aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I hear they are remaking The Orphange for Hollywood. Shame really, because the original is brilliant but unfortunately much of the English speaking world is too dumb / lazy to read subtitles.

I'm sure I've seen the trailer for the remake and I'm sure it's got a different name and has a girl in the place of the little boy.

There might be some other similar 'scary' film coming out that I've got it confused with!

I'm sure I've seen the trailer for the remake and I'm sure it's got a different name and has a girl in the place of the little boy.

There might be some other similar 'scary' film coming out that I've got it confused with!

Not too sure, but heard it's De Toro directing it, so might have a chance of being good.

I'm not into remakes, but if it wasn't for Ring etc being remade I might not have never discovered Japanese horrors!

Die Hard with a Vengeance! Brilliant.
Probably my fav Die Hard film. Though all of thema re ace. John McLane is a fucking hero.

Watched One Day Removals the other night. Fucking ace. Truly is just fucking ace. If you don't know, it's a film about a couple of removals men in Aberdeen that end up....fucked.

One Day Removals

He's a sweary-movie edit of it...

Probably my fav Die Hard film. Though all of thema re ace. John McLane is a fucking hero.

You're damn right he is! I saw the 4th in the cinema, but watching it again later this week to refresh my memory since I've now seen the originals, then I'll be able to put them in order of favourites. So far it's 1, 3, 2.

i think the majority of it is quiet well known spots you see alot of seaton tillydrone and the beach area near the start
In the director's comentary he mentions that not alot of people will notice that he's taking a stange route to get to Tillydrone. But I can honestly say that I was thinking "he's just gone back on himself. and why the fuck did he go down past Pittodrie to get to Tilly onywhy?"
i wached dodgeball again the other night, such a funny film. The bit where the guy says "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" then hits the geeky boy in the face with the wrench is ace.
PatchesOHoulihan.jpg

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyway cos it's sterile and I like the taste

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

For more local scenery / extras spotting check out the Dubbed And Dangerous Trilogy, three ace kung fu films made in Aberdeen. Some great fighting and really funny as well in places. Plus horror legend Robert Englund who played Freddy Kruger is in one of them!

Also check out Occasional Monsters.

i wached dodgeball again the other night, such a funny film. The bit where the guy says "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" then hits the geeky boy in the face with the wrench is ace.

Patches O'Houlihan is a legend!

"You've got to get that ball and HUMP it into submission!" (makes hip thusting motions in his wheelchair)

Recently watched:

The Boogeyman - low budget horror which was pretty crap. Zero scares and brought absolutely nothing new to the genre at all. It was as if someone wrote down every single horror cliche ever on a series of post it notes, then threw them all at a wall, and then wrote down all the ones that stuck and went "well, that's the script written then". Crap monster and a completely wooden lead.

Thumbs DOWN.

The Duchess - a typical bodice ripper from Keira Knightley. It was pretty good, not Oscar worthy but I enjoyed watching it. Good script, great costumes and really well acted. Not as girly as it sounds.

Thumbs UP

On a sidenote, I can't actually remember the last Keira Knightley film I watched where she DIDN'T get her tits out. I'm actually bored of seeing them.

Mean Girls - Don't care what anyone says, this is a great film. One of my guiltiest pleasures, I've seen it heaps of times. It's like a bubblegum version of Heathers with better looking girls.

Thumbs UP

Mean Girls - Don't care what anyone says, this is a great film. One of my guiltiest pleasures, I've seen it heaps of times. It's like a bubblegum version of Heathers with better looking girls.

Thumbs UP

I've said it before and I'll say it again...it's got Rachel McAdams in it.

In a wee santa outfit.

Hubba Hubba