aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I went to see Star Trek last night. I suppose it was mildly entertaining for an hour and a half with some amusing touches. Having said that, it was pretty dire. I like the way they combined the characters of Star Trek with the plot of the first Star Wars film (big planet-destroying spacecraft that can be attacked by hitting it in the right spot, mystical wise man and quasi-religious culture with young but conflicted acolyte etc.). Or maybe that was just lazy and cliched. It suffered from the same problems as the recent Dr Who revival: no imagination, no new worlds to explore (except as the occasional backdrop) but all about the tedious 'inner turmoils' of the characters. Maybe this was interesting once but now it's very boring. I suppose this is what happens when they let soap-opera writers like RTD and Abrams take over science fiction. Zachary Quinto was pretty bad as Spock too, although it's probably the hardest act to follow. Philip K. Dick once said that God spoke like Leonard Nimoy. Nimoy still does speak like God but I don't think Quinto ever has or ever will.

sounds like you were taking it a wee bit too seriously and comparing FAR too much....it was never going to be on par and exact surely - it's only entertainment for the family!!

Leave Zachary alone haha

sounds like you were taking it a wee bit too seriously and comparing FAR too much....it was never going to be on par and exact surely - it's only entertainment for the family!!

Leave Zachary alone haha

I actually sort of enjoyed it a bit but I think it's very limited as a film. The original series was fun but was also a bit more imaginative and had more ideas.

And Zachary's Spock seemed just like some whiney emo kid to me!

I actually sort of enjoyed it a bit but I think it's very limited as a film. The original series was fun but was also a bit more imaginative and had more ideas.

And Zachary's Spock seemed just like some whiney emo kid to me!

Maybe he was just that prior to many battles with many nemesi (my made up word for plural of nemesis ha ha)

he'll always have the evil of sylar with him in my eyes :)

Cake with Heather Graham...... In my defense I was made to watch it :p.

Oh and before that Army of Darkness fucking amazing movie funny as hell frights action and good old fashioned cheesy lines. Ma'am Im afraid Im going to have to ask you to leave the store -boom-!

One night in Mongcock: the film follows a rookie hitman in the most densely-populated area in the world (Mongcock). It's a pretty good story, the police hunting a hitman, who's hunting a triad gangbanger... so it's pretty cat-and-mouse through the film. More drama than action though, with some awesome edge-of-your-seat suspense, and the typical dose of Asian symbolism and unethical policing chucked in for good measure! Decent enough film. 7/10

Recent viewings:

Sicko - Michael Moore documentary. Better than Farenheit 9/11. Not as good as Bowling For Columbine. Horrendously one-sided, as is the norm for Michael Moore, I still like him though and he's still pretty watchable, despite looking like he's about to die at any minute.

Thumbs middle

Seven Pounds - Will Smith weepie. Good film, but they show the ending right at the start, which kind of destroys the whole film. What could have been one of the all time great and shocking movie plot twists, you already know is going to happen thus completely negating it. Still, a very good film and worth a watch.

Thumbs up

28 Days Later

First time I've watched this and thought it was not bad. I was expecting more though. Got 28 Weeks Later to watch as well, so hopefully it's a bit better.

I liked them both, somehow I think I kinda prefered the second one :) I really like the concept of the film, man-made viruses could be a threat and what would happen! enjoy!

I watched :

The Acid House, again first time in donkeys! forgot how seriously fucked up that film/book is, typical Irvine Welsh, so funny, so minging so wrong! Shite in ma moo, shite in ma moo ha ha :up:

Ghost of Girlfriends just like a rip of of scrooge but with g/fs from past present and future. Very predictable and very boring! :down: