aberdeen-music

I'm not a homophobe....

(appart from this post, a few pages back)

...and if someone who is homophobic notices it and gives them a beating, its their fault for waving a flag saying "i am gay" surely.

It's the "surley" bit that gets me ...as if "well, that sounds OK , doesn't it".

Guest allsystemsfail
No' date=' of course I don't condone gay bashing, dont be absurd. I'm not getting back into this because its pointless and you are twisting everything I say.[/quote']

You do not? Then I suggest you go look at your post again.

but...(sorry to go on about this)...you are homophobic (as someone alread pointed out) in that you think it should be banned' date=' or kids shouldnt "witness 'it'"...that in it self is homophobia

"I have gay friends" , I wonder how long they'd remain friend if you knew they thought you thought they were disgusting, and should only "do what they do" indoors, when it's alright for the rest of us "world saviours" to frolick and have fun in the sun.

who here, who's "not homophobic, but don't think that gay's are "right" " is religious ? (based on that whole "you must procreate when having front bum sex" ?

(a valid question ?)[/quote']

i'm not religious...but my mum is, and she's fine with my sexuality.

i can agree with the whole fashionable fad thing being annoying, but see nothing wrong with positive representation of gay people in the media...as long as they're not a complete stereotype i think it's a good thing. that said, will and grace is pure comedy.

Guest Stripey
(appart from this post' date=' a few pages back)

It's the "surley" bit that gets me ...as if "well, that sounds OK , doesn't it".[/quote']

Don't be rediculous.

so what does the "surley" mean to you ?

(in the context you put it ? I/E. a gay bashing, because a homophobe reacted to something he didn't like )...

just clarify it for us then, please.

(to me, "surley" after a sentence, is a "confirmation", or agreeing, in a justification of that statement ...)

but, I am a pedantic cyant when it comes to people's arguments, after all, a message board can (as we all know), be taken the wrong way, without those funny little smileys, where would we be ?

Guest Stripey
so what does the "surley" mean to you ?

(in the context you put it ? I/E. a gay bashing' date=' because a homophobe reacted to something he didn't like )...

just clarify it for us then, please.

(to me, "surley" after a sentence, is a "confirmation", or agreeing, in a justification of that statement ...)

but, I am a pedantic cyant when it comes to people's arguments, after all, a message board can (as we all know), be taken the wrong way, without those funny little smileys, where would we be ?[/quote']

I am not gonna stoop to your level mate, this discussion became futile a good couple of pages back. Finito.

This is an interesting subject and it's a shame I've joined late.

I'm not homophobic AT ALL. I don't have a problem with gay people at all and I treat them no differently to straight people because I have the same attitude towards them as I do towards ethnic minorities and woman and everything else that isn't an average height white caucasian male. That is to say I think of them as equals.

Doesn't homophobia mean simply fear of gays?

I thought giving a beating to a gay would be simply assault or unjustified violence. Or even being gayist*...but not homophobic? (*sexist/prejudiced towards gays? I don't know what the correct terminology is...)

Now I personally hate it when gay people are OVERLY gay. Great, you're gay. Well done. If you're so happy about being gay, then why not just be normal about it rather than making it obvious all the time.

I can cook ommelettes but that doesn't mean I go around with a frying pan and a packet of flour and eggs 24/7.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. Or pat yourself on the back. But don't parade around as if you are a fucking brilliant exception to the human race for being gay because you are not. You are like everybody else.

Now, anyone who disagrees with my bluntness, then think about this: if it is ok and acceptable to be gay then surely it is equally ok to take the piss out of gay people like you would to a straight person. Equality and all that...

I personally don't give a flying fuck if someone is gay or whatever,

I just can't stand the hypocrisy of both gay and straight people in a lot of these debates.

Don't think I got my point/beliefs across very well there but never mind.

i think you did, especially this part -

Now I personally hate it when gay people are OVERLY gay. Great' date=' you're gay. Well done. If you're so happy about being gay, then why not just be normal about it rather than making it obvious all the time.

I can cook ommelettes but that doesn't mean I go around with a frying pan and a packet of flour and eggs 24/7.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. Or pat yourself on the back. But don't parade around as if you are a fucking brilliant exception to the human race for being gay because you are not. You are like everybody else.

