aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That Santander advert with the overly-zealous sportsmen using trespassing and harassment as bullyboy marketing. There's something really eerie about Rory Mcilroy, don't you think? He just stares at them with completely dead eyes, waffles some line about savings accounts, then nonchalantly steals their food, all whilst looking he is under the command of a spell or a remote control. It's weirdly hypnotic, but also really shit too.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 4

The T Junction at the top of Market Street has them.

I saw a programme about germs recently, and pedestrian crossing buttons have more germs on them than toilets apparently, so there's no way I'm touching one of those spinning buttons of death again.

I saw that as well, it pretty much put me off ever touching anything ever again.

That Santander advert with the overly-zealous sportsmen using trespassing and harassment as bullyboy marketing. There's something really eerie about Rory Mcilroy, don't you think? He just stares at them with completely dead eyes, waffles some line about savings accounts, then nonchalantly steals their food, all whilst looking he is under the command of a spell or a remote control. It's weirdly hypnotic, but also really shit too.

There is something wrong about that advert.

Sports stars that earn millions telling normal people they can save a few % with different cards / savings accounts just doesn't seem right.

• Upvote 1

Without fail, the last few days spent before going on holiday are fucking mental. Too much stress trying to get things finished off at work so it doesn't get handed to someone else who'll just ignore it for two weeks then hand it back untouched to you on your return.  Plus there's all the last minute details for the holiday itself.  Argh!

My flatmate is supposed to be starting a job in a clothes shop tomorrow, they told her while she's at work she can only wear clothes from that shop, whole outfit, right down to the shoes, and it has to be the decent stuff, not the sale/cheap stuff. Kinda like advertising their clothes. Mad part is, she has to pay for it all herself. And it isnt a cheap shop. Does that seem off to anyone else? Is that normal in clothes shops?

I liked The Notebook, but I really don't think he was that great in it. Not a BAD performance by any means, but not exactly life-changing. I also think he was FUCKING TERRIBLE in Drive.

xx

I've only seen him in The Notebook, Crazy Stupid Love and Lars and The Real Girl and I thought he was pretty good in all three. Don't know why I haven't seen Drive yet.

He's no Ryan Reynolds though *swoon*.

My flatmate is supposed to be starting a job in a clothes shop tomorrow, they told her while she's at work she can only wear clothes from that shop, whole outfit, right down to the shoes, and it has to be the decent stuff, not the sale/cheap stuff. Kinda like advertising their clothes. Mad part is, she has to pay for it all herself. And it isnt a cheap shop. Does that seem off to anyone else? Is that normal in clothes shops?

Pretty normal in most clothes shops like Next etc from what I remember. They get a discount on it though usually, and usually a pretty hefty discount at that.

It's also really good business sense as people get to see the clothes on actual humans and not mannequins.

Edited by Alkaline

Pretty normal in most clothes shops like Next etc from what I remember. They get a discount on it though usually, and usually a pretty hefty discount at that.

It's also really good business sense as people get to see the clothes on actual humans and not mannequins.

Oh ok. I've never heard of the practice before. Seems a bit crooked to me. She said she has to drop like 80 quid on an outfit before she's even earned any money off them.

Oh ok. I've never heard of the practice before. Seems a bit crooked to me. She said she has to drop like 80 quid on an outfit before she's even earned any money off them.

Friend of mine worked in Burtons and Topshop and had to wear clothes from there, but once every few months or so he got something ridiculous like a 75% discount for buying a "uniform". Seems like bullshit having to pay full price!

xx

Door to door charity beggars. They make you feel like an unrelenting mega bastard for saying no. Infact I had to say no 3 times. Now I feel like a cunt. I hate myself. Life is pain.

I just make up a story about how i sponsor a kid in africa (whatever is applicable) despite it meaning that I have little or no money left for myself. It's all lies though, I have all the cash.