aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I could very easily put in the effort Kenny Miller puts in over 90 minutes for a few grand a week, and the honour of playing for my country.

The "he tries hard" argument is wearing a bit thin now. He's just shit.

I always considered Shevchenko to be an outstanding professional but his horrific dive from Glen Johnson's challenge last night was atrocious for a player of his calibre. What would he have gained in that position? A freekick on the halfway line with a fully regrouped England? Utterly disappointing. Despite his hurrendous dive, it was actually good to see him score a goal though. He seems to have died a slow death since Chelsea benched him for a couple of seasons after being on great form at MIlan previously.

Why does Capello insist on taking the sting out of the game at only 1-0 up by bringing off England's most dangerous player with an ageing legless Beckham? Lennon is probably the only player with English blood who can take the ball past someone and beat them with pace.

Pretty dull game anyway.

aye it was a dull game, i think its because capello has the italien 'win by one goal' attitude, he's not bothered about playing nice flowing attacking football but getting the job done which is fair enough. the man is doing a good job so far, ukraine were disappointing mind, thought they might have a bit more fight in them. be interesting to see how england cope when they play one of the big teams in a competitive game - they were poor against spain in a recent friendly but then again that was just a friendly.

back to domestic issues, oh how i chuckled when i saw the news earlier and thousands of deluded geordies went down to st james park to catch a glimpse of alan 'by jove i'm dull' shearer! thing is i have a sneaky suspicion his appointment might save them from the drop. on the other hand it could be a complete disaster. in any case never a dull moment concerning newcastle united!

back to domestic issues, oh how i chuckled when i saw the news earlier and thousands of deluded geordies went down to st james park to catch a glimpse of alan 'by jove i'm dull' shearer! thing is i have a sneaky suspicion his appointment might save them from the drop. on the other hand it could be a complete disaster. in any case never a dull moment concerning newcastle united!

He'll keep us up then sign a five year extension. Sacked within the first month of the next season and it all begins again.

Did anyone see the Bolivia v Argentina match? I saw the first 25 minutes which Bolivia dominated but then were pegged back to 1-1 after an error from the keeper. I was pretty surprised to find out Bolivia went on to win 6-1. In all fairness, the game was played 3600 feet above sea level.

i didnt see the argie v bolivia game but did read that argentina backed bolivia to play their home games at such a high altitude!

wonder who will be promoted to the MOTD couch with shearer's departure, probably lee dixon i would imagine.

Yaas! it's started! If there's one thing guaranteed to make England fail in a competition it's the press saying they'll win the competition.

I was beginning to get worried as the press had been quite sensible so far. Until today.

Apparantly, "only Spain can deny England Global Supremacy", and how many of the Brazilian's would make te England team? Why, only "Jlio Csar in goal. The right back, Maicon. Maybe Lcio, who, at his best, practises central defending like no other. Maybe the young holding player, Felipe Melo. Unquestionably Kak. Not a lot more."

And let's not forget that England only lost to Brazil in 2002 because they were "bullied into submission."

And would you swap Rooney for Frank Ribery? Would you fuck!

Only Spain to beat then - but that's ok, when Stevie G is good enough to fit in the Spanish midfield then "the world title will beckon."

Only Spain can deny England global supremacy - Times Online

Yaas! it's started! If there's one thing guaranteed to make England fail in a competition it's the press saying they'll win the competition.

I was beginning to get worried as the press had been quite sensible so far. Until today.

Apparantly, "only Spain can deny England Global Supremacy", and how many of the Brazilian's would make te England team? Why, only "Jlio Csar in goal. The right back, Maicon. Maybe Lcio, who, at his best, practises central defending like no other. Maybe the young holding player, Felipe Melo. Unquestionably Kak. Not a lot more."

And let's not forget that England only lost to Brazil in 2002 because they were "bullied into submission."

Only Spain to beat then - but that's ok, when Stevie G is good enough to fit in the Spanish midfield then "the world title will beckon."

my god that guys is such an idiot! Argentina will take more than 15 months to recover froma defeat!! Even tho its the first goals they have conceded to anyone since Diego took over and they have won every game baring that one!

English journalists are so fucking stupid, do they actually believe the pish they write or do they just do it to sell papers and be popular.