[/quote']

stoop to MY level, now that is funny, when is your next stand up night ?...

great stuff...

he he.

homophobia (any "phobia" does mean a "fear of" ), but, the argument sited, was a homophobic beating up a gay person, for "flaunting it" in front of them, so, it's not just an "unjustified assault", it's an attack on someone for having a sexual preference.

but anyway, like Stripey said, there is no point talking about this, you either don't have a problem with gay people, or you do, I'm just glad I don't give a flying fuck what / who / where you do it, as long as you are happy. (as long as the parties involved are consenting)

PS, if I have a kid, and he grows up to be gay, I'd still love him, and treat him as an equal.

I wonder how many "male homophobe" have pulled the pud to that Californian "babe" lesbian shit (big tits, blond hair, girl on girl action"...now, that's a mark of how full of shit you can be....

Guest allsystemsfail
This is an interesting subject and it's a shame I've joined late.

I'm not homophobic AT ALL. I don't have a problem with gay people at all and I treat them no differently to straight people because I have the same attitude towards them as I do towards ethnic minorities and woman and everything else that isn't an average height white caucasian male. That is to say I think of them as equals.

Doesn't homophobia mean simply fear of gays?

I thought giving a beating to a gay would be simply assault or unjustified violence. Or even being gayist*...but not homophobic? (*sexist/prejudiced towards gays? I don't know what the correct terminology is...)

Now I personally hate it when gay people are OVERLY gay. Great' date=' you're gay. Well done. If you're so happy about being gay, then why not just be normal about it rather than making it obvious all the time.

Now, anyone who disagrees with my bluntness, then think about this: if it is ok and acceptable to be gay then surely it is equally ok to take the piss out of gay people like you would to a straight person. Equality and all that...

I personally don't give a flying fuck if someone is gay or whatever,

I just can't stand the hypocrisy of both gay and straight people in a lot of these debates.

Don't think I got my point/beliefs across very well there but never mind.[/quote']

Overly gay? Can people not express themselves as they wish? Why can heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality, but not homosexuals?

Guest allsystemsfail

I wonder how many "male homophobe" have pulled the pud to that Californian "babe" lesbian shit (big tits' date=' blond hair, girl on girl action"...now, that's a mark of how full of shit you can be....[/quote']

HAHAHA Nice point.

heterosexuals that flaunt their sexuality piss me off...as do stereotypes of gay people. this is just personal preference though' date=' and if they are a nice person behind the persona then it's all cool.[/quote']

Nail. head. hit.

Exactly what I was trying to get across. I person who flaunts their straightuality is just as bad as a gay person that does it... but this is the point.

They are the same - a human being - except for their sexuality.

But when a gay person permanantly tries to show their gayness it is just annoying. I don't dislike it because it is gay - just because it is fucking annoying! And it annoys me when people say shit like "freedom of expression" etc. I have just as much a right to be annoyed at someone for being overly-in-your-face gay, as much as they have a right to do it. According to the whole "freedom of expression" thing anyway... Thats where hypocrisy lies; Someone is allowed to be overly-gay and express their freedom to do so - yet I'm criticised for expressing my opinion that it annoys me. Hmmm.

It's like dance music. It pisses me off. But no one will care about that because there are no moral issues surrounding dance music.

And regarding ommelettes; I originally used 'pancakes' in my analogy, but then rembered I am shit at making pancakes, whereas I can make a good ommellette. So my bad for not deleting the "bag of flour" bit....

And regarding ommelettes; I originally used 'pancakes' in my analogy, but then rembered I am shit at making pancakes, whereas I can make a good ommellette. So my bad for not deleting the "bag of flour" bit....

a likely story...just admit it, you make ommlettes with flour...silly wookie !

he he.

PS, you've been listening to the wrong kind of dance music (wink wink)...

