aberdeen-music

I'm not a homophobe....

...but i am starting to think that homosexuality has been turned into a fad.

In times where millions of impressionable, young people can see marco and kitty from BB5 24/7 - can anyone else see an influx of young people turning gay in the not-too-distant future. Of course Big Brother isn't the only cause but it's probably the biggest just now.

Again - i am not homophobic, and have nothing against gay people. I'm also not saying if it'll be a good or bad thing - as i dont know - i'm just trying to see what other peoples opinions are....

No slurs or homophobic language please.

I could see why women would want to be a lesbian but why would men be gay we are ugly creatures!

Speak for yourself! :laughing:

Ive just had a thought. Perhaps it's more to do with the fact that homosexuality is more widely accepted in this country now than it has been ever before. Therefore, people are more forthcoming with their true feelings instead of shying away and putting their true sexuality to the back of their mind for fear of social exclusion etc. Instead in our modern world these people are accepted and in the majority of cases are actually centre to social circles.

Anyone else agree or am I speaking shite?

I think that's a pretty fair point but worded wrongly.

I don't think people are "turning" Homosexual or Bisexual as that's not possible, I do think that this recent increase in public Homosexuality/Bisexuality has led to people who are actually gay/bi being far more open about it and other people who are competely straight, pretending to be gay. I personally find that hugely insensitive, and if I were gay, I'd find it incredibly offensive.

I think sexuality is pretty grey, not straight down the middle black and white. I don't think anyone should be ashamed or proud of their sexuality, just the shame as no-one should be proud (or ashamed) of gender. I find people who constantly harp on about being opressed because of sexuality or gender, just as infuriatingly boring as people who opress because of gender or sexuality.

I can't be bothered with Feminists,Gay Right's Activists or Homophobic or Sexist people, all these groups do is further the divide between Gay/Straight/Bisexual/Transgender/Men/Woman, something as trivial as sexuality and gender is not worth all this hassle,opression or protesting.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Bisexuality has become fashionable. This "we're totally fucking sexually liberated and carefree" attitude by this new-wave of teenage Fauxmosexuals and Lipstick Lesbians is stomach-churning, and a complete fucking insult too real Bisexual people. I think Madonna and Britney Spears should spend a week as Sandy Tokvig's love slaves for their "kiss" at the MTV thing.

Everyone who thinks Gender or Sexuality are important for better or worse, bore me.

I don't think people are "turning" Homosexual or Bisexual as that's not possible' date=' I do think that this recent increase in public Homosexuality/Bisexuality has led to people who are actually gay/bi being far more open about it and other people who are competely straight, pretending to be gay. I personally find that hugely insensitive, and if I were gay, I'd find it incredibly offensive.

I think sexuality is pretty grey, not straight down the middle black and white. I don't think anyone should be ashamed or proud of their sexuality, just the shame as no-one should be proud (or ashamed) of gender. I find people who constantly harp on about being opressed because of sexuality or gender, just as infuriatingly boring as people who opress because of gender or sexuality.

I can't be bothered with Feminists,Gay Right's Activists or Homophobic or Sexist people, all these groups do is further the divide between Gay/Straight/Bisexual/Transgender/Men/Woman, something as trivial as sexuality and gender is not worth all this hassle,opression or protesting.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Bisexuality has become fashionable. This "we're totally fucking sexually liberated and carefree" attitude by this new-wave of teenage Fauxmosexuals and Lipstick Lesbians is stomach-churning, and a complete fucking insult too real Bisexual people. I think Madonna and Britney Spears should spend a week as Sandy Tokvig's love slaves for their "kiss" at the MTV thing.

Everyone who thinks Gender or Sexuality are important for better or worse, bore me.[/quote']

huttah. personally i think it's more down to increasing acceptance of homosexuality in the media that's leading to people being more open about it, or at least feeling safe to be more open about it.

you are what you are. if other people cant accept it then its their problem. i dont have a problem with gay people. i think it wrong though that people are being gay to be "cool". like a while ago, girls were kissing their friends. it was like the done thing.

Wow, the peer pressure would have to be pretty enormous to take one in the ass!

I couldn't care less if people were gay or straight, whatever their motives or reasons for doing so. It *is* their choice after all. Besides, this can be one of those things - if they are doing this simply to impress or break into a social clique - that they'll look back on and cringe over.

Guest you_nazi

its just become more socially acceptable so people arent scared of being open anymore

but i think the new reality tv fashion is to have a transexual housemate. that gail person on fit farm and now nadia on big brother.

I think it is becoming cool to be gay. Look at emowear / general male fashion - pretty feminine huh? its as though men are losing the desire to be masculine and women are losing the attraction to masculinity.

Homosexuality is sad, its like someone born with 3 eyes, a defect. Its become socially acceptable because theres so many, and im not homophobic, but it is sad - as in unhappy sad not, 'check u bunch of saddos.'

II can't be bothered with Feminists' date='Gay Right's Activists or Homophobic or Sexist people, all these groups do is further the divide between Gay/Straight/Bisexual/Transgender/Men/Woman, something as trivial as sexuality and gender is not worth all this hassle,opression or protesting.

[/quote']

I totally agree with that. Chris and I went to see The Adventures of Prisilla, Queen of the Desert on Friday and because it was part of pride week, they had a drag queen on to 'entertain' folks before the movie. The drag queen was totally unnecessary because she was under-rehearsed, unprepared and generally rubbish. The whole affair was a little let down by certain people in the audience who were, to be fair, in the minority, camping it up, speaking along with the film and singing along to camp disco classics in the soundtrack, because this is the week to be proud. Mostly they were obnoxious little fag hags who were only there because it's cool to be 'accepting' and gay friends are like fashion accessories to them.

I think it is becoming cool to be gay. Look at emowear / general male fashion - pretty feminine huh? its as though men are losing the desire to be masculine and women are losing the attraction to masculinity.

Homosexuality is sad' date=' its like someone born with 3 eyes, a defect. Its become socially acceptable because theres so many, and im not homophobic, but it is sad - as in unhappy sad not, 'check u bunch of saddos.'[/quote']

How can you call Homosexuality a defect?

And males with a feminine appearance has nothing do to with sexuality. I quite enjoy people's surprise at finding out I'm completely straight as it makes them question things instead of walking around excepting masculinity as straight males and feminity as straight woman, everybody's so comfortable in a world of black and white, straight and gay, I feel it's important not to be a part of that without becoming all "Oh I'm Gay and I look like a girl and I'm soooooo non-conformist and rebellious and I don't give a fuck".

I totally agree with that. Chris and I went to see The Adventures of Prisilla' date=' Queen of the Desert on Friday and because it was part of pride week, they had a drag queen on to 'entertain' folks before the movie. The drag queen was totally unnecessary because she was under-rehearsed, unprepared and generally rubbish. The whole affair was a little let down by certain people in the audience who were, to be fair, in the minority, camping it up, speaking along with the film and singing along to camp disco classics in the soundtrack, because this is the week to be proud. Mostly they were obnoxious little fag hags who were only there because it's cool to be 'accepting' and gay friends are like fashion accessories to them.[/quote']

Prisilla is a fucking great film!

The whole Gay Pride thing confuses me aswell, why should Gay people may any more or less proud than straight people, it's only sexuality!

yeh your right the 'males with feminine apprerance' is irrelevant bullshit, forget that.

But do you really think homosexuality is totally fine? does mother nature make us straight for a reason, no? you must see that SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG for someone to be gay, if not - theyre faking it!

Im not a scientist, but there has to be some sort of problem in the genes. Think about people born looking female yet with male genitalia. Not a defect? perfectly fine? a homosexual person is surely someone born with the physical appearance of man, yet with the brain of a woman - perfectly normal? nothing gone wrong?

yeh your right the 'males with feminine apprerance' is irrelevant bullshit' date=' forget that.

But do you really think homosexuality is totally fine? does mother nature make us straight for a reason, no? you must see that SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG for someone to be gay, if not - theyre faking it!

Im not a scientist, but there has to be some sort of problem in the genes. Think about people born looking female yet with male genitalia. Not a defect? perfectly fine? a homosexual person is surely someone born with the physical appearance of man, yet with the brain of a woman - perfectly normal? nothing gone wrong?[/quote']

A person with the brain of a woman and the body of a man is transgendered not homosexual.

A homosexual man can be perfectly "normal" and like football and beer etc, he just happens to be attracted to other men. Just because they're gay it doesn't mean that they are defected or tarnished!

I think bryn's getting at the point...

If we were all gay the population of the world would die out within two, at most 3, generations (if left in nature, and without scientific intervention)

Nature programmed us, or should have, to go after the opposite sex and make as many little humans as possible. If this isn't the case then that person is 'defective'

I think that's what he was getting at, is that right?

A person with the brain of a woman and the body of a man is transgendered not homosexual.

QUOTE]

The point is, u would consider a transgendered person defected right? abnormal, not ordinary. Blantantly something went wrong in the genes, just like someone who has down-syndrome.

Yet you see nothing abnormal in the body of a man being attracted to another man? i can accept it yeh and wouldnt give a fuck if i saw a male couple, but u must see something is not quite right.

I'm merely saying that homosexuality is not natural, however much we are fed to believe. The idea that straight men want to look feminine is beyond me. Bring back Patrick Swazy, David Hasslehoff and other random 80s hunks....