aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm a hipster for stating an opinion?! Pure LOL

I think he (Teabags) was calling you a hipster for your attempted use of "irony" as an excuse to cover up a comment that some people disagreed with.

I of course, do this all the time, but I'm not hip, I don't like cool music, and I don't dress as well as you do, so I'm not called that. Double-edged sword, innit.

A bit of overheating going on, over an opinion about bands flocking to bandcamp. I took the 'worth their salt' part to mostly mean 'bands that care about the quality of their output available for streaming', since Myspace sounds mince, and Bandcamp has unparallelled playback quality for a streaming website. Maybe that's not how it was intended, but I saw it that way. Now that can't be unseen.

Yeah, that's how it was intended. But you got it all wrong, you were meant to call someone a dick, have massive capital letters somewhere and then allow me to have a little hissy fit. Stop being rational, eh? It's ill-befitting.

And it's not possible that I was joking about the 'worth their salt' thing?

OH WELL

Yes it is possible, we all know that a post in a music forum cannot convey subtle humour very effectively. I don't really believe that this was the problem in this instance but I don't really care in the scheme of things, it just seemed a bit of a bold and somewhat foolish statement. Soda Jerk obviously has keener forum post deciphering powers than me.

I can't put it in the context of what Soda Jerk said because I haven't ever heard anything on Bandcamp to compare to My Space and I can't say that I really listen to much via these avenues anyway as I still go and buy CD's. This is why I am less well informed about new music than many but I think I shall cope OK.

You'd probably like that though Mr Bags. Weirdo. :p

New pet hate for the day.... the fact this office is now 35 degrees.... melting. Roll on hometime.

Nae half. I feel like I've been slumped over my desk half asleep since 9 this morning. Come on 5 o'clock.... I've got a night of XBox 360 and TNA Hardcore Justice planned! Plus my flatmate is cooking. Yus.

Football Manager. I had big plans today, BIG plans. Now i've been playing football manager since 8 in the morning instead. I've not even acheived anything. I keep reloading the same fucking game and not winning, no matter what I do. gah!

Brilliant. I bet you've done the old tactic of switching off the monitor.... just incase you win.

Only to turn it back on and you've STILL lost 3-0 and had 2 players sent off.

Glad I managed to wean myself off that game.

Football Manager. I had big plans today, BIG plans. Now i've been playing football manager since 8 in the morning instead. I've not even acheived anything. I keep reloading the same fucking game and not winning, no matter what I do. gah!

2010? I can't get into that game at all. I bought it, played it twice and went back to FM2007....

Brilliant. I bet you've done the old tactic of switching off the monitor.... just incase you win.

Only to turn it back on and you've STILL lost 3-0 and had 2 players sent off.

Glad I managed to wean myself off that game.

i thought i'd cracked there but in true aberdeen style let in a goal in the 92nd minute. it's only the first leg too! grr.