PPS, I don't think that anyone said it was wrong to have a problem with someone "in yer face" (be they straight or gays), I think the argument I was following, were to try and dispell some of the genuine homophobic reasons why "gays are just plain wrong"...

that's the main difference where these "arguments" went. (I too agree that any one too exuberent / OTT climbs on my boobs, straight or gay), but I am sure half the posters here wouldn't want the "cute / giggly girls who wear pink, and think that all things crap are "kewel" should be kept indoors!

this is the stupidest thread i have ever seen.

no-one will be gay just because people on tv are

gay. thats just fucking weird. i mean who will look

at marco in big brother and think, ooh i want to be

like him (sorry , it). You are all gay as far as i am concerned

and need to get a grip you faggots. Now run along and

play with your barbie dolls you insignificant little cocksmokers.

this is the stupidest thread i have ever seen.

no-one will be gay just because people on tv are

gay. thats just fucking weird. i mean who will look

at marco in big brother and think' date=' ooh i want to be

like him (sorry , it). You are all gay as far as i am concerned

and need to get a grip you faggots. Now run along and

play with your barbie dolls you insignificant little cocksmokers.[/quote']

"If he can do it, why can't I?". This thread is dragging on, two words - sexual freedom.

Overly gay? Can people not express themselves as they wish? Why can heterosexuals flaunt their sexuality' date=' but not homosexuals?[/quote']

The point Dan was making was about people who flaunt about being gay - like that marco guy. He speaks with a high pitched voice, says things like 'OH MY GOD!!!!' and is generally a stereotypical overly gay person, determined to let everyone know that he's gay. Do you really think he was brought up to put on a faux voice and raise peoples awareness of his unconforming sexuality? I don't. To me it's just as simple as attention grabbing.....

And no-one has given examples of straight people flaunting their sexuality.....

Onion Terror

The point Dan was making was about people who flaunt about being gay - like that marco guy. He speaks with a high pitched voice, says things like 'OH MY GOD!!!!' and is generally a stereotypical overly gay person, determined to let everyone know that he's gay. Do you really think he was brought up to put on a faux voice and raise peoples awareness of his unconforming sexuality? I don't. To me it's just as simple as attention grabbing.....

And no-one has given examples of straight people flaunting their sexuality.....

any fucker in "hello" magazine, or in the sun, or who writes for the sun...

Most points don't then seem to be about "hating gays", it's "hating people who are loud and over the top"...so, how should we all behave ? (a rhetorical question)...this thread surely has ran it's course!..

any fucker in "hello" magazine' date=' or in the sun, or who writes for the sun...

Most points don't then seem to be about "hating gays", it's "hating people who are loud and over the top"...so, how should we all behave ? (a rhetorical question)...this thread surely has ran it's course!..[/quote']

Yes lepeep, exactly. Its the over-the-topness that is the annoying bit, not the actual fact that they are gay.

But if I didn't like someone (who is gay) for being really, really gay - then it wouldn't mean I hate gay people at all, just the fact that I find OTT gayness annoying. Yet I'd probably get called a homophobe for disliking someone because I find their OTT gayness a personality trait.

[i am speaking hypothetically here by the way]

I just find it hypocritical that you are not allowed to dislike people of a certain sexuality, race or whatever. It's positive discrimination. If someone is a complete arse then you should be allowed to dislike them regardless of what sexuality or race they are.

Yes lepeep' date=' exactly. Its the over-the-topness that is the annoying bit, not the actual fact that they are gay.

But if I didn't like someone (who is gay) for being really, really gay - then it wouldn't mean I hate gay [i']people at all, just the fact that I find OTT gayness annoying. Yet I'd probably get called a homophobe for disliking someone because I find their OTT gayness a personality trait.

I just find it hypocritical that you are not allowed to dislike people of a certain sexuality, race or whatever. It's positive discrimination. If someone is a complete arse then you should be allowed to dislike them regardless of what sexuality or race they are.

For the record, I too find this personality type irritating, but I think calling it "gay" was the wrong choice of word when "camp" may have been more suitable, and probably stopped some people from getting sucked into the mighty "arguhole". From experience, I've only ever seen one gay person behave like that in real life (plenty on TV). Would you believe that the "deviants" have adapted so they can blend in with us upright Christians! :moody: ;p

I haven't been watching big brother. I know who Kitten and Marco are but if I wanted to watch retards compete for attention, I'd go to Ministry, but remember big brother is cast through auditions. That big brother dude was probably chosen because he's so over the top.

Guest AX FAE TX
Yes lepeep' date=' exactly. Its the over-the-topness that is the annoying bit, not the actual fact that they are gay.

But if I didn't like someone (who is gay) for being really, really gay - then it wouldn't mean I hate gay [i']people at all, just the fact that I find OTT gayness annoying. Yet I'd probably get called a homophobe for disliking someone because I find their OTT gayness a personality trait.

HERE HERE - YOU ARSE.