aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest idol_wild
Jimmy Bullard has been called up to the England squad....desperate times!

Jimmy Bullard is underrated and, in my opinion, a valuable addition to the England squad. Do you ever watch Fulham? He runs the show.

Guest idol_wild

Regarding Lee Miller - he was already on his way down due to a slip, but there was definite contact. In my book, no penalty and no booking for Miller - it certainly wasn't a dive.

The reaction of the St Mirren defender riled me though. I'm glad Lee Miller just let him be and made him look stupid for going mental.

Jimmy Bullard is underrated and, in my opinion, a valuable addition to the England squad. Do you ever watch Fulham? He runs the show.

Yes i do watch Fulham, i like Bullard, hard working player, but he does lack any real quality to his game. He also likes to take shots from 40 yards at least twice a game, but i suppose that is no different from a certain Mr Lampard.

Guest idol_wild
Yes i do watch Fulham, i like Bullard, hard working player, but he does lack any real quality to his game. He also likes to take shots from 40 yards at least twice a game, but i suppose that is no different from a certain Mr Lampard.

He's one of the best passers in the EPL in my opinion. I also think he's as good as the likes of Carrick in every department, but also has the ability to whip in superb deliveries from corners and free-kicks.

Thumbs up, I say. :up:

Seeing as I'm keeping on your good side, Bri....I'll be your google-monkey...

Craig Hignett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hignett was a good player, I seem to remember him doing pretty well after he left us. The circumstances of him leaving were a bit wierd though, first of all I remember him saying that he didn't like Alex Miller's training methods (swimming at 6 in the morning or something) and then there was also something wierd going on with him missing his kid and gangsters wanting to break his legs.

Good bit of business anyway, we got him on a free then sold him a month later for 800k or something. :up:

But then Miller went and blew 300k of it on Nigel Pepper. :down:

As for the result yesterday, I can't ever remember being happy about a Rangers victory before, but I was really happy for Kenny Miller. And even then it's only because it's a "GTF" for some of Rangers' knuckle dragging fans.

He's one of the best passers in the EPL in my opinion. I also think he's as good as the likes of Carrick in every department, but also has the ability to whip in superb deliveries from corners and free-kicks.

Lets not go overboard here! While i do think Bullard is a decent player, he lacks the finesse of a top midfield player, a bit of a headless chicken at times. To compare him with Carrick is madness! Carrick is one of the most assured ball players ive seen! His set plays are decent though, i agree, but he wont get a look in with Beckham, Lampard, Rooney etc....even if he gets a look in on the pitch at all.

Hignett was a good player, I seem to remember him doing pretty well after he left us. The circumstances of him leaving were a bit wierd though, first of all I remember him saying that he didn't like Alex Miller's training methods (swimming at 6 in the morning or something) and then there was also something wierd going on with him missing his kid and gangsters wanting to break his legs.

Good bit of business anyway, we got him on a free then sold him a month later for 800k or something. :up:

But then Miller went and blew 300k of it on Nigel Pepper. :down:

As for the result yesterday, I can't ever remember being happy about a Rangers victory before, but I was really happy for Kenny Miller. And even then it's only because it's a "GTF" for some of Rangers' knuckle dragging fans.

In all honesty I felt the same but mainly because if he is going to be upfront for Scotland he will at least have some added confidence now which we really need. All at Shitbrox will be saying that they never doubted Miller now.

Kenny Miller gets an undue amount of stick in my opinion. He's actually not got a terrible goalscoring record for any of the clubs he's played for or at International level.

His real strengths are in his hold-up play/providing for another striker and his work-rate and stamina.

What Scotland need is another McFadden, someone capable of being an out and out striker. I think given a bit of time Steven Fletcher might be the man for the job.

As a group of forwards Scotland could do a lot worse than McFadden, Miller, O'Connor and Fletcher.

Kenny Miller gets an undue amount of stick in my opinion. He's actually not got a terrible goalscoring record for any of the clubs he's played for or at International level.

His real strengths are in his hold-up play/providing for another striker and his work-rate and stamina.

I agree - he does fall into "heidless chicken" territory at times, but his workrate is exceptional.

Guest idol_wild
Killie have drawn the Dons at the Theatre of Pies in the CIS Cup 3rd round.

Should be an interesting tie, if we can keep up out recent good form.

Aberdeen have a terrible record down there. If Kilmarnock are serious about the CIS Cup, then they will win the tie comfortably.

So it's believed that Berbatov is currently discussing terms with Manchester.....CITY o_O

This could be the weirdest/ best/ most hilarious transfer in a long time. The whole summer has been full of nothing but hype which became tedious months ago, but if this deal comes off it will have been worth it. I'd love to see Fergie's reaction.

Saying that he'll probably still end up signing for utd at 2359hrs