aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I actually think Derek Young has been alright so far. Also, was in under Ebbe when we lost 3 games to celtic 7-0, 6-0 and 5-0? In the same season.

Young got off to a very poor start this season, but has been okay since then. Just okay. I don't think anyone will suggest otherwise either. He'll run all game, chip in with the odd goal, and just become a very average member of our squad. He will never provide any flair or craft.

That first season of Ebbe's bordered on hilarious at times. I shed tears twice that season. I remember his first game in charge at home to Celtic, 5-0 defeat. Celtic fans resorted to singing "Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Aberdeen". That was infuriating.

But hey, two cup finals. That's three trips to Hampden. The semi-final against Hibs that season is possibly my favourite ever AFC memory. Dow's wonder-strike infront of only 5,000 or so Dons fans. We still outsang the Hibs masses.

It was a shame about the final.

Any predictions of what type of performance we can expect from the Dandies? Since i was offshore for last weeks victory i'm hoping for the same again, although not losing a goal!! Hopefully JC stick pretty much with the same team, Clark plays well again, 2 games in a ro may be asking to much though!!

All i want for Christmas is wins for the Dons against Killie, Motherwel, Copenhagen and the Huns!! Pease Santa!

What a horrible game of football. Another good 3 points though.

Clark and Nicholson can't be our midfield, they were nowhere to be seen. Thought Severin made a big difference when he came on. Call me negative, but I would never start a game without a defensive midfielder.

Lee Mair isn't good enough. He's slow, he's weak (watching him against Nish today just made that even more obvious than it already was), I struggle to think of any redeeming features. Why he's playing instead of Considine is beyond me.

Was Touzani not playing?

My coupon was fucked up by todays results but it's worth it to have Hibs and Dundee Utd slaughtered:D

EDIT: Just realised attendance was 10,000 odd...that's pretty pathetic.

Nope. Not even on the bench. Saving him for th big guns. Seemed a really weird team today. Just when you beleive JC has settled on something he turns it upside down...

Leem Miller=most underrated player in the SPL. Anyone agree? Also the most fouled. He holds the ball up brilliantly, gets clattered constantly by lumbering centre backs and still keeps possession. Pops up with a decent amont of goals too. Why the Dons fans haven't taken to him is beyond me.

Also; JC needs to get Seve back in the team ASAP. I know he's been a little dodgy recently, but he's our best player. Could you ever see Rangers dropping Ferguson if he has a wee bad spell? No chance. If fit, our captain and best player should start. Simple.

Our best team: Langfield; Hart (RB) McNamara (LB) Diamond (CH) Considine (CH); Nicholson (RM) Aluko (LM) Severin (CM) Touzani (CM); Miller (CF) Mackie (CF)

Good result today

Love from Christy

Cold, wet, shite game of Fitba, poor crowd, but hey 3 points and i wouldn't want to be anywhere else. We can't play like that against Motherwell next week, though! And why oh why don't teams realise when they fight for every ball they are more likely to get ahead of the oppositon, i mean we were second to every fuckin bal, until the last 20 mins or so!!

And another game of an attendance of around 10 000. I think thats a fuckin disgrace! I gave up my season ticket on the 2000/2001 season when we finished bottom, but that was purely for financial reasons, i still went to every game i could when i was home from offshore, including all away games. Which is exactly what i have been doing up until this season. (Season ticket holder again). I read in the paper everyones excuse for not going, fair play to some people, if you don't want to go don't go, but it's all the usual excuses.

We'll see the attendances for our next 2 home games, Copenhagen and the Huns then compare them to the next home game against Caley Thistle on the second of Jan.

People complain about the price of tickets, but they are no dearer than Tynecastle (16,633 Today), Easter Road etc.

I also read today that bringing a big named player would get the crowds back to Pittodrie, i mean fuckin hell, it's lookin hard to keep some of our own bog standard players, what decent player is gonna want to come in and play in front of 10,000 people week in week out? It's the fans that go every week, home and away that i feel sorry for, we try and do our bit for the club, but these "Stay away fans" aren't helping our team progress. Calderwood was promised roughly 14,000 supporters week in week out when he was approched for the job. Imagine how he must be feeling! Gets us 3rd, into Europe (Maybe even until after Christmas), we are winning games, we have scored 4 goals twice this season already and scored 3 a couple of times too. I'm the happiest i have been as a Dons supporter, since the late eighties, (too young for the Fergie years).

I just hope we can start getting the results these supporters want us to get in order for them to come back!!

I'll see you in Motherwell!!

Leem Miller=most underrated player in the SPL. Anyone agree? Also the most fouled. He holds the ball up brilliantly, gets clattered constantly by lumbering centre backs and still keeps possession. Pops up with a decent amont of goals too. Why the Dons fans haven't taken to him is beyond me.

Also; JC needs to get Seve back in the team ASAP. I know he's been a little dodgy recently, but he's our best player. Could you ever see Rangers dropping Ferguson if he has a wee bad spell? No chance. If fit, our captain and best player should start. Simple.

agree on the Miller front, i think most fans have certainly taken to him this season as he has moved up a gear and now looks the real deal.

Although i strongly disagree about Severin. Bench for him still. On form he is our best player, by a considerable distance, but he hasnt been on form for a long time. I've seen his form go from outstanding every game in his first season, to a good season peppered with the odd brilliant game, to a shit season with the very odd good game, and one outstanding game (huns last game of the season no less). However, this season he has been consistently shit. JC has kept him as long as he could, but he needed to get a kick up the arse. it hasnt been a 'wee bad spell' unfortunately, he's been dire for over a year in my opinion. cant have that from your captain. today he reached the dizzy heights of average. when fit, touzani should start ahead of him until severin pulls his finger out.

good 3 points today.

agree on the Miller front, i think most fans have certainly taken to him this season as he has moved up a gear and now looks the real deal.

Although i strongly disagree about Severin. Bench for him still. On form he is our best player, by a considerable distance, but he hasnt been on form for a long time. I've seen his form go from outstanding every game in his first season, to a good season peppered with the odd brilliant game, to a shit season with the very odd good game, and one outstanding game (huns last game of the season no less). However, this season he has been consistently shit. JC has kept him as long as he could, but he needed to get a kick up the arse. it hasnt been a 'wee bad spell' unfortunately, he's been dire for over a year in my opinion. cant have that from your captain. today he reached the dizzy heights of average. when fit, touzani should start ahead of him until severin pulls his finger out.

good 3 points today.

Lee Miller, if he gets a good deliveries hell get goals, as we've seen the past 2 weeks!

I actually had an argument today with a boy about Severin, all i remember from him today was stray passes and pissing about with the ball in the box! He did have two outstanding tackles in the dying seconds though. I have noticed recently, his distribution has been really really poor, especially for a player of his standards.

Not taking anything away, we were still one nil down and came back for the win, something i don't think we seen enough of pre-calderwood!!

Hard fought win.

I hold you entirely responsible for the state we're in! Ever since you made that "we're all over it" post, I've been waiting for us to plunge down into the shitline. This is all your bloody fault, you should know what happens when Pars fans get optimistic...

:up:

I know, what was I thinking? I think I might tap into the PA at Firhill next week and personally apologise to the 16 fans that'll make the trip...

All hail Liam Buchanananananananan!

Is he really that good?

We had him on trial, and all things pointed toward us signing him. But I think we dithered a bit, which made him look elsewhere. Good on him for doing well with Partick though.

Quite happy with our Romanian "Internationalist" forward instead :love: