aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

I personally don't think Dundee United fans have unreasonable expectations. Top 6 is reasonable. No-one is under any illusions that we're going to be title-chasers at any point soon.

Levein has a good ethic and understanding of the game and is laying the foundations for the club right now. We've not had stability in a long time, now we have. The results aren't coming our way right now, but sometime's the game is like that. I don't think we've played particularly badly this season, just not very well.

No-one in Scotland is more fickle than an Aberdeen fan. :up:

From what I have seen Utd have played pretty well most games and are creating chances, its a shame that they are not taking much out of it, Levein has to change that.

Aberdeen are easily the 2nd worst team in the league behind st mirren for me. I'd like them to do well, but their football is yuck, the goals they score are generally pish, they are far too inconsistent and they are a very distinctly average team.

Ok then, here's the final squad list...

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen)

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley)

Darren Barr (Falkirk)

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Callum Davidson (Preston North End) rated doubtful

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City) rated doubtful

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers)

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Kris Commons (Derby County)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Celtic)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) rated doubtful

Barry Robson (Celtic)

Kevin Thomson (Rangers)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

David Clarkson (Motherwell)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Kenny Miller (Rangers)

So this will probably be the lineup:

------------------------------------------------------Gordon---------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander-------------------------Caldwell-----------------McManus-------------------------------Naysmith

------------------------------------------------------Hartley----------------------------------------------------------------

Brown-------------------------Fletcher-------------------------------------------------------------------Morrison

----------------------------------------------------------------------McFadden------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------Miller-----------------------------------------------------------------

Happy enough with that. As I think we can hold out at 0-0 for 60mins, and put on the likes of Commons, Maloney and Robson, who'll do some damage with the set pieces and crosses to sneak a 0-1.

Ok then, here's the final squad list...

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)

Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen)

Defenders

Darren Barr (Falkirk)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers) rated useless

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic)

Kris Commons (Derby County)

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United)

Paul Hartley (Celtic)

Shaun Maloney (Celtic)

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) rated doubtful

Barry Robson (Celtic)

Kevin Thomson (Rangers)

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers)

David Clarkson (Motherwell)

James McFadden (Birmingham City)

Kenny Miller (Rangers)

So this will probably be the lineup:

Fixed

8 chars

Are you actually having a laugh?!

I mean he's been 'reliable' for us for a while... But he doesn't merit that, regardless of how much effort he puts in!

A gers pal of mine is astounded he gets a game as "he can't even take a throw in". What the hell is he doing in the Scotland sqaud?!!!!!! Must be a Mason! Burley now a suspect of being mental!:swearing:

I just lost even more interest in the national team

Broadfoot rated useless

Fixed

After you mentioned Derek Young and Lee Mair impressing enough for a Scotland squad call up, your opinion is considered null and void. At least until you sober up :love:

I'll 100% back whoever plays in a Scotland jersey, even if it's the likes of Clubfoot and Clangers. You canna choose your country and all that. Just be glad neither of them are going to get anywhere near the first 11 when our full team are fit and available.

From what I have seen Utd have played pretty well most games and are creating chances, its a shame that they are not taking much out of it, Levein has to change that.

Aberdeen are easily the 2nd worst team in the league behind st mirren for me. I'd like them to do well, but their football is yuck, the goals they score are generally pish, they are far too inconsistent and they are a very distinctly average team.

I would agree in part about the Dons for most of last season but toward the end they started to get to grips with, erm, playing football. Things already looking better this season apart from, so far, lacking a talented striker that can score exciting entry fee worthy goals. I'll take a goal in any shape or form and having a good defensive line playing well is still good football. Just not tv highlight good.

Ok, here we go...

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland) - Yes

Allan McGregor (Rangers) - Yes

Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen) - Get tae fuck, no way should this fat cunt be selected ahead of REAL keepers

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley) - No

Darren Barr (Falkirk) - Who?

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) - Mibbe

Gary Caldwell (Celtic) - Yes

Callum Davidson (Preston North End) - You're joking!

Stephen McManus (Celtic) - Yes

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City) - Yes

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United) - Fuck off

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers) - Some cunt's taking the pish

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic) - Yes

Kris Commons (Derby County) - Who he?

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) - Yes

Paul Hartley (Celtic) - Yes

Shaun Maloney (Celtic) -Yes

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) - ...the fuck?

