aberdeen-music

I'm not a homophobe....

Guest allsystemsfail
I never said homosexuality was disgusting. I said it's disgusting that public money should be spent on promoting it in a public place. And yeah' date=' I think children shouldnt be exposed to such things before a certain age (i.e puberty, when there sexuality is formed).[/quote']

So you think folks are gonna be engaging in full sex? In Duthie Park?

Regarding the promotion of homosexuality - you mabe didn't catch my last post. It is not promotion. You cannot teach it. Hey, those homosexuals are really on to something. I think I'm gonna be one too. What you feel sexually is inate.

I hate to admit it but I'm with Stripey on this one. Children need to be sheltered until such times as they can begin to actually understand and question what they see instead of following it blindly. While I don't have a problem with homosexuality, I don't think children should ever be exposed to it.

there is no way you can convince a homophobe that a man holding another mans hand is "not offensive"...

it's hardly worth talking about (it's not a discussion, as people 'hear' the other persons points of view).

My tuppeth is that "people should just get on with each other"...

but no, it doesn't work like that.

"I'm not a homophobe..BUT..."

why is there always a but in homophobe ? (he he).

PS, "sheltered" from what ? men holding hands ? men kissing ? women kissing ? (but it's OK for them to see straight people kissing / holding hands, as that's "normal" ?. BOLLOX )

that's just homophobia raising its ugly head, sorry.

one of my friends grew up with a parent who is gay and he isnt gay. or bi sexual. It does not matter. Really, you cant make yourself be gay if you dont want to be. You are what you are and how is it annoying that "everyones" turning bi or gay or whatever? Its not true, its just accepted more now. And who cares if some teenager experiments with someone of the same sex? jeez, some of you people are so annoying sometimes. i want to kick your shins! :rolleyes:

of course homosexuality is natural !

you might not think it pleasent, or that YOU WOULD PRACTICE IT, but that doesn't make it "un-natural".

Next you'll tell me that the ugly nature of the "hag fish" (living inside a corpse, eating shite etc, "ain't natural")...

It's been proven that homosexuality is a trait in the GENES, but hold on, you conservatives can start to "eradicate" that gene !...(*sniff sniff...I smell Eugenics raising it's head)...

Guest Stripey
of course homosexuality is natural !

you might not think it pleasent' date=' or that YOU WOULD PRACTICE IT, but that doesn't make it "un-natural".

Next you'll tell me that the ugly nature of the "hag fish" (living inside a corpse, eating shite etc, "ain't natural")...

It's been proven that homosexuality is a trait in the GENES, but hold on, you conservatives can start to "eradicate" that gene !...(*sniff sniff...I smell Eugenics raising it's head)...[/quote']

So is bestiality or paedophilia natural? Is it natural to have a scat fetish?

Homosexuality is un-natural because usually it means the person doesn't breed, so they are a genetic dead end, and thats darwinism in action.

Guest allsystemsfail
I hate to admit it but I'm with Stripey on this one. Children need to be sheltered until such times as they can begin to actually understand and question what they see instead of following it blindly. While I don't have a problem with homosexuality' date=' I don't think children should ever be exposed to it.[/quote']

What I wanna know, is what is being done about all these heterosexual folks attempting to turn the minds of the young? It's a disgrace. Holding hands, kissing, hugging. And if that wasn't bad enough, they're doing it on television as well. Someone should put a stop to it.

PS' date=' "sheltered" from what ? men holding hands ? men kissing ? women kissing ? (but it's OK for them to see straight people kissing / holding hands, as that's "normal" ?. BOLLOX )

that's just homophobia raising its ugly head, sorry.[/quote']

Indeed. Assuming that children can be influenced to that degree, it seems we shouldn't let our kids see two blokes holding hands in a park, but they can see two blokes shooting each other in a war zone? Isn't someone loving someone a far better example to be setting than someone killing someone? Is loving the 'wrong person' really that scary?

Guest allsystemsfail

Homosexuality is un-natural because usually it means the person doesn't breed' date=' so they are a genetic dead end, and thats darwinism in action.[/quote']

You're equating bestiality and paedophilia with homosexuality?

Sure sure, you ain't no homophobe.

:rolleyes:

Guest allsystemsfail
Indeed. Assuming that children can be influenced to that degree' date=' it seems we shouldn't let our kids see two blokes holding hands in a park, but they can see two blokes shooting each other in a war zone? Isn't someone loving someone a far better example to be setting than someone killing someone? Is loving the 'wrong person' really that scary?[/quote']

Well said.

Guest Stripey
You're equating bestiality and paedophilia with homosexuality?

Sure sure' date=' you ain't no homophobe.

:rolleyes:[/quote']

The point is, that if peoples sexuality can be altered so drastically by events in their life, I.E some event that gives them a fetish, something in their past which makes them a paedophile, then it must go without saying that a child who has an un-developed mind and no sexuality defined, can have their sexuality influenced too by their environment, and probably to a greater extent than an adult. Which is why I firmly believe that homosexuality is aquired,, and not innate.

what the fuck?....

sorry, your "argument" is deterioating with every post...(you haven't actually given a reason yet as to why homosexuality is wrong (sorry, wrong for kids to see, because you aren't a homophobe, you just think homosexuals should never be let out in to the open...)

