aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Macheda stuttered with the ball at his feet for the most part. He didn't seem the quickest either, but he's only 17, so I imagine his athleticism will improve. Great turn though, and great finish. It'll do wonders for his morale and confidence on top of his hat trick for the reserves last week. It sounded like Martin Tyler was just about ready to explode as the ball went in.

The celebration with Macheda and his Dad was quite heart warming, and then when it cut to ManYoo fans going nuts, and him right at the end in tears. I bet he's been at the water cooler all morning telling the story.

I hate giving that pansy any kind of praise, but both of Ronaldo's goals were good. Mainly the second. It took real precision to slot it through the defense and right into the corner. It was infuriating to see him not even be bothered for 3/4 of the game though, and give absolutely no response to any of the errors he made, or chances he could have created if he'd run into a space a little. It was his slopiness that led to Villa's second. usually when a player makes a horrid mistake, he will constantly chase the ball to try and win it back. Ronaldo just shook his head, and did so even more when the ball hit the net. Now that he is throughly engaged in his own hype, he is a complete waste of supreme talent.

Macheda stuttered with the ball at his feet for the most part. He didn't seem the quickest either, but he's only 17, so I imagine his athleticism will improve. Great turn though, and great finish. It'll do wonders for his morale and confidence on top of his hat trick for the reserves last week. It sounded like Martin Tyler was just about ready to explode as the ball went in.

The celebration with Macheda and his Dad was quite heart warming, and then when it cut to ManYoo fans going nuts, and him right at the end in tears. I bet he's been at the water cooler all morning telling the story.

I hate giving that pansy any kind of praise, but both of Ronaldo's goals were good. Mainly the second. It took real precision to slot it through the defense and right into the corner. It was infuriating to see him not even be bothered for 3/4 of the game though, and give absolutely no response to any of the errors he made, or chances he could have created if he'd run into a space a little. It was his slopiness that led to Villa's second. usually when a player makes a horrid mistake, he will constantly chase the ball to try and win it back. Ronaldo just shook his head, and did so even more when the ball hit the net. Now that he is throughly engaged in his own hype, he is a complete waste of supreme talent.

Agree with everything you've said :up:

Good to see Darren Fletcher play a stormer as well. He was absolutely everywhere yesterday and really taking on huge responsibility to get Man Yoo back into the game. Really made 18million Carrick look very ordinary...

Fletcher has become a fairly late bloomer and he's been incredible this season compared to his very patchy and often abysmal form of past seasons. One of the best central midfielders in the league this season for me, and he really isn't getting the praise he deserves compared to Giggs and Vidic who are both strong contenders for Player of the Season. Giggs has had a few good games and scored/prvided for some very important goals but he was bad yesterday, and he's played badly quite alot this season. I think Fletcher has been United's most consistent player by miles and miles.

I still rate Carrick though. I think they both work very well together. Carrick seems alot more defensively minded, and wins the ball back very well, where as Fletcher produces something with it. United will have the centre of the park sorted when/if Owen Hargreaves returns, whenever that will be. When he actually players, he is superb.

The Manyoo/Porto game was ace. Just like the Villa game - every single break could have potentially led to a goal due to United's rattled, cagey defence. Gary Neville was quick to blame O'Shea for Porto's second goal, but he let the player on the far left in acres of space. Unless they absolutely smash Sunderland this weekend, I can't see United going into the Porto game next week with enough momentum to win.

Arsenals goal was just silly good.

Bayern/Barca tonight has the potential to be a great game, but it could also be a snooze. First legs usually are, except for the ones last night funnily enough.

Guest treader.

If all goes well, we'll win this weekend and Partick will lose to QofS thus putting us 1 point off second place.

Winning the league is pretty much out the window, but hey...we did our best.

Unless Saints and Partick lose ALL their last 5 games and we win all 5 of ours.....but that's really really unlikely.

Bayern/Barca tonight has the potential to be a great game, but it could also be a snooze. First legs usually are, except for the ones last night funnily enough.

I don't think Bayern have a good enough defence to try to make it a dull game. I'll definitely be watching this one.

I don't think Bayern have a good enough defence to try to make it a dull game. I'll definitely be watching this one.

You're spot on. Micho is too slow, Breno too inexperienced and Badstuber is completely untested. It's Rensing's first full season in goal as well so i'm sure he's not up to his best yet and he's still relatively young in goalkeeping terms. I think our squad is pretty rotten at the moment in all honesty and i think that Klinsmann will have to convince the board to part with any cash over the summer. Losing Poldi is a sin i won't easily forgive them for either.

P.S You can have Oddo back too ;)

If all goes well, we'll win this weekend and Partick will lose to QofS thus putting us 1 point off second place.

Winning the league is pretty much out the window, but hey...we did our best.

I'd worry more about staying in business if I were you.

Three vital home games coming against Queens (heading down for that one this weekend), the Franchise Scum and Buckfast XI, less than seven points and we're probably fucked. Still reckon Saints will drop points though!

You're spot on. Micho is too slow, Breno too inexperienced and Badstuber is completely untested. It's Rensing's first full season in goal as well so i'm sure he's not up to his best yet and he's still relatively young in goalkeeping terms. I think our squad is pretty rotten at the moment in all honesty and i think that Klinsmann will have to convince the board to part with any cash over the summer. Losing Poldi is a sin i won't easily forgive them for either.

"You"? You seem to be getting me confused with a Milan fan ;) Oddo is fucking murder though. God knows what he'll be like when he loses his pace.

What like is this Breno guy anyway? Lot of folk rave about him.

You been getting a game this season?

"You"? You seem to be getting me confused with a Milan fan ;) Oddo is fucking murder though. God knows what he'll be like when he loses his pace.

What like is this Breno guy anyway? Lot of folk rave about him.

Haha

Breno is quality and if he's given a bit of time he'll be a fantastic player. He's very strong and aware and isn't shy of getting stuck in, unlike that fairy Demichelis. He's actually got a decent amount of pace as well.

Oddo has pace? o_O

Haha

Breno is quality and if he's given a bit of time he'll be a fantastic player. He's very strong and aware and isn't shy of getting stuck in, unlike that fairy Demichelis. He's actually got a decent amount of pace as well.

Oddo has pace? o_O

So is there any chance that Breno isn't just going to be another Lucio? i.e. does he have at least some idea of how not to be a Brazilian?

Oddo certainly used to have pace. It was all he had - endless charging up and down the touchline. No positional sense, little technical ability, no real strength, just a bit of pace and stamina. And he was the guy who was supposed to replace Cafu :laughing:

why does green have to be so arrogant? mike ingham, a much superior commentator to green (hence being head commentator for five live), was trying to be diplomatic about liverpool's slims chances in the second leg to which green was saying 'its not going to happen, no way'.

who could have predicted liverpool to win at man u 4-1?

what a game the chelsea/pool match was. a great advert!! essien and drogba (regardless of his missed chances) were oustanding!

as for the bayern game, it could have been at least 7. The movement of barcas 5 forwards (you might aswell include iniesta + co) killed em, bayern didnt know what to do and let the strikers pull them apart and prod in behind them at every occasion in the first half. the highlight of the sky highlights had to be mcinally's commentary :laughing: