aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Just to join in the shock trend; I'm also in shock about how much England fans are claiming they love the new shirt. It's bad. All white is bad. It really needs a red or navy trim or navy blue shorts, or they just all look like chef's. The lettering and numbering on the back is also bad, but at least it's not as bad as Scotland's.

I'm surprised Engurlurrrnd fans like it though. They've moaned about every shirt for about 10 years.

International Exhibition Soccerball continues tomorrow evening.

I'm expecting an Engurlurrrnd upset at the hands of Ukraine tomorrow. I feel they are due. Their gap at the top is quite substanial, so they could get complacent, where as Ukraine need to stay in it. Besides, the qualifiers never go this smoothly for them, and it's been a while since the red-top media have aquainted Capello with the uneccesary pressure of STEVIE AND LAMPS CAN'T PLAY TOGETHER!!! LOOK AT THE STATS!!!

They look likely to go through anyway, but I can't say I'm bothered either way. The World Cup is all about the neutral penalty shoot outs and watching Ronaldinho become less of a footballer and more of an embarassing celebrity.

and its live on ITV, england usually do quite poor when they're on ITV which is another reason why the company should never be allowed anywhere near football coverage (of course the rest of the home nations supporters won't agree with me there!).

Oh god, is it? Why don't the BBC have any live football now? ITV commentary is embarassing. David Pleat is an absolute lunatic with the personality and intelligence of a plank, and not in an entertaining way like listening to Mark Lawrenson; which is only entertaining because he just fucking hates football. Football to Mark Lawrenson is his 9-5. Like all of us, he just hates his job and hates football. But he pulls up his socks, and gets on with talking about free live football. Bravery isn't even the word. Courageous. Heroic. Saint Lawrenson.

What's even more entertaining is that whilst Lawro is slitting his own wrists to his most despised sport on earth, Moston is completely losing his marbles in the seat next to him. He's already got about 5 different ways of pronouncing Mascherano and Xavi Alonso, and seems to think it's a great save when a keeper stands still and catches a ball flying right at him by merely cupping his arms. It's only a matter of time now before Lawro caves Motson's head in and broadcasts his last words live on the air before nuking Wembley with everyone inside.

I probably answered my own question as to why BBC doesn't have much live football anymore.

• Upvote 1

Oh god, is it? Why don't the BBC have any live football now? ITV commentary is embarassing. David Pleat is an absolute lunatic with the personality and intelligence of a plank, and not in an entertaining way like listening to Mark Lawrenson; which is only entertaining because he just fucking hates football. Football to Mark Lawrenson is his 9-5. Like all of us, he just hates his job and hates football. But he pulls up his socks, and gets on with talking about free live football. Bravery isn't even the word. Courageous. Heroic. Saint Lawrenson.

What's even more entertaining is that whilst Lawro is slitting his own wrists to his most despised sport on earth, Moston is completely losing his marbles in the seat next to him. He's already got about 5 different ways of pronouncing Mascherano and Xavi Alonso, and seems to think it's a great save when a keeper stands still and catches a ball flying right at him by merely cupping his arms. It's only a matter of time now before Lawro caves Motson's head in and broadcasts his last words live on the air before nuking Wembley with everyone inside.

I probably answered my own question as to why BBC doesn't have much live football anymore.

Remember the world cup when Alan Hansen and Martin O'Neill just argued about everything? That was annoying.

the great brian clough was a pundit at a world cup once, 82 i think and he had a heated discussion with mick channon and i always remember clough saying 'you stiched me channon'

why the hell do the bbc get graham '2nd worst england manager ever behind steve mclaren' taylor to co-commentate most england games??? he aint exactly in a good position to critique the current england boss considoring how hopeless he was in the job!

still the beeb piss all over itv when it comes to footy coverage and its annoying as a license payer how little live football they actually have but at least they still have motd/motd 2 which as a non subscriber to satellite is essential viewing. but i did read the bbc have got live rights to the football league, nae sure how many games they plan to show or when it starts.

Guest idol_wild
the great brian clough was a pundit at a world cup once, 82 i think and he had a heated discussion with mick channon and i always remember clough saying 'you stiched me channon'

why the hell do the bbc get graham '2nd worst england manager ever behind steve mclaren' taylor to co-commentate most england games??? he aint exactly in a good position to critique the current england boss considoring how hopeless he was in the job!

still the beeb piss all over itv when it comes to footy coverage and its annoying as a license payer how little live football they actually have but at least they still have motd/motd 2 which as a non subscriber to satellite is essential viewing. but i did read the bbc have got live rights to the football league, nae sure how many games they plan to show or when it starts.

I actually think Graham Taylor makes a fine pundit - though I think I'm in the minority. I listen to BBC 5live a lot and he always seems to talk measured sense and fails to get carried away the same way that some other pundits and commentators tend to.

He only failed with England because he was poorly advised, remember ;)

i'm still in shock that emile heskey scored for england although a friendly against slovakia doesn't really count in my book!

Did you actually see the goal, poor old Heskey didn't have a clue where the ball was so it doesn't really count in my book either.

He's mince. Personally I'd send MON for a brain scan right now, I wouldn't give you my toe-nail clippings for Heskey never mind what Villa paid.