aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Fucking Myspace. Now you can't edit your band profile unless you sign up to their NEW TOTALLY COOL LAYOUT TM, which is, of course, shite.

Myspace is like that guy at your work who has bought a Motorhead tshirt from Next. No wonder Bandcamp is so popular.

Bandcamp is easily the best online music service now. Soundcloud's maybe second. MySpace is totally obsolete now: most new bands worth their salt have a Bandcamp and a blog, rather than a MySpace. It used to be good, but not so much any more.

This is the measure of what makes a good band; what site they host their music on.

Good in terms of distributing their music through newer, more accessible mediums. Being a smart-arse is helpful too, though.

This is the measure of what makes a good poster; the extent of their smart-arsery.

Bandcamp+blog is good, and is much more individual in terms of personal design. I know bands have their own Myspace designs these days, but they 99% shite and take ages to load. Despite how good a Myspace looks, the songs sound like arse through their lo-fi player anyway. Bandcamp has excellent quality, and you can import the player to your blog in a range of different sizes and styles to fit in. A definite winner.

I set up a blogspot + bandcamp for my band a while ago, but we don't have any recordings for it yet. Still, it looks a bit more personal, and I don't really care for adding "fans" and forcing spam on them, so social networking can do one.

Peoples misuse of their cars hazard lights. No longer do they mean "Car's fucked mate, drive around". It now appears to signal "It might be a pain in the arse if I temporarily park here whilst I run an errand, but I'm going to do it anyway. You? You can do fuck all about because I've got my hazards on". A set of blinking lights making it perfectly acceptable to be a complete nuisance to many, because some shitwig can't be fucked to find an actual parking space and, heaven forbid, walk to where they need to be. is it too much to ask for people not to be shitbags? Is it really?

Also, people crossing the road when cars are coming, and not getting their prissy act together as a car nears them. What gives? You've got a two ton batch of metal pummelling towards you, and that doesn't make you want to move out of the way? The fear has gone. When I was a kid, I wouldn't cross the road until I couldn't even hear a car coming, because I know I'd get messed up. Now, people think they are bigger and stronger than some poxy aluminium go kart, and waltz out onto the road without looking, as their head is buried into a shit text message from some cunt. There's no longer the fear of getting mowed down.

Passanger rage. Much more intense than road rage. The driver has to concentrate on driving the car. I get the chance to scope all of my petty gripes on every journey. Pedestrians are impatient, carefree scrubbers.

Always use the hazard warning lights. Yes, they are meant to indicate that one's car is experiencing a problem, but they make you feel better about yourself when your parked on double yellows or in the middle of the road while you quickly drop something off or pick something up. Convenienceftw

I just dont know how bands of the past actually got anywhere without a choice of internet sites to utilise.

My pet hate is the older guy who always stands chatting up the lasses in Starbucks. I realise the girls are probably grateful to have someone interested in talking than a sullen still half-asleep presence such as mine but its still not even 7:30 and the perky banter is distracting you from making my coffee at optimum speed so allowing me to get on my way.

MySpace is totally obsolete now: most new bands worth their salt have a Bandcamp and a blog, rather than a MySpace.

So if a band has really great music but still utilise My Space then they are no use?

It's statements like this that really make me wonder what planet you are on sometimes.

Bandcamp is a really shit name. It just makes me think of ginger birds doing inappropriate things with a flute.

Guest idol_wild
Bandcamp is a great name. It makes me think of ginger birds doing inappropriate things with a flute.

She's already ginger...I don't think any of her actions with a flute could be labelled as inappropriate.

Guest idol_wild

Pooping in a public cubicle and hearing some of the accompanying noises people make. They reverberate down the pot and it's just a shade more epic than it need be.

That isn't actually my pet hate; my pet hate is my own inability to avoid sniggering during such moments.

I just went for a poop at work. Only one cubicle. Was sitting pooping, heard someone walk in, stop when they obviously saw the cubicle door was locked and went "tsk".

Fuck, sorry mate. Sorry I need to poop. Sorry I needed to poop a bit before you. Nae need to be a tsk'unt though.