aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Gary: Tank Commander.

I've had knobrot funnier than this utter pish, and it means I've got to wait an extra half hour to lech over Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes. Boo.

It is indeed utter tosh.

But unfortunately i'm having to drag myself through watching each episode as there's an Elginite in it (Robert Jack, who plays 'the hard guy' soldier). He's an ace guy in real life, who's just in a really crap show. But if I bump into him in Elgin over xmas, I want to be able to say something positive about the show, other than 'you've got a convincing Glaswegian accent'.

Stagecoach buses.

Missed a christmas party in town after freezing my arse off waiting for a bus that never arrived. Stood there for almost an hour before the lack of feeling in my hands, toes and face forced me to give up and go home.

On the plus side I'm not hungover today when I was fully expecting to be destroyed.

That's why i left Banchory. I think there are several rants through out this thread about similar things.

Yeah, I forgot how frustrating it can be having to rely on buses in bad weather to get into Aberdeen.

Oh well, I'm not as annoyed about it now as I was on Saturday night. Knew it was going to happen at some point when we moved.

Yeah, I forgot how frustrating it can be having to rely on buses in bad weather to get into Aberdeen.

Oh well, I'm not as annoyed about it now as I was on Saturday night. Knew it was going to happen at some point when we moved.

You should have just gone to Parkers instead, that would have been just as good.

I've yet to work up the courage to go into Parkers. I'm saving that as a special treat sometime.

If you can't trace your family tree back through 6 generations of Banchory folk it'll be a "pool-ball-hanging-over-the-pocket-everyone-turning-round-and-staring-at-you" scenario. Same thing happened to me in 1993 when I walked into the Gordon Arms in Culter with an Indian friend.

Lodge a complaint, I'll probably be the one that files it.

Lodge a complaint, I'll probably be the one that files it.

It's not really worth complaining about. There was snow for most of the day and the buses are coming from Braemar. It's pretty obvious the weather held it up. It probably arrived eventually but as I couldn't feel my feet and attempts to phone Stagecoach and travelline just resulted in an automated message that said "some services are subject to severe delay" I decided I'd had enough of standing in the snow.

At least if you miss a train or it's running late you know you've about it due to the information boards or you can phone national rail enquiries and they'll tell you where it is. With a bus you've got nothing.

I've yet to work up the courage to go into Parkers. I'm saving that as a special treat sometime.

FYI, if any locals refer to "The Pit" they will be talking about the nightclub "DJs"

DJ's > Flea-jays > Flea Pit > The Pit

I'd recommend avoiding it - heard it's even rougher now than it used to be.

The Stag is my favourite Banchory boozer :up:

You don't catch trains too often, eh?

Not regularly since moving out of Stoney in 2003. Still, in theory you should be able to find out where the train is. There is a system in place for that purpose, unlike the bus.

The Stag is my favourite Banchory boozer

The other week we did a little tour of the 3 hotels just to see what they were like on a Saturday night. Perhaps there is some hidden lounge bar within that we didn't find, but the 3 bar's were all pretty grim looking but we ranked them as the Douglas Arms being the best for it's vastly superiour booze selection, the Stag Hotel 2nd because it was decent enough without excelling at any point. We might even have had more than one drink there but it looked like a band was setting up so we returned to the Douglas. Burnett Arms we ranked 3rd, but to be honest there could be 20 pubs in Banchory and it would still be last. Haven't tried the Scott Skinner yet.

Not regularly since moving out of Stoney in 2003. Still, in theory you should be able to find out where the train is. There is a system in place for that purpose, unlike the bus.

I think you are making very large assumptions about the basic service that you would expect would be provided by our rail network...I take the train every day, believe me at times it makes you wonder why you continue to pay for their 'service'.

Then you realise that driving into work every day is a soul destroying experience unless you get up at half 5 and you are forced to accept whatever they provide....