aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

This is the excuse Rangers have been looking for to get an ageing, long-past-his-best and thinks-he's-bigger-than-the-club Ferguson off their wage bill.

It is a good day for Rangers because no longer do they have to play Ferguson when 'fit' and Mendes and Davis will be infinitely better in the central roles.

As funny as it is and as much as I think he's a little twat, this has only strengthened Rangers' position to go on and challenge for the SPL title. I would think a lot of Rangers fans will be happy with this too.

And the Dons are moving to Loirston, by the look of things -

Aberdeen | News | Club News | Club News | Preferred Site For New Stadium

That's a bit out of the way like, the best thing about Pittodrie being where it is is you can get the bus into the city centre on the bus from anywhere in the city and you're there. Plus when the time match finishes you can be on Union Street and in having a pint in 15 minutes. If it's out in Nigg, everyone except folk in Cove will have to either take the bus or drive, which means traffic chaos and a huge demand for buses.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
This is the excuse Rangers have been looking for to get an ageing, long-past-his-best and thinks-he's-bigger-than-the-club Ferguson off their wage bill.

It is a good day for Rangers because no longer do they have to play Ferguson when 'fit' and Mendes and Davis will be infinitely better in the central roles.

As funny as it is and as much as I think he's a little twat, this has only strengthened Rangers' position to go on and challenge for the SPL title. I would think a lot of Rangers fans will be happy with this too.

Aye - I agree. It's funny cos they're a pair of twats, but the midfield will undoubtedly be better without him. Rangers were playing some good football before he got fit again. I disagree that a lot of Rangers fans will be happy cos most of them still believe the hype about him.

It just strengthens my argument that Ferguson is a complete moron, not that anyone was disagreeing with me. :)

i remember adrian durham (who i despise by default cos he's peterboro united fan) on talksport harping on about how england were going to win the 2006 world cup and should fear no-one. it is the sheer arrogance of people like him on tv and radio going on and on about how great england are. well now spain have won the euro championship, england are now the biggest underachievers of the so called bigger teams in europe! i used to support england quite passionately but now i really dont give a shit, my energy is much more geared towards my club team nowadays. i hate the way people like durham and alan green (who aint even english) go on and on about how great england are, well they're not that great. yes capello has started well but even i would fancy qualifying from that group meself! i'm not wholly in favour of foreign managers for national teams but considoring what a disaster mclaren was, its not suprising. still capello doesnt really give a fuck at the end of the day, i'm sure he'll do the best he can but if he fails it will no suprise and its a nice little pay day before he retires. he'll get england to the quarter finals only to lose on pens as usual!

I always find the bottom of the Premiership much more exciting than the top come the last few games of the season. The top is usually done and dusted by the last day, but the bottom usually goes to the last game, sometimes even the last minute.

Agreed, although last years title race went down to the very last game, with second half kick off's being delayed to make sure they were being played simultaneously. It was pretty tense.

This years relegation battle really will be exciting if things keep going the way they are. Things are pretty tight from about 8th to 19th, and only West Brom seem certain for the drop. No one outside of the Uefa cup places seem comfortable by any means. A dip in form or an injury could have a top half club fighting pretty hard.

ManYoo should have had the title wrapped up though. They are crumbling like Newcastle did circa 96 when they were 10 points clear. I hope Fergie goes on a "I'd love it if we beat them" type rant live on Telly.

Good grief, I hate Steven Gerrard. I'll watch this when I get home. It will please me, that hypocritical diving little wendy.

It's a good job I don't really folow Engurlurrrnd, or I'd have to try to be quite fond of him AND Lampard, who I'm pretty sure even his Mum is sick of being pointed at.

Wow, no sympathy for the Hun pair, but a bit over the top perhaps?

V signs aside, apparently a load of other player only stopped drinking 20 minutes before them anyway.

I just wonder what happens now if Craig Gordon gets injured.

apparently there were about 8 of them, the problem seems to be the rest were appologetic whilst ferguson and mcknob didnt really seem to be bothered they had been caught and showed a lack of respect to burley. Ive said it earlier but there does seem to be an issue with rangers players and scotland, im not entirely sure why.

Ive got no sympathy for them tho, they should know better and the hand gestures towards the camera's are toys out of the pram kinda actions, they should never play for scotland again as far as im concerned.

How stupid could they possibly be?! I was kinda giving them the benefit of the doubt over the drinking incident, because you know what the tabloids are like. But the more I see the images from Wednesday the worse it gets!!

Good on Walter Smith etc for making a strong decision. Barry has been a waste of space since he returned. I really thought McGregor could become the no1 goalkeeper for years, but he just couldn't keep himself out of the media spotlight. Just not good enough for players that are admired by young fans!