I don't understand where the Times are getting the idea that England are that good. What games are they basing it on? I can't remember the last 'outstanding' England performance. They've had brief passages in most recent games where they look world class but never over a full 90 minutes. Individually they are unquestionably great players but that means fuck all if they don't interact as a team. It seems like every match at least half the team have an off day. There isn't one player, perhaps except Rooney, who performs consistently at the level needed to beat the top teams.

Also, can't believe how he just writes off Argentina after one bad defeat. Bolivia obviously played out their skins but there's not much to read into the scoreline. Anyone who saw their game against one of the guays recently certainly won't be writing them off. I reckon most of the Argentine players were a) nackered due to the altitude and b) not used to going a couple of goals down so conceeded defeat long before the final whistle.

Just like one decent game in a holding role for Paul Hartley doesn't make him a decent holding player.

I hate Paul Hartley.

Well said that man.

I once read a list of someone's top 5 most hated players in Scottish Football. It read:

1. The Paul Hartley that used to play for Hearts

2. The Paul Hartley that used to play for Hibs

3. The Paul Hartley that used to play for Hamilton

4. The Paul Hartley that used to play for St Johnstone

5. The Paul Hartley that used to play for Raith Rovers.

Probably couldnt have put it better myself, although The Paul Hartley that used to play for Morton would definitely have been up there,

I hate Paul Hartley

wonder who will be promoted to the MOTD couch with shearer's departure, probably lee dixon i would imagine.

NO! Leave Dixon on MOTD2! He deserves to be on a good programme with good presenters and good guests! None of this cosy cosy with those pricks Lineker and Lawrenson.

Does anyone at the BBC watch MOTD? Do they realise that Mark Lawrenson is still on it? He gets paid for that as well...

I listen to Talksport a lot, I remember driving to work one day in 2005 and they were having a phone in debate on how England should spend the prize money for winning the 06 World Cup (whether it should go to the Premiership clubs or be invested in grassroots football). At this point, England hadn't even qualified for the World Cup, they had only played 3 matches in their Qualifying group! As I said previous, I do generally suppoort England, but that riled me up big time.

I listen to Talksport a lot, I remember driving to work one day in 2005 and they were having a phone in debate on how England should spend the prize money for winning the 06 World Cup (whether it should go to the Premiership clubs or be invested in grassroots football). At this point, England hadn't even qualified for the World Cup, they had only played 3 matches in their Qualifying group! As I said previous, I do generally suppoort England, but that riled me up big time.

that is the exact reason i refuse to support england, i hate how every major football tournement they are involved in they think they are the team to beat, i mean spain are undefeated in over two years yet england are still better........It really grinds my fucking gears, yes they have some world class players but they also have quite a few that wouldnt get near any other decent national team if they were able to. Bottom line is Stevie G may be able to single handedly win the champs league and the FA cup but he cant take on a whole international side. without some decent back up.

Does anyone at the BBC watch MOTD? Do they realise that Mark Lawrenson is still on it? He gets paid for that as well...

Aw leave Lawro alone. It's not his fault he hates football. He makes the panel a little less biased. There's Lineker and Hansen talking about how great football is. Lawro evens the scales by talking about how shit football is, how all the players are terrible. Fair and balanced. Lovely stuff.

Bookies have Liverpool down as favourites to win the Barclays Primadonna League. It seems a bit strange seeing as though everything but form is in ManYoo's favour. Should be a tense weekend, although - games involving the top teams this season have been a stiff borefest for the most part, but the actual conclusion of the league is pretty exciting. The best games to watch visually, for me, have more often than not involved either Wigan, Everton or Villa. Hull City at the beginning of the season too. It's a real shame they slumped.

I had a dream last night that Martin O'Neill emailed me for advice on his recent slump. I told him he was an idiot for investing in Heskey and that he had the quality to win the Uefa cup if he stuck at it. Instead he mocked it, as if it was the Carling Cup. He didn't reply.

aye it looks like thats the pair of them finished, i just cannot understand what was going through their heads, i hate square ball but he is suppose to be the national captain and captain of the huns, he really really should know better, mcgregor is a ned and probably doesnt know any better but ferguson is a seasoned pro he must have known what he was doing, maybe this is his way of getting out of it all without having to quit. There definately seems to be an issue with rangers players and scotland tho not sure if its burley or something deeper rooted.

Kinda makes PLG seem like he most definately had a point about ferguson tho...