aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Andy Carroll is a fucking legend. 1-1 isn't a total disaster but with games against Villa, Liverpool and Spuds coming up we really needed a win today.

Spurs next week; we smacked them 4-1 to overturn a run of 9 games without a win at roughly this point last year but they look to be going great guns at the moment. I'm praying that Enrique is back, maybe Steven Taylor too (at least he looks like he gives a fuck). Jonas and Carroll need to start, as does Guthrie. Maybe we can steal it...

We're a point better off now then we were at the start of the day, but I feel significantly less confident.

Guest idol_wild
so much for the protest after the dons game, there were about 30 of them there and they all looked like fucking idiots, well done guys you really got your message across.

dons game was poor but aluko was decent and dare i say it foster didnt give the ball away everytime he touched it.

Somewhat amusingly, I was told that there was a protest about the protest.

Can anyone confirm this?

Somewhat amusingly, I was told that there was a protest about the protest.

Can anyone confirm this?

Not sure about yesterday but there was something similar happened at Steve Paterson's last game. A supporters group tried to organise a mass walkout five minutes before the end of the game but only a handfull of people got up to leave and got a fair amount of abuse thrown at them when they were leaving the ground.

so much for the protest after the dons game, there were about 30 of them there and they all looked like fucking idiots, well done guys you really got your message across.

dons game was poor but aluko was decent and dare i say it foster didnt give the ball away everytime he touched it.

Thought the Dons played well in the second half.....put ICT under pressure for an extended period rather than the usual 5 minute bursts.

Glad that the protest was a damp squib......thing that really grinds my gears about these twats is that they really seem to believe that they're the only ones that care about the club.

Wankers.

Cant believe I'm writing this. Foster had a decent game and probably contributed more over those 90mins than he has done most of the season. Seems to have figured out the passing thing and even showed some tricky footwork...

City's season over, barring some kind of miracle on Thursday.

Get Mourinho NOW!

I don't think anyone, even City fans, were expecing overnight success with the introduction of Hughes and those mental investors who don't really understand football in the slightest. They've made some solid signings with Given, Bridge and Robinho but that's not enough to push them up the league or into the final of the UEFA cup. It seems to be that the only people who are 'demanding' Mourinho are the media, and non-City fans. On the Manchester forums I post on, City fans seem pretty keen to stick with Hughes. He's a good manager, and his effect at Blackburn wasn't instant, but he definitely did a huge job.

They're probably not going to get the big names instantly. Money can't create history and prestige. The speculation over summer will be interesting and entertaining, but it's highly doubtful many of the ridiculous big money transfers are going to really see the light of day.