aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Mega hungover today...

Bad result, okish performance, unlucky with some key refereeing decisions. Like Scorge I had Macedonia down for a win; 125 better off today is soothing the pain.

Still remaining positive, and hoping we get back on track against Iceland on wednesday. Noticed they got a draw against Norway o_O

Today's Evening Express

Lee Miller is accused of driving a car, with the registration plate L33 MRL, at speeds of up to 120mph in a 70mph zone.

What's worse... the reckless driving... or terrible number plate? Is his middle name MeRyL?

Just to follow up on this, I spotted Scotland cap and professional athelete Lee Miller coming out of Asda at Garthdee on Friday carrying a MacDonalds takeaway (:rolleyes:).

I made a point of seeing what his numberplate was and it was indeed L33 MRL.

Maybe it was his once a month takeaway treat...... :rolleyes:

Maybe. I just think that there are loads of people out there (myself included) who would love to have been blessed with the talent to be a professional footballer. You would think that, in those circumstances, they would be able to stay away from booze/fags/fast-food for the short duration of their playing career in order to make the most of the talent they've been given (they can always let themselves go a la Alan Brazil/Bobby Williamson/Jimmy Calderwood after they retire).

And yet I saw Lee Miller in MacDonalds and just about every week you can see Dons players out on the piss in town. :down:

Maybe. I just think that there are loads of people out there (myself included) who would love to have been blessed with the talent to be a professional footballer. You would think that, in those circumstances, they would be able to stay away from booze/fags/fast-food for the short duration of their playing career in order to make the most of the talent they've been given (they can always let themselves go a la Alan Brazil/Bobby Williamson/Jimmy Calderwood after they retire).

And yet I saw Lee Miller in MacDonalds and just about every week you can see Dons players out on the piss in town. :down:

I used to serve them quite often in the bar i work at it. Never quite felt right.

What a load of rubbish. Ask any sports nutritionist or similar and they'll tell you its fine to have one unhealthy day a week, its shocks the body and stops it becoming immune to the training they put in the rest of the week.

As for the drinkin, whats the point of being a footballer if you can't go out, get pissed and use your 'fame' to get laid :up:

just about every week you can see Dons players out on the piss in town. :down:

That's because they think that they're some sort of celebrity.

It's not just Dons players, but at least they stay out of trouble (well, trouble the media don't catch onto) unlike high profile Celtic players a few weeks back.

Obviously they've got to have lives, but their situation is completely different to the normal Joe on the street. A little discretion is needed at times.

It's not just Dons players, but at least they stay out of trouble (well, trouble the media don't catch onto) unlike high profile Celtic players a few weeks back.

Not sure who you're talking about, do you mean Lennon? 'Cause he's not a player anymore so I guess he can do what he likes.

Not sure who you're talking about, do you mean Lennon? 'Cause he's not a player anymore so I guess he can do what he likes.

I was speaking about Brown, McGeady and O'Dea...

Going into a busy club in Glasgow and being a bit bolshy is never going to go down well, regardless of which side of the Old Firm they play for.

I was speaking about Brown, McGeady and O'Dea...

Going into a busy club in Glasgow and being a bit bolshy is never going to go down well, regardless of which side of the Old Firm they play for.

Yeah, fools.

I've seen Kenny Miller a few times in Sportsters in Edinburgh, but he sensibly keeps his head down.

Oh, and he's surprisingly short.