aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

So, this morning I was getting ready to leave the house and I was a bit miffed. I'd ordered my tickets for the Dirty Hearts gig tonight last week and paid for the speedy delivery option only to have them not arrive.

Unless of course they arrived, were opened by my Mum and then shoved down the side of the breadbin with all the 'junk' mail where I'm lucky to have been looking for some scrap paper this morning. They probably came in last week. Fucksake. The hazards of living at home. :swearing:

It's like when I can't find my phone charger, ask if she's seen it only to be told no in an accusatory tone like I've accused her of stealing the damn thing. Only to find it stuffed in the drawer in the kitchen where she's clearly put it whilst 'tidying'.

Of course, this is very much a 'pet' hate as I live rent/bills free, so I'm just having a moan.

Unless of course they arrived, were opened by my Mum and then shoved down the side of the breadbin with all the 'junk' mail where I'm lucky to have been looking for some scrap paper this morning. They probably came in last week. Fucksake. The hazards of living at home. :swearing:

It's like when I can't find my phone charger, ask if she's seen it only to be told no in an accusatory tone like I've accused her of stealing the damn thing. Only to find it stuffed in the drawer in the kitchen where she's clearly put it whilst 'tidying'.

Of course, this is very much a 'pet' hate as I live rent/bills free, so I'm just having a moan.

This.

And also if I ask if there's anything quick to make that I can eat. I get a "I don't know".. How can you not know? You did the fucking shopping? There's no use me spending 5 minutes of eating time looking through cupboards if you can just tell me my options.

I pay board money. So stuff involving parents and households really gets on my tits.

Oh, while I'm having a moan...

I was in the USA for four months last year. While I was away I gave my university office key to a friend as I'd borrowed some books off her and she needed to get them back while I was away. In the interim, she lost the key as her parents cleared out her room and my key with it. No problem, I paid a deposit so I could get a new key if this happened. So I go to the office and ask about a new key. The girl I speak to says it'll be two weeks and she'll let the head office girl know. So two weeks later I go back only for head office girl to have no idea what I'm talking about. I facepalm. I ask again and she says it can be anything from two weeks to a month. Fine, I just want a key.

This was end of October/start of November. I still don't have a fucking office key. I can't phone security to get into my office because it's a really fucking impractical solution as I often pop in and out to the library/my supervisors office/to get lunch. It's just ridiculous, in what world does it take three sodding months to get a key cut??? I've managed to get into my office once or twice only to find my computer has been disconnected from the network so I've had to get the ball rolling on getting it reconnected.

Honest to christ, what am I paying over three grand a year for?

The fucking vending machine in my office.

It has every type of the awesome crisps from the ace-ic thread, as well as a lovely collection of sweeties and the fucker has been 'out of order' for nearly 2 months.

All that lovely snackage, sitting there.. mocking me.

Fuck you Norscott vending, fuck you right in the head!

xx

University of Aberdeen. I've finally managed to find an e-mail for Estates so I've contacted them about it as I'm sick of the "oh, Estates just take aaaages" excuse I get fobbed off with every fucking time. It's cold in Zeste.

Woe is me.

I work in Zeste. Come and see me and I'll hook you up with some free soup. I'm about 5'10" and everything about me is average. Can't miss me.

That 'what should I watch?' feeling. We're too spoiled for choice nowadays what with the internets and streaming and iplayers and I can never just pick something without thinking there's something better I could be watching. Bring back 4 TV channels and Bamboozle if there really was nothing decent on.

That 'what should I watch?' feeling. We're too spoiled for choice nowadays what with the internets and streaming and iplayers and I can never just pick something without thinking there's something better I could be watching. Bring back 4 TV channels and Bamboozle if there really was nothing decent on.

I find it's more a case of "there are 1000 more channels and an infinite selection of things to watch online and there's STILL nothing on".

Couldn't find the remote for my WDTV Live box last night and nothing on telly so had to settle for iPlayer. Started watching Point Break. Got 20 mins in, utter balls.

Started a documentary on Iron Maiden, OK but not brilliant.

Finally settled for a BBC4 doc on Thin Lizzy, now that was good telly. And they're doing Knopfler tonight. :up:

I wanted to give you rep for Bamboozle. Fucking Bamboozle man. Kids these days.

Bamboozle was excellent.

There was also this great letters page on Channel 4 teletext called Megazine where you could only get published on there by sending a letter to a PO Box in York. It'd crop up maybe a week or so later. My sister had a weird sort of relationship with a guy from Eastbourne on there... Ah, romance!