this also. Coffees that have stupid names. Someone came in a few days ago and asked for a 'dry' cappuccino. I've worked for a coffee shop for over 2 years and never heard anyone ask for that. As his snobby self told me 'if you didn't know it's a cappuccino with only a little bit of foam'.... well why not just order a fucking latte then if you don't want any foam??? It's not actually like it adds much to the experience unless you are one of the people who spoons the foam off! Besides..... it's not actually DRY, it has liquid in it. Unless i'm missing something here. Should just give them ground coffee beans and some milk powder and be like that dry enough for you?

Oooh I have a pet hate related to this also. Coffees that have stupid names. Someone came in a few days ago and asked for a 'dry' cappuccino. I've worked for a coffee shop for over 2 years and never heard anyone ask for that. As his snobby self told me 'if you didn't know it's a cappuccino with only a little bit of foam'.... well why not just order a fucking latte then if you don't want any foam??? It's not actually like it adds much to the experience unless you are one of the people who spoons the foam off! Besides..... it's not actually DRY, it has liquid in it. Unless i'm missing something here. Should just give them ground coffee beans and some milk powder and be like that dry enough for you?

Not wishing to defend his dumb-ass drink order, which is like ordering a steak with less meat, a latte is shit lots of milk with a wee bit of foam as opposed to a wee bit less foam for a 'dry' cappucino so not really getting anywhere.

I would just twang a metal milk jug off his head.

Not wishing to defend his dumb-ass drink order, which is like ordering a steak with less meat, a latte is shit lots of milk with a wee bit of foam as opposed to a wee bit less foam for a 'dry' cappucino so not really getting anywhere.

I would just twang a metal milk jug off his head.

We never put that much foam on anyway, or people just bitch 'where's my coffee? it's all foam!'. In a small cup maybe 1cm at most?

Not sure about filter coffee (we stopped doing that a good while back cos apparently the 'machines were too fiddly or some bs, even though they were easy, just a pain in the arse when they were leaking all the time,... although if it's working properly it shouldn't) but I'm pretty sure americano's are almost everywhere. All the major chains sell it as far as I'm aware.

I don't want a fucking Americano. I want coffee. Not Espresso with extra hot water.

Companies that don't bother checking their emails when you write ask them about services / prices / availability etc. It's the 21st century, fuckwad, embrace the fact that people sometimes prefer to write an email instead of phoning.

Wish people would get online and check things more often. Tired of the constant phonecalls of:

Them - "what time are you open?"

Me - "we've got a session on now until half three"

Them - "okay... and what after that?"

Me - "the next session is from half six until eight"

Them - "and what about the rest of the week? I might come in the morning too"

Me - "you can check online and you'll get the entire timetable there or you can just pick up a timetable from us when you come in"

Them - "oh no - I don't like using that. Just tell me when you're open please"

FUCK OFF and stop being so frightened of technology!

Wish people would get online and check things more often. Tired of the constant phonecalls of:

Them - "what time are you open?"

Me - "we've got a session on now until half three"

Them - "okay... and what after that?"

Me - "the next session is from half six until eight"

Them - "and what about the rest of the week? I might come in the morning too"

Me - "you can check online and you'll get the entire timetable there or you can just pick up a timetable from us when you come in"

Them - "oh no - I don't like using that. Just tell me when you're open please"

FUCK OFF and stop being so frightened of technology!

Perhaps they don't have the internet. Not everyone does.

I'm no fan of fancy coffee shops with silly coffees with silly long names but I have to laugh at people suggesting instant or filter coffee is "Real Coffee" in comparison. Real coffee comes from an Espresso machine!

I reckon that if you're going to pay anyone to make you coffee, it might as well be a style of coffee you can't very easily make in your own kitchen/office cubicle.