aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Lee Miller is in court today for driving at 120mph and doing 90 in a 40 zone.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Striker ready for speeding trial

That's ridiculous - what a twat.

Aside from that though I rate Miller as a player, I'd like to see more of him in a Scotland shirt. I think he merits at least a regular place in the squad, with the opportunity to prove himself on the pitch. He does a great job of holding the ball up, linking up play and wins so much in the air. He's got great hair too.

That's ridiculous - what a twat.

Aside from that though I rate Miller as a player, I'd like to see more of him in a Scotland shirt. I think he merits at least a regular place in the squad, with the opportunity to prove himself on the pitch. He does a great job of holding the ball up, linking up play and wins so much in the air. He's got great hair too.

id agree i think he is the only one in the dons squad worth the step up, he has had a great season play wise although he doesnt score enough for my liking,

I would have liked to see Riordan get called up, he's been doing well and has scored more goals than Clarkson and Fletcher this season.

Plus there would be no danger of him breaking curfew and drinking as he's not allowed in any fucking pubs.

Someone mentioned Paul Le Guen as well, didn't he state there was a drinking culture among the players at Rangers and were often turning up hungover? Maybe he had a point.

he definately had a point, i loved the day he got sacked, he would have started a revoloution at the huns i think and getting rid of them made sure they would be stuck in the position they are in now.

Possibly, but there are two words that cast doubt on this theory that Le Guen knew what he was doing:

Filip ebo.

Agreed, although I do think Carrick had some cracking moments. I'm missing Hargreaves though, amazing work rate.

Carrick is hit and miss. Sometimes his opening up of the back four is exceptional, but he's been less consistent this year, and has given away possession alot more than you'd want from a holding midfielder.

Hargreaves is superb. Never stops running. I just wish he wasn't so fragile. He's a pleasure to watch.

which position is that?

3 points behind celtic in the league, last years uefa finalist, league cup finalists and in scottish cup semi??

hard times indeed

I see what your saying but for a club like rangers with the resources they have this is a poor time in their history in terms of success and quality of team.

If PLG had been given longer I really do think that season would have been the biggest failure. The problem of being a manager at the Old Firm is that results must come quickly... and for him they just didn't.

On the Ferguson thing - he is most definitely overrated and he's stifling the midfield. If he wasn't playing I really think that Mendes and Davis would shine! I doubt he's non-appearance would be noticed! The same applies to Scotland, we'll survive without him.

On a side note, I was driving home from work tonight and saw a mini bus of Scotland fans parked at the side of the road... closely followed by about 8-10 Scotland fans with their kilts on having a pee at the verge (the road was busy which made it all the more amusing.

I almost shit myself when I heard Big Al was our manager this morning. This can be nothing but a positive move at this point. If we're relegated then he's not going to get all of the blame (for reasons I don't even need to go into) but if he manages to keep us up then he'll be even more of a hero at the club than he already is.

He is exactly what we need at this point. Unlike certain other twats who've managed us recently he knows the club and what it means to the area. He's black and white through and through and he's in it for the club's benefit and not to boost his bank balance. This is what separates him from JFK, Hughton and Calderwood. He's got bite and backbone and he'll get the players fighting and earning their paycheque which is something that's been sorely missing from the team recently.

Howay the lads. We can stay up. Of course we fucking can.

Oh, Scotland are playing tonight, aren't they? :p

scotland at least showed like they cared last night for a change under burley, the midfield of brown and fletcher was a lot more dynamic without square ball there slowing things down and McCormack and Morrison look very decent players, Kenny Miller is still shocking tho. He is like the slightly better off mans Darren Makie.

scotland at least showed like they cared last night for a change under burley, the midfield of brown and fletcher was a lot more dynamic without square ball there slowing things down and McCormack and Morrison look very decent players, Kenny Miller is still shocking tho. He is like the slightly better off mans Darren Makie.

Agreed, the midfield was great so as predicted yesterday Ferguson's behaviour has turned out to be a real boon.

Doing the scratchy-face-giving-the-Vs-thingy was uber childish as well and both should be bansished to the subs bench unless we have inhjuries and get really desperate.

Agreed, the midfield was great so as predicted yesterday Ferguson's behaviour has turned out to be a real boon.

Doing the scratchy-face-giving-the-Vs-thingy was uber childish as well and both should be bansished to the subs bench unless we have inhjuries and get really desperate.

Yeah id say the same unless one of those two is injured he should not start, especially after what has happened, him and that smug scunt Mcgregor, i hate that guy, he is an average at best keeper and one of the billy boys, i was so glad to see him dropped, saying that gordon had a fine game when he was called into action, so much more dominate in the box when coming for cross balls. Hutton was a warrior as well, best part of 8 months out and played like he has never missed a game, and had the legs to get through 90 mins.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I only saw the first half last night, but have to say Scotland for the most part looked like they wanted to play a bit. Thought McCormack and Morrison both looked really hungry for action and willing to get involved. Brown and Fletcher didn't dominate the midfield like I would have hoped, but the defence looked solid, and Gordon dominated his box better than McGregor ever could. Hutton's run for the first goal was simply brilliant. I fucking love Hutton - I forgot how good he was before he got injured. He's not a patch on Broadfoot though ;)

Why is Kenny Miller a professional footballer exactly??