• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From another spanish site:

The antiriots load after a fight between fans of the Atl?co and the Aberdeen

(V?o: ATLAS)

Updated Friday 30/11/2007 10:32 (CET)

To listen to the newsTo printTo send the newsLetter diminishesIt increases letter

ROBERT B?ARES l LUIGI B. BORGES

MADRID- Seventeen hurt were the balance last night of the confrontations between fans of the Atl?co of Madrid and the Aberdeen and the police loads against both groups. Eleven people were taken care of by the Samur before the party and other six m?tras the encounter.

Shortly before beginning the party, the antiriots had to take part after beginning a fight between fans of both equipment in the environs of the stage Vicente Calder? concretely in the Stroll of the Melanc?cos. Between the wounded he had become fond of of the equipment espa? and of escoc?

All presented/displayed contusions or cuts?camente and were registered in the same place of the incidents. The fans began to fight themselves in the middle of the street and to send to bottles and diverse objects, among them flares. Then the antiriots who were unfolded in the environs of the stage initiated a load to disperse them. In the environs pod? to see overturned rest of crystals and containers.

Nothing to m?finalizar the party, the incidents were started again. A radical fan group of the Atl?co emprendi? blows with a bottle with the fans of the Aberdeen who did not travel with the rest of the group and who hab? been present at the party dispersed by the launching slips of the stage. This fact provoc?ue several fans of the club rojiblanco protested by which they considered "organizaci?del bad encounter on the part of the club".

The radicals r?damente were with oposici?de antiriot agents who hab? displaced to the shore of the Manzanares. In spite of it, to it gave time besides to send several objects him to the air, one of which impact?n the face of a Scottish fan. Seg?los witnesses, the woman was taken r?damente to a taxi that llev? a hospital.

The minute and skirmish besides polic?continu?arios. Between door 5 and 6 of the stage, a follower rojiblanco lanz?na flare to a group of Scot.

At the same time, a RTVE van had to make aut?icas virguer? in order to avoid the one fire moto that was burned between the stroll of the Melanc?cos and the street of Alexander Dumas. In?a?ima, a container of S glass recycling was taken of curdle, and its used content of armament against the agents.

When the?mos calmed, comenz?l evacuation of the stage of near 4,000 Scot who were present at the party in the same launching slip of Vicente Calder? The exit of the fans of the Aberdeen took place with a strong police monitoring, that sigui?us passages from the door n?ro 27 of the stage to estaci?de Meter of Pir?des. The incident?cos that were registered during that short passage were the provocations of several colchoneros fans.

In the evening, hundreds of Scottish fans who have come to Madrid to support to the Aberdeen, did ' botell? in the Sun Door, as opposed to the seat of the Community of Madrid.

The statue of Carlos III, who luci?na giant flag of Scotland, convirti?n an unexpected scene from which some of the fans directed the celebration, and the source of the seat, foam flood, sirvi?e swimming pool.

La Marca is the major dedicated sports newspaper in Spain, and has a huge readership. Think this is a bit of a mountain out of a molehill though. Most of the Atletico fans responding to the article are saying the Dons fans were well behaved and sociable, and that this was obviously a few dafties getting out of order.

Still a shame to see the Dons being associated with this kid of nonsense though.

aww boo....

Just went to show a few dons fans the video, and its not there anymore. Just the report.

If you didn't see it, before they took it off the webpage; there was a few Dons fans with their heads pouring with blood; one or two being stretchered onto a ambulance i think as well.

Pretty grim stuff considering I have a few mates out there...

It was probably the thugs of the Holy Folks Massive that started the trouble!

(i.e. -matthEw-:up:)

:gringo:

got 7 hours to kill in Gatwick so time for some quick posting...!

regarding the fighting we actually arrived just as it was beginning to kick-off, although at that point it just looked like a couple of flares being thrown, from Atheltico fans. Went straight into the stadium and looked down at the trouble from a first tier balcony. It did get pretty nasty for a while. Madrid fans threw a few flares/bottles. Undesirables from us retaliated in a thuggish manner, few serious fights broke out til the Riot Police dealt with it.

Unfortunately this meant that any Dons fans arriving thereafter were tarred with the same brush. So there were plenty of genuine fans who were slightly pissed and boysterous got a hiding from the cops for doing literally nothing wrong. The Spanish police were really heavy handed, and aggrivated the situation further. My mate filmed some of this and it is quite disturbing, an eldery man being battered with batons whilst on the ground with his hands on top of his head, who as far as we can see, found himself in the middle of a group of fans and was trying to get to the stadium.

Asides from that i only ever encountered good feeling amongst both sets of supporters and it was a brilliant couple of days, despite the result, although the performance was very good i thought!

The whole riot thing was actually quite scary, we were in the stadium when it all kicked off and missed the start but watched the next 10 mins or so. The guy standing beside me said that the Athletico fans turned up and started chucking flares at the huge group of fans outside this pub (someone else said it was the Athletico casuals pub and this is why it started, all rumours though). It all looked horrible, we saw folk just standing doing nothing getting battered by the riot police and then saw the Atletico fans knock over two huge bottle bins and start lobbing them at the Aberdeen fans. Oh, and we saw a moped that caught fire cos a flare landed beside it. The bloke beside me also said he'd heard the Chelsea casuals had met up with the ASC and were looking for trouble, something that i really can't stand, want to fight? go learn to box and keep it the hell away from football. The first half was still a bit tense with riot police in our section hassling some people but it definitely calmed down by the second half and thankfully didn't spoil a brilliant trip (which would have been better if we'd won :) )

Touzani was immense, he actually looks like he belongs at that level. Byrne was the other stand-out for me, although I did really enjoy Zander going crashing through the back of Aguero (La Marca had a go at him for it). Typical that just about our best chance fell to Chris Clark (always seems to happen). The corner that Diamond just missed at the front post looked a great chance from where we were (pretty much the back row at the side of the pitch).

I'd have taken 2-0 before the match, was just the wya the goals came about that was hard to take.

Apparently Nicholson had food poisoning, as did Severin.

The riot police spilled my beer. Tossers.

Well, that was fucking mental. Just got back. Never been so fucking scared at a football match.

Got caught up right in the middle of that ruckus and it was terrifying for lots of families.... saw the first flare get thrown just as we passed the pub, then saw them raining in from all the side streets and bottles everywhere. A motor bike was lit up and exploded. Cars were trashed. They were a bunch of animals.... I didn't know where to go!

Guys with blood all over them we had to help out and get them to safety (both spanish guys and aberdeen fans), it was shocking.

We had several morons in our support too though.

Fucking shambles.

Atmosphere at the game was shite too, with most of our fans unable to handle their booze and a result were a gibbering shambles. Lightweights

Atmosphere at the game was shite too, with most of our fans unable to handle their booze and a result were a gibbering shambles. Lightweights

Aye if I'm honest it was pretty gash at times. Half the folk there probably don't know any of the songs anyway if they lack the knowledge that scarf twirling IS FOR FUCKING HEARTS FANS and I can't enjoy anything that I'm accustomed to hearing only with accompanying huns'evenpoorerrelationloyal shite and Union Jacks/Red Hