aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Atheists. Fuckin hell, they're more infuriating than the overtly religious! Smug, dismissive creatures who , unprompted, have taken to ramming their lack of Faith down my throat (so to speak). I never asked!

I'm not religious, but nor am I arrogant enough to believe that all these faiths that have existed for mind-boggling amounts of years, providing some people with comfort and strength, can be entirely without merit.

It seems like every time I make that point it's met with exasperation and taken like a personal sleight on the Atheist. Believe what you want. I don't care. But just let people have their Faith if they want to, and don't forget that religion has done some good over the years too. Militant Atheists and their arrogance infuriates me more than the devout. Bottom line is that nobody knows for sure, so relax and let people do their thing WITHOUT feeling the need to proselethyse to everyone.

I'm sure I've moaned about this before but it happened again on Wednesday and makes me mad. Old duffers with a hundred lottery tickets at the tobacco counter doddering about when I am queueing for tobacco!

I got treated to this yesterday, except it was ten people queuing at the kiosk with baskets of shopping while the self service checkouts were being neglected. Bastard!

Atheists. Fuckin hell, they're more infuriating than the overtly religious! Smug, dismissive creatures who , unprompted, have taken to ramming their lack of Faith down my throat (so to speak). I never asked!

Yeah. I have a friend in the states who comes from a born-again family so, obviously, she's a militant atheist. Christian upbringing is probably the leading cause of it. The trick I find is to challenge them to start reciting the Lord's Prayer along with you and see who gets furthest. Most of the time it's them and I get to be a smug little agnostic lol.

I'm not religious, but nor am I arrogant enough to believe that all these faiths that have existed for mind-boggling amounts of years, providing some people with comfort and strength, can be entirely without merit.

It seems like every time I make that point it's met with exasperation and taken like a personal sleight on the Atheist. Believe what you want. I don't care. But just let people have their Faith if they want to, and don't forget that religion has done some good over the years too. Militant Atheists and their arrogance infuriates me more than the devout. Bottom line is that nobody knows for sure, so relax and let people do their thing WITHOUT feeling the need to proselethyse to everyone.

Wanted to rep you for this but couldn't.

I've come across way way more pushy Pressurising, guilt tripping religious people than athiests in my life. I don't think i've ever come across anyone who has pushed their non-beliefs on me or anyone i know. You don't exactly get then knocking at your door, or stopping you in the street. I'm not for forcing beliefs, or lack of, on anyone. But one side are clearly more vocal on that front than the other.

I've come across way way more pushy Pressurising, guilt tripping religious people than athiests in my life. I don't think i've ever come across anyone who has pushed their non-beliefs on me or anyone i know. You don't exactly get then knocking at your door, or stopping you in the street. I'm not for forcing beliefs, or lack of, on anyone. But one side are clearly more vocal on that front than the other.

That's true though I have had friends cajolling me to watch this Richard Dawkins video even though I assure them that his critique of faith is purile. That's when they usually get upset and start going on at me about evolution, whereby I proceed to wind them up by feigning a display of ignorance on the subject. It's more like that. Christians I just hiss at when they bother me. I grew bored of trolling them a long time ago.

I am an atheist, but there's definitely plenty of atheists who are pushy smug wankers who look down on anyone else. They're just as bad as religious fanatics.

Hardcore atheists are not nearly as annoying as proper hardcore god botherers. I was enjoying a stroll round Swaffham market on Saturday and a bunch of them were playing religious songs and giving 'praise the lord' speeches inbetween the tunes. I certainly wasnt enjoying my stroll after being subjected to this nonsense for half an hour.

That's true though I have had friends cajolling me to watch this Richard Dawkins video even though I assure them that his critique of faith is purile. That's when they usually get upset and start going on at me about evolution, whereby I proceed to wind them up by feigning a display of ignorance on the subject. It's more like that. Christians I just hiss at when they bother me. I grew bored of trolling them a long time ago.

Richard Dawkins is just a smary, know it all cunt. He's a total Pet Hate of mine. My better half is almost always in agony with laughter when i launch into a tirade of abuse at the television whenever his bespectacled cuntface besmirches my beautiful TV screen. Evolution would not save him from me ripping his head off and forcefeeding it to his puckered arsehole.

Hardcore atheists are not nearly as annoying as proper hardcore god botherers.

Is this not only true because a hardcore atheist sits closer to your view on religion than a hardcore religious? (This is a massive assumption, if I'm wrong I apologise)

It's all relative really. I don't particularly like anything to be rammed down my throat, whether I agree with the sentiment or not (religion/atheism, Rangers fanaticism, stop-and-chat charity volunteers, cocks lol).

There are extremely religious people who don't stand on Union Street and try and get you to praise the Lord (or whatever), and that's fine with me because they keep themselves to themselves and don't try and impose their views on me.

Agreed on Richard Dawkins, too.

Religious debate is brilliant.

As I truly dislike flying, but have to for work reasons, I have to say that during my last flight the sight of a fellow passenger standing in the aisle and doing a prayer was a bit off putting. It brings the last couple of topics together I would prefer not to see people openly praying on a plane, the same way as they would not like to see me sparking up a big cigar.

As I truly dislike flying, but have to for work reasons, I have to say that during my last flight the sight of a fellow passenger standing in the aisle and doing a prayer was a bit off putting. It brings the last couple of topics together I would prefer not to see people openly praying on a plane, the same way as they would not like to see me sparking up a big cigar.

Would you have a problem with a woman breastfeeding?