aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

The%20Wild%20Bunch.jpg

This film was bloody brilliant. Never seen it before, just got it on one of those "3 DVDs for 10" type deals. The opening fight scene is awesome, the main characters are all bastards and the final shootout is probably one of the longest, bloodiest and most violent I've ever seen.

It's got that "end of an era" type feel to it. Thematically it's about the same as the final scene of The Searchers.

Watched a might brutal disturbing film last night, called Seed. It was bizarre, opening scene with actual footage of dogs being skinned alive...with no relevance to the film what so ever. A lot of weird camera work and gorey murders. It kinda had a storyline, but wasn't very clear and seemed to be overpowered by the violence. Some bits for me a little too much

Would only advise watching if you can handle pointless gore

I watched "What Happens In Vegas" last night. Undoubtedly a chick flick but it had a few laugh out loud moments. Ashton Kutcher actually has really good comic timing and was pretty funny throughout. Cameron Diaz on the other hand was pretty hopeless though. She isn't a good enough actress to be a 'serious' actress, but she isn't funny enough to be a comedy actress. Plus she looked weird and really old in this film.

As chick flicks go it was pretty good, and funny, although the happy ending could be seen coming by the time the opening credits started. Only real criticism is that the whole "battle of the sexes" thing has just been done to death and is a total clich. Really, in 2009 should have a film have 3 whole scenes dedicated to a couple arguing over him leaving the toilet seat up?

Thumbs up

• Upvote 1

I watched "What Happens In Vegas" last night. Undoubtedly a chick flick but it had a few laugh out loud moments. Ashton Kutcher actually has really good comic timing and was pretty funny throughout. Cameron Diaz on the other hand was pretty hopeless though. She isn't a good enough actress to be a 'serious' actress, but she isn't funny enough to be a comedy actress. Plus she looked weird and really old in this film.

As chick flicks go it was pretty good, and funny, although the happy ending could be seen coming by the time the opening credits started. Only real criticism is that the whole "battle of the sexes" thing has just been done to death and is a total clich. Really, in 2009 should have a film have 3 whole scenes dedicated to a couple arguing over him leaving the toilet seat up?

Thumbs up

Can't stand that Diaz bint, never have. Her face is more chewed-up-toffee like than ever in this film That said, it is pretty good for a formulaic rom com.

Watched a might brutal disturbing film last night, called Seed. It was bizarre, opening scene with actual footage of dogs being skinned alive...with no relevance to the film what so ever. A lot of weird camera work and gorey murders. It kinda had a storyline, but wasn't very clear and seemed to be overpowered by the violence. Some bits for me a little too muchWould only advise watching if you can handle pointless gore
you must have a very strong stomach and not be shocked by much! I couldn't watch anything like that. Too much of an animal lover and that would scar me for life!

you must have a very strong stomach and not be shocked by much! I couldn't watch anything like that. Too much of an animal lover and that would scar me for life!

yeah I think it has, it was horrible - I can't watch anything with animals in it...humans yeah no problem...but animals no, luckily it wasnt a theme thru the film, just a weird unconnected clip at the start - defo wouldn't recommend you watch it!

VOTE STEVIE... Win Whiskas for life

I Spit on Your Grave: much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this film has global notoriety for being one of the most graphic films ever, banned for 20 years, heavily edited etc etc. And much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original cut is one of the biggest let-downs ever... just pure crap, and the audio track is appalling! Not worth wasting any time or money on this. 1/10

Intacto: at the opposite end of the scale this wee Spanish gem was much better than I remembered first time round. Based around the idea of luck, and how it can be stolen, it's kind of like The Cooler - only it doesn't suck ass. Mentioned it earlier in the thread and wonder whether anyone else thinks it's as good?

Note: If you do like intacto (or films about luck / gambling / underground betting) another great film to check out is 13 Tzameti. Check out the original before the US re-make comes out...

I Spit on Your Grave: much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this film has global notoriety for being one of the most graphic films ever, banned for 20 years, heavily edited etc etc. And much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original cut is one of the biggest let-downs ever... just pure crap, and the audio track is appalling! Not worth wasting any time or money on this. 1/10

See also Driller Killer.

I watched "The Lives of Others" last night. Excellent movie, I highly recommend this to anyone. Don't let the subtitles put you off, with all good foreign movies you quickly don't notice. No plot mentions in this post but I will say that it's a drama set in East Berlin about 4 years before the wall came down and involves the secret monitoring of some of the leading cultural figures of the time.

I watched "The Lives of Others" last night. Excellent movie, I highly recommend this to anyone. Don't let the subtitles put you off, with all good foreign movies you quickly don't notice. No plot mentions in this post but I will say that it's a drama set in East Berlin about 4 years before the wall came down and involves the secret monitoring of some of the leading cultural figures of the time.

This film is actually amazing. Did a Communist tour in Berlin almost 3 years ago and the tour guide told us about this film because it was making lots of noises in Germany. Needless to say we had to wait another year and a bit until we saw it, but it was worth the wait.

It also won an Oscar!

And most of the methods in the film are true!!

• Upvote 1

This film is actually amazing. Did a Communist tour in Berlin almost 3 years ago and the tour guide told us about this film because it was making lots of noises in Germany. Needless to say we had to wait another year and a bit until we saw it, but it was worth the wait.

It also won an Oscar!

And most of the methods in the film are true!!

Caught this in the Belmont in '07 and was totally surprised. Only thing was, I thought it was a bit long, but to get the characters deep and keep the plot detailed you couldn't really cut much out. Great shame that the lead detective (main character) Ulrich Mhe died not long after the films scooped all the awards... brilliant swansong though! 9/10

I absolutely loved "The Lives of Others" - utterly compelling movie. Incredibly well told story with excellent pace to the action.

I watched "King of Kong" based on all the recommends from here. What a frickin' ace movie! I honestly could not believe how good it was. I started watching "Wrath of Khan" after but fell asleep half way through. Still loved it but just didn't have the stamina...