aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate: Fire alarm tests.

The one in my work building goes on and on forever....seemingly needlessly; though I'm sure there needs to be a standard minimum time they test it for. But still, I don't believe thirty seconds is acceptable. Think about that...a harsh, visceral, yet somehow numb tone piercing your ears for thirty seconds straight.

And that's just my colleagues. You should hear the fire alarm.

When I was a younger lad (maybe 13/14) Shaki's very attractive girlfriend used to cut my hair. It was fucking great as she had massive milkers. Her wee bro was in my regi- class so I used to brag about it to him and it would upset him. Miss those haircuts. These days I tend to blade 0 my hair then let it grow back for about 5 months then repeat this cycle. I might go for a proper style soon as I am seriously going bald and want to utilise my hair and good looks while I still have them. What should I get?

The one in my work building goes on and on forever....seemingly needlessly; though I'm sure there needs to be a standard minimum time they test it for. But still, I don't believe thirty seconds is acceptable. Think about that...a harsh, visceral, yet somehow numb tone piercing your ears for thirty seconds straight.

We make sure it rings and turn it off as soon as we can. Horrible noise. It probably rings as long as it takes to read the word Ring.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

When I was a younger lad (maybe 13/14) Shaki's very attractive girlfriend used to cut my hair. It was fucking great as she had massive milkers. Her wee bro was in my regi- class so I used to brag about it to him and it would upset him. Miss those haircuts. These days I tend to blade 0 my hair then let it grow back for about 5 months then repeat this cycle. I might go for a proper style soon as I am seriously going bald and want to utilise my hair and good looks while I still have them. What should I get?

Aye but you are one of these blessed humans who look better with a shaved head. Ditch the jew-fro and keep it supershort imo

Guest idol_wild
Aye but you are one of these blessed humans who look better with a shaved head. Ditch the jew-fro and keep it supershort imo

This man types the truth. If I looked in any way human with a shaved bonce, I'd absolutely have it closely cut all the time.

Hair is fucking annoying. Fuck off, hair.

Are you drunk? I get why you can't do it yourself I asked how HE managed to fuck it up, it's all one length and HE can't have problems reaching all the parts of your head.

Fucking hell.

I think when he said:

fucker ended up shaving half way up my head and making it all squint.

He was referring to the other fella.

On Friday I had a teleconference with my replacements in India and managed to time it so that the fire alarm went off just as I got to the bit where the teleconference software asks you to say your name so it can play it to the other attendees - i.e. "Chris Officer has joined the meeting".

So when I entered the phone call what they actually heard was 2 minutes of a shrieking fire alarm followed by the sound of a grown man struggling to say his own name through a fit paralysing giggles.

Then of course they also got the same when I left the meeting.

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild
On Friday I had a teleconference with my replacements in India and managed to time it so that the fire alarm went off just as I got to the bit where the teleconference software asks you to say your name so it can play it to the other attendees - i.e. "Chris Officer has joined the meeting".

So when I entered the phone call what they actually heard was 2 minutes of a shrieking fire alarm followed by the sound of a grown man struggling to say his own name through a fit paralysing giggles.

Then of course they also got the same when I left the meeting.

This has me sitting in my open-plan office trying to resist an extreme bout of giggles.

Fuck.

Pet hate : Doing nothing at work. It's shit. If there's nothing to do you end up with the last post on every active thread in the General Discussion part of Aberdeen Music.

It makes you more tired, demotivated and stressed than doing a full days work. You end up wired through staring at a computer screen 90% of the day. It's mentally draining.

Then to top it off you get called all the lazy bastards under the sun for complaining about doing nothing.

I thought i was alone! I absolutely hate hair, i wish i could just be bald and not have to bother with the shite, but i look a right tit with any hair style including no hair, i just keep trying but never find one that just doesn't get in my fucking way. I don't suit hats either.

You could try a pillow case with an eyehole cut out? This would give you an air of mystery.

Pet hate : Doing nothing at work. It's shit. If there's nothing to do you end up with the last post on every active thread in the General Discussion part of Aberdeen Music.

It makes you more tired, demotivated and stressed than doing a full days work. You end up wired through staring at a computer screen 90% of the day. It's mentally draining.

Then to top it off you get called all the lazy bastards under the sun for complaining about doing nothing.

Doing nothing has resulted in my answering Social Interview questions...