Barry Robson (Celtic) - Yes

Kevin Thomson (Rangers) - Yes

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers) - Yes

David Clarkson (Motherwell) - Yes

James McFadden (Birmingham City) - Yes

Kenny Miller (Rangers) - ...and....y...e...s

Aye, we aren't taking whats there for us, but we still haven't settled from the loss of Barry Robson, Mark Kerr and Noel Hunt and we haven't really replaced them. Sandaza looks strong but it'll take him time to settle as it will with Sala. I'm very impressed with Paul Dixon and Roy O'Donovan, but not so sure about Feeney.

I hope we get Willo Flood permanently at the end of the season as well as he's a cracking wee player.

Players like Bauben and Gomis have suffered since Robson left as they now have no experienced midfielder to look up to/learn from. We just don't have a solid experienced midfielder at the moment to hold things together.

Levein is definitely the man for the job though. Eddie's mellowed a bit and i think he's a bit more realistic these days. We haven't been unrealistic about our goals since the hard dunt of relegation shook some sense into us. I'm glad we didn't qualify for Europe either as i don't think we're strong enough yet to compete at that level.

Ok, here we go...

Goalkeepers

Craig Gordon (Sunderland) - Yes

Allan McGregor (Rangers) - Yes

Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen) - Get tae fuck, no way should this fat cunt be selected ahead of REAL keepers

Defenders

Graham Alexander (Burnley) - No ARE YOU MENTAL? HAD RIBERY TWICE IN HIS BACK POCKET AND ALWAYS ANSWERED THE CALL.

Darren Barr (Falkirk) - Who? GOOD PROSPECT AT FALKIRK, WHO DIDN'T LOOK OUT OF PLACE ON AUG 20TH

Christophe Berra (Heart of Midlothian) - Mibbe

Gary Caldwell (Celtic) - Yes

Callum Davidson (Preston North End) - You're joking!

Stephen McManus (Celtic) - Yes

Kevin McNaughton (Cardiff City) - Yes

Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United) - Fuck off PAST HIS BEST, BUT WE'VE GOT NO-ONE EVEN CLOSE TO REPLACING HIM IN TERMS OF EXPERIENCE OR ABILITY... YET

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers) - Some cunt's taking the pish DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CALL UP, BUT HIS VERSATILITY AS A LB OR CB IS NEEDED FOR THESE GAMES

Midfield

Scott Brown (Celtic) - Yes

Kris Commons (Derby County) - Who he? OLD SCHOOL LEFT WINGER WITH A FANTASTIC CROSS AND GOOD SKILL. SCORED A GOAL EVERY 3 GAMES, ALL FROM MIDFIELD, THROUGHOUT HIS CAREER. LOOKED EXCELLENT AGAINST N.IRELAND

Darren Fletcher (Manchester United) - Yes

Paul Hartley (Celtic) - Yes

Shaun Maloney (Celtic) -Yes

James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) - ...the fuck? LOOKED GOOD AGAINST CZECH AND HAS FANTASTIC EUROPEAN AND EPL EXPERIENCE ALREADY, DESPITE HIS YOUNG AGE. PACE AND SKILL TO BURN.

Barry Robson (Celtic) - Yes

Kevin Thomson (Rangers) - Yes

Forwards

Kris Boyd (Rangers) - Yes

David Clarkson (Motherwell) - Yes

James McFadden (Birmingham City) - Yes

Kenny Miller (Rangers) - ...and....y...e...s

There's my thoughts...

No-one in Scotland is more fickle than an Aberdeen fan. :up:

Um, I give to you.....the Orc. Only Rangers fans would be calling for the head of the manager and chairman after winning two cups, losing the league on the last day and making the UEFA Cup final in the same season.

The mentality of the Rangers fan cracks me up...they firmly believe, a-la Newcastle, that they are a MASSIVE club, but their decent players only sign as a stepping stone to the Premiership. And their fans turn on the manager who has brought success just a year after the Le Guen fiasco because he bought Khenny Mhiller.

I never thought I'd say this, but I feel a little sorry for (t)Wattie Smith. He should be revered by their fans, but they want him to GTF, all because of Kaunas and Mhiller.

Still, makes me smile!

