aberdeen-music

I'm not a homophobe....

Guest allsystemsfail
The point Dan was making was about people who flaunt about being gay - like that marco guy. He speaks with a high pitched voice' date=' says things like 'OH MY GOD!!!!' and is generally a stereotypical overly gay person, determined to let everyone know that he's gay. Do you really think he was brought up to put on a faux voice and raise peoples awareness of his unconforming sexuality? I don't. To me it's just as simple as attention grabbing.....

And no-one has given examples of straight people flaunting their sexuality.....

[b']

Onion Terror

I guess you never caught Club Reps.

For the record' date=' I too find this personality type irritating, but I think calling it "gay" was the wrong choice of word when "camp" may have been more suitable, and probably stopped some people from getting sucked into the mighty "arguhole". From experience, I've only ever seen one gay person behave like that in real life (plenty on TV). Would you believe that the "deviants" have adapted so they can blend in with us upright Christians! :moody: ;p

I haven't been watching big brother. I know who Kitten and Marco are but if I wanted to watch retards compete for attention, I'd go to Ministry, but remember big brother is cast through auditions. That big brother dude was probably chosen because he's so over the top.[/quote']

Very true, it's just the majority of very, very camp people are in fact gay... However that's not to say all gay people are camp:

Two of the guys I work with are gay. One of them seems as straight as your average straight person, whereas the other is clearly as bent as a five bob note. gay1.gif

However, the "gayer" one, although camp, is naturally like that - and doesn't do all this faux OTT campness a la Marco from Big Brother.

And therefore it doesn't bother me in the slightest, as he is just being himself rather than the fucking clown shoes that you see on TV.

i think that to a degree, the gay lifestyle has got v fashionable, but for many individuals its hellish. i know a gay guy who has never had a relationship as he doesn't like girls and its against his religion (catholicism) to go with men. the thought of not being able to hold hands with someone you love in public sounds really painful, so i would ask anyone who thinks children shouldn't be exposed to gay affection to reconsider. i feel awkward seeing any couple getting touchy feely. etc in public but anything acceptable for straight is acceptible for gay to me. i think it would promote open minds for children, rather than for them to see it as a new phenomenon when they do see gay people together.

i think homosexuality is natural in that it is acceptable and not against the grain, but unnatural in a darwinian aspect, but in which case choosing to be a nun or have no children would be unnatural. although homosexuality is fashionable in an out and proud way, for a lot of people it is painful and alienating, whilst for others it can mean an instant community.

having said all this i do still take the piss out of manbeasts etc, but i feel having a gay best friend and lesbo sister i'm a concession. but my sister takes the piss out of manbeasts and she is a lesbian (have warned her i'll disown her if she turns into a manbeast). also take the piss out of essential lesbo names.

incidentally, you should listen to maz (my sister) and zaz in the morning on me fm.

Guest SweetLittleWitches
...but i am starting to think that homosexuality has been turned into a fad.

In times where millions of impressionable' date=' young people can see marco and kitty from BB5 24/7 - can anyone else see an influx of young people turning gay in the not-too-distant future. Of course Big Brother isn't the only cause but it's probably the biggest just now.

Again - i am not homophobic, and have nothing against gay people. I'm also not saying if it'll be a good or bad thing - as i dont know - i'm just trying to see what other peoples opinions are....

No slurs or homophobic language please.[/quote']

What are you, my grandmother? She feels the same way...but she's rotted and old fashion/ a loon. I think people do what they want...and if they're doing it because it's the "in-thing"...well then... they're idiots. Ah well...a fad is called a fad because it's soon to become obsolete. It will pass over

Yea - but i couldn't pick one out walking down the street' date=' or tell by their voice....

[b']

Onion Terror

how bout men on building sites whistling at girls? men who leer at girls openly? comment loudly? brag about conquests? generally men who are openly sexual? openly aggressive/macho? anyone who acts overly sexually confident? (i mean people acting openly heterosexual rather than club reps btw)

maybe some heterosexuals individuals could happily get it on with someone the same sex, but i personally couldn't go down on a girl which is why i think that its gotta be more than a fad that makes people gay. (but then i aint a big fan of jizz either)

• 10 months later...

It is actually the case that homosexuality being more fashiobale can encourage people to "try" it. The same thing happened in the 1970s when glitter and camp were fashionable - interestingly the gay community reacted against this and started dressing as clones, acting up their masculinity or parodying it. I think back then that 1/3 people said they had had a homosexual experience. It wouldn't surprise me if it something like 1/4 today - I don't mean an explicitly sexual experience but maybe something in the gray area. E.g. myself and my 2 best mates were all hit on by an older lad (in seperate incidents!) whilst still at school. But maybe we were just hot...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

Wow, what a difference nine years makes! I first read this thread at 19 and I remember being dismayed at the bigotry and ignorance from the majority of posters

I try and reread this thread every once and a while to remind myself how far we have to go to change attitudes and become a more equal society (but hopefully we're getting there!)

Wow, what a difference nine years makes! I first read this thread at 19 and I remember being dismayed at the bigotry and ignorance from the majority of posters

I try and reread this thread every once and a while to remind myself how far we have to go to change attitudes and become a more equal society (but hopefully we're getting there!)

I've understood what most of this thread is about. Mostly teens saying their bi sexual and that as more of say a Fashion statement, well it's impossible for me to be a homophobe but I do also see it. In the year below me at school there's about id say 15 to 20 people who say they are bi sexual and that's no coincidence in my mind. There's a few in my year also. It's abundantly clear most them wouldn't go near the same sex in a sexual mannor. Therefore I see no point in saying it at all.

I don't even know how this started, it's weird to think people are saying this as they think it's cool or trendy. It's something that happens naturally. You can't be forced into being gay or bi sexual.

I read through the first few pages and skimmed the rest, don't think I noticed any posts by you at all.

Yeah, pretty much. It did remind me of some more reasonable posters who are no longer with us though.

I don't remember Stripey having beef with the gays though, dear me!

Edited by Jan