I loved this bit :

to sound like the anti-tabloid wanker I am, yes, all of the above are "natural".

I.E., they are human emotions / expression, evolved over time, by humans...i.e NATUAL. (something that occurs in nature)...

it's abhorent, quite repugnant (the examples you have given), but, natural non the less (you obviously stopped reading half way through my post).

cancer is "natural" (but it doesn't have fucking babies !)

EBOLA is natual...

give me a good reason why "gays should not be seen or heard" ...

The point is, that if peoples sexuality can be altered so drastically by events in their life, I.E some event that gives them a fetish, something in their past which makes them a paedophile, then it must go without saying that a child who has an un-developed mind and no sexuality defined, can have their sexuality influenced too by their environment, and probably to a greater extent than an adult. Which is why I firmly believe that homosexuality is aquired,, and not innate.

all of those arguments are based on fear and ill educated points of view.

it's almost a moot point, arguing if and why or WHEN kids turn gay if they "watch it, and think it's OK"...

the bigger point is, WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CHILD "TURNING GAY" ? cos we need more people on this earth making babies ? because they'll in turn spread the gay disease ? worse still, you'll be in a minority of straight people, and you'll be forced into thinking your way of life is wrong , dirty, un natural...

hold on...I see why you're scared now, no one would ever like to feel like that....ahh...there lies your problem.

Guest Stripey
what the fuck?....

sorry' date=' your "argument" is deterioating with every post...(you haven't actually given a reason yet as to why homosexuality is wrong (sorry, wrong for kids to see, because you aren't a homophobe, you just think homosexuals should never be let out in to the open...)

I loved this bit :

to sound like the anti-tabloid wanker I am, yes, all of the above are "natural".

I.E., they are human emotions / expression, evolved over time, by humans...i.e NATUAL. (something that occurs in nature)...

it's abhorent, quite repugnant (the examples you have given), but, natural non the less (you obviously stopped reading half way through my post).

cancer is "natural" (but it doesn't have fucking babies !)

EBOLA is natual...

give me a good reason why "gays should not be seen or heard" ...[/quote']

*sigh* I just think that tolerance is good, but putting on big events in public places and depicting it in the media goes beyond devloping tolerance and starts to become like promotion. I'd much rather see public money being spent on something like an Ethnic Pride festival in aberdeen, this would be much more useful in bringing people together and much more beneficial to the people of aberdeen who are paying for it with tax.

putting on big events in public places and depicting it in the media goes beyond devloping tolerance and starts to become like promotion.

Yes' date=' promotion of tolerance, surely? Which you said is a good thing? I don't think it was meant to be a recruitment drive...

I'd much rather see public money being spent on something like an Ethnic Pride festival in aberdeen, this would be much more useful in bringing people together and much more beneficial to the people of aberdeen who are paying for it with tax.

Spending money to help reduce racial prejudice = good

Spending money to help reduce sexual prejudice = bad?

Any other prejudices we shouldn't be spending money on?

Guest allsystemsfail
The point is' date=' that if peoples sexuality can be altered so drastically by events in their life, I.E some event that gives them a fetish, something in their past which makes them a paedophile, then it must go without saying that a child who has an un-developed mind and no sexuality defined, can have their sexuality influenced too by their environment, and probably to a greater extent than an adult. Which is why I firmly believe that homosexuality is aquired,, and not innate.[/quote']

Let me run this one past you. We live in a society in which heterosexuality is the norm. It's display is everywhere. Newspapers, television, advertising... So, why then do we find homosexuality?

Guest allsystemsfail
*sigh* I just think that tolerance is good' date=' but putting on big events in public places and depicting it in the media goes beyond devloping tolerance and starts to become like promotion. I'd much rather see public money being spent on something like an Ethnic Pride festival in aberdeen, this would be much more useful in bringing people together and much more beneficial to the people of aberdeen who are paying for it with tax.[/quote']

Tolerance is a word you appear ignorant of.

Guest Stripey

No, I think it is a mistake to encourage tolerance of homosexuality, mostly because one of my friends was fucked by a man over 40 when he was only 15 and at a very vulnerable point in his life. Said over 40 man regularly had 4 or 5 young boys like that in his flat every time I went there and was a total dodger and clearly preying on those kids and plying them with drugs. He also used to always try and engage me in chatting about computers and continually tried to get me to stay longer and longer.

Some of my parents friends are gay/lesbian and they are over 50, and they behave very differently from the way homosexuality is portrayed in the media or acted out by "young people" of my generation. They don't mince around acting camp, they dont ever mention their sexuality, they just get on with their lives and don't appear outwardly gay.

I think homosexuality has become something different thanks to the media, and frankly I think what it has become is wrong.

Now, that is a harsh story, I know of one similiar, but I shan't divuldge the details...needles to say, these examples are not "homosexuality", but Paedophillia.

so don't get them mixed up.

I understand that you also don't like "outwardly gay" people, but prefer the more sedate kind, that tried to "fit in" with hetorosexual appearences, but , people DO NEED to be educated in accepting people, no matter what stances they have...

you might say "ah ha, well accept my stance then", the only problem is, your stance errs onthe negative, and nothing good can come of negativeity (I sound like a hippy...sheesh!)...oops!