Love from Christy

Um, I give to you.....the Orc. Only Rangers fans would be calling for the head of the manager and chairman after winning two cups, losing the league on the last day and making the UEFA Cup final in the same season.

The mentality of the Rangers fan cracks me up...they firmly believe, a-la Newcastle, that they are a MASSIVE club, but their decent players only sign as a stepping stone to the Premiership. And their fans turn on the manager who has brought success just a year after the Le Guen fiasco because he bought Khenny Mhiller.

I never thought I'd say this, but I feel a little sorry for (t)Wattie Smith. He should be revered by their fans, but they want him to GTF, all because of Kaunas and Mhiller.

Still, makes me smile!

Love from Christy

Err, Rangers are a massive club. They are 19th on the highest income list for last season with a revenue of 103 million, they played in a major european cup final. No matter how much i hate the cunt-faced, blue nosed, bigoted, ref dodging, penalty dodging fucks that doesn't change the fact that they're massive.

Their fans are stupid but they expect because Rangers are capable of delivering the league and all the cups. Aberdeen can't, that's why their fans are worse, yet they expect everything there and then on a tiny operating budget. Aberdeen fans are royally unrealistic and very, very fickle. If the Aberdeen fans on here are a good representation of Aberdeen fans in general then they are indeed a fickle bunch.

I'm still trying to work out which pub to go to on Saturday for the game.

Opinions please!

:up:

I'm going to be in Cupar, so am already on various TA boards looking for pub suggestions in that place. Should be interesting...

Usually if i'm in Aberdeen for an afternoon kick off game, it involves a 11am meet in TK's or Ma's to get good seats and food. Otherwise Priory is great for big screen, atmosphere and cheap drinks. Haven't seen a win there yet though :down:

Today's Evening Express

Lee Miller is accused of driving a car, with the registration plate L33 MRL, at speeds of up to 120mph in a 70mph zone.

What's worse... the reckless driving... or terrible number plate? Is his middle name MeRyL?

Lol, that was what I thought, I hope it was a typo on the part of the EE. Otherwise it's a really crap number plate.

I hate crap atempts at making words out of number plates. Saw a lassie the other day with S11 SEN. Now, there was a black screw in between the two "1"s, so it looked a bit like SU SEN.

But I'm willing to bet she was christened Susan. :down:

And don't get me started on that wanker that drives around with P11 TOS...

Err, Rangers are a massive club. They are 19th on the highest income list for last season with a revenue of 103 million, they played in a major european cup final. No matter how much i hate the cunt-faced, blue nosed, bigoted, ref dodging, penalty dodging fucks that doesn't change the fact that they're massive.

Their fans are stupid but they expect because Rangers are capable of delivering the league and all the cups. Aberdeen can't, that's why their fans are worse, yet they expect everything there and then on a tiny operating budget. Aberdeen fans are royally unrealistic and very, very fickle. If the Aberdeen fans on here are a good representation of Aberdeen fans in general then they are indeed a fickle bunch.

Darn your right. What I reckon I need to do is support half a dozen teams so at least one of them will be the upper echelons of some league somewhere.

Darn your right. What I reckon I need to do is support half a dozen teams so at least one of them will be the upper echelons of some league somewhere.

Haha, whatever. As a mental note for you none of the 3 teams (in completely different countries) i support have had a ridiculously good start to the current season. I'm not bitching about it like a lassie with sand up her chuff like you lot though ;)

I think you may have missed my point entirely.

Yup!

and note, we or should I say they have had an okay start to the season. compared to last years we will be winning the league and have another couple of cups to boot at this rate. Call us unrelasitic will ye? Pah! We have Sone Aluko now and he according to many he is the second coming of Christ. So watch out!

Yup!

and note, we or should I say they have had an okay start to the season. compared to last years we will be winning the league and have another couple of cups to boot at this rate. Call us unrelasitic will ye? Pah! We have Sone Aluko now and he according to many he is the second coming of Christ. So watch out!

I say 3rd/4th place for Aberdeen this season with no runs past the quarter-finals in any of the cups. That's realistic.

At least, unlike most Aberdeen fans, you're optimistic ;)

Defenders

Darren Barr (Falkirk)

Gary Caldwell (Celtic)

Stephen McManus (Celtic)

Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers)

And there we have several good reasons for me to go to Huntly v. Keith at Christie Park instead of watching the Scotland game.