aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Rumours abound that Keegan walked out of Newcastle last night, and not just because it was time to go home at the end of the day.

That job just HAS to be the biggest poisoned chalice - bar none - in club football.

Great stadium, one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases outside of Parkhead, decent funds and yet season after season they under-achieve.

Go on Clangers! He won't get a game like, but it's good to see some Dons boys in the squad. Diamond next! If Diamond, Severin and Lee Miller played for Rangers they'd be first choice for Scotland. I think we have a few players worthy of a look from Mr Burley at the moment, Mulgrew in particular has looked impressive, and ridicule if you wish, but I've been impressed with Lee Mair and Derek Young.

As for Anderson, I was just saying the same thing yesterday, I could see him coming back to Celtic, or god forbid, even rangers, as soon as he did he would walk straight into the Scotland squad. With Sunderland signing Ferdinand, he's played his last game for Sunderland that much is obvious.

Go on Clangers! He won't get a game like, but it's good to see some Dons boys in the squad. Diamond next!

Aye, he's minging and is probably the most un-athletic player at that level.

I think I posted this before, but last year, a crowd of us were playing 7's at Strikers. The Dons were training on the pitch beforehand and finished up doing "beep" runs (or whatever they're called now) - where you run between two lines to the frequency of a beep, which gets faster each time time, until you've done up to 21 cycles.

Most players chucked it at 15, Brewster and a few other made 18, Bebo was still running while the rest were in the showers....

....Langfield was on his knees at......3

Even an old crock like me can manage 15 regularly.

As for Anderson, I was just saying the same thing yesterday, I could see him coming back to Celtic, or god forbid, even rangers, as soon as he did he would walk straight into the Scotland squad. With Sunderland signing Ferdinand, he's played his last game for Sunderland that much is obvious.

Well, it was pretty obvious he had played his last game (did he ever play a full game? I remember him giving away a penalty minutes after coming on as a sub one time) when he signed a loan deal for the duration of the rest of his contract. ;)

I just thought that the huns might have come in for him after Cuellar left, would put him in a bit of a dilemma for sure.

Well, it was pretty obvious he had played his last game (did he ever play a full game? I remember him giving away a penalty minutes after coming on as a sub one time) when he signed a loan deal for the duration of the rest of his contract. ;)

I just thought that the huns might have come in for him after Cuellar left, would put him in a bit of a dilemma for sure.

I remember him playing in 2 matches, one was the opening game of the premiership, he came off the bench and gave away a penalty against Birmingham or Wigan, can't remember which, then he played from the start when they got knocked out of the cup by Luton Town!

I think he'll do well at Burnley once he gets a run of games, he did well at Plymouth last year, but the fans hated him.

Anderson's found his level now. Doesn't have the height or pace to be a decent EPL centre half.

As for Broadfoot, Christy's correct - Whittaker's a much better option.

As a Dons fan, Langfield being in the squad can only be a good thing. He's never going to get a sniff of any action, yet the fact he's been included can only do good things for his confidence. And he very much is a player who needs confidence to play well.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Newcastle | Newcastle hold talks with Keegan

Seems to me that leaving now, citing lack of funds, would be a good way for him to retain some dignity.

So who's going to take the job now? Many managers have tried to turn the club around, but the fans want trophies, attractive football, and they want it IMMEDIATELY. Deluded Geordie fucks. Of course they'll want a world-class international manager as well.

Mike Ashley should get on the blower to Eddie Thompson about a Craig Levein - Kevin Keegan jobswap .....after all, they are definitely the two most un-manageable clubs in Britain. Why would anyone take the Dundee Utd or Newcastle job? Unreasonable expectations from the deluded fans, chairmen who can't secure their best players on decent contracts...it's a sure-fire way to lose your reputation quickly.

The most amusing thing is that Levein seems to be immune from criticism. Two wins in eighteeen league matches? Brewster got the sack for a similar run of results.

Love from Christy

Mike Ashley should get on the blower to Eddie Thompson about a Craig Levein - Kevin Keegan jobswap .....after all, they are definitely the two most un-manageable clubs in Britain. Why would anyone take the Dundee Utd or Newcastle job? Unreasonable expectations from the deluded fans, chairmen who can't secure their best players on decent contracts...it's a sure-fire way to lose your reputation quickly.

The most amusing thing is that Levein seems to be immune from criticism. Two wins in eighteeen league matches? Brewster got the sack for a similar run of results.

Love from Christy

I personally don't think Dundee United fans have unreasonable expectations. Top 6 is reasonable. No-one is under any illusions that we're going to be title-chasers at any point soon.

Levein has a good ethic and understanding of the game and is laying the foundations for the club right now. We've not had stability in a long time, now we have. The results aren't coming our way right now, but sometime's the game is like that. I don't think we've played particularly badly this season, just not very well.

No-one in Scotland is more fickle than an Aberdeen fan. :up:

Guest idol_wild

Why don't Newcastle just appoint a good manager for a change, and give him a bloody chance?

I think Allardyce would have done really well there, given the chance.

I remember the day he got sacked, Sky were interviewing random Newcastle fans on the street and one them said:

"Get Keegan in! I'd much rather lose 7-6 every week than win a boring 1-0"

Erm, relegation, mate.

That made me hate everything about Newcastle United FC ten-fold. And I loathed them before that.

Why don't Newcastle just appoint a good manager for a change, and give him a bloody chance?

I think Allardyce would have done really well there, given the chance.

I remember the day he got sacked, Sky were interviewing random Newcastle fans on the street and one them said:

"Get Keegan in! I'd much rather lose 7-6 every week than win a boring 1-0"

Erm, relegation, mate.

That made me hate everything about Newcastle United FC ten-fold. And I loathed them before that.

I'm sure I wrote something prophetic the day he was appointed. Off to search....

This is quite interesting btw.

BBC SPORT | Phil McNulty blog

I'm sure I wrote something prophetic the day he was appointed. Off to search.....

Seems it wasn't me.

Keegan will be sacked by the end of the season.

i've never seen such a deluded football club with unrealistic expectations in my entire life.

it's either going to be the most inspired managerial signing the toon army have made in recent years or turn out to be a total flop. .
The appointment will either turn out to be a masterstroke or an absolute car crash. Obviously I'm hoping that King Kev can pull it all together (which I think he will do in the short term at least), but there is still some doubt lingering in the back of my mind.

realistically we should be challenging for 2nd or 3rd next year with the money ashley has promised

:laughing:

You'll all be shouting for his head within 12 months when it starts going wrong, though........

:up: