aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Seasickness...................I hate it. Iwould not wish it on Chris Moyles (maybe Phil Collins though)

Stuck on a wee boat yesterday when the engine goes wonky. Crew stops all engines and just sits there bobbing about in the wide open ocean drifting further from the beach....great. I managed to hold down my lunch though. However, spicy meat balls have a horrible aftertaste that I never noticed before.

Applying for promotion at work, getting told my application is being considered, filling the vacancy (perfectly) for the past 3 months for no extra money..and then being asked today to take a rival applicant (external) for the job out for lunch next week.

Unsurprisingly this sort of thing doesnt happen often so it is more of a gripe that a pet hate. Perhaps my pet hate is being too fucking agreeable and placid.

If the meeting Im calling this afternoon doesnt go well then you may well see getting the sack for violent conduct towards Operations Manager in here later on.

Applying for promotion at work, getting told my application is being considered, filling the vacancy (perfectly) for the past 3 months for no extra money..and then being asked today to take a rival applicant (external) for the job out for lunch next week.

Unsurprisingly this sort of thing doesnt happen often so it is more of a gripe that a pet hate. Perhaps my pet hate is being too fucking agreeable and placid.

If the meeting Im calling this afternoon doesnt go well then you may well see getting the sack for violent conduct towards Operations Manager in here later on.

Do you get to decide where you go for lunch and is the company paying? If so that may belong in the ace-ic thread

Is the most likely solution, but the quality isn't as good as watching it normally.

It's just bizarre that they've fucked up the broadcast of a series that they spent all week hyping up in the news.

Watch it at a worse quality or don't watch it at all. The High Quality setting on iPlayer is quite close to a SD broadcast if your TV has a decent scaler.

Freshers Week

Totally. I walk through Old Aberdeen on my way to work and the whole street is just a mess right now. Hoards of soggy flyers are every where and there's smashed glass and half eaten take away all over the road. Some twunts had also gone down the street and put up everyones window wipers on their car. Hideous.

Young ppl sux.

*warning...predictable auld Cynic response coming*

Aye....changed days...nowadays, with everyone being students the behaviour level is akin to that of the Belmont Bar, or the Pearl Lounge.

In the bad old days when you had to have at least a half-decent brain to get into a University (and don't get me started on RGU/RGIT!!!!!!!!!!!), there was a bit more of the 'scaling Marischal College Spire and painting a pithy quote in attractively-done calligraphy', or 'crossing the Rubislaw Quarry on the blondin wires to tie a University scarf in the middle' type of jape. Nowadays it's 'let's smear a kebab over this random's car', or 'why don't we urinate in this shop's letter-box, in the style of Russell Brand, before kicking to death the old man who pauses to complain'.

RGU is nothing to do with the subject, you're talking about universities.

RGU is not a university.

RGU does not exist.

What exactly is both of your respective problems with RGU?

I don't go there, I'm just wondering.

Is the most likely solution, but the quality isn't as good as watching it normally.

It's just bizarre that they've fucked up the broadcast of a series that they spent all week hyping up in the news.

that's odd, i just assumed it was weekly, so would be on again next thursday. so all three episodes were shown last week in england? buggers.

first one was very very good.

old people doing 40 mph on the north deeside road on a perfectly clear sunny day, in a 2litre audi a3. then slowing to 30 mph at drumoak, a 40mph zone. genuinely thought they were taking the piss.

if you're not confident enough to be driving at a reasonable pace in perfect driving conditions then you shouldn't fucking drive. 20 mph under the speed limit is just as dangerous as 20mph over it you tools.

old people doing 40 mph on the north deeside road on a perfectly clear sunny day, in a 2litre audi a3. then slowing to 30 mph at drumoak, a 40mph zone. genuinely thought they were taking the piss.

if you're not confident enough to be driving at a reasonable pace in perfect driving conditions then you shouldn't fucking drive. 20 mph under the speed limit is just as dangerous as 20mph over it you tools.

You haven't passed your test yet, you're not allowed these pet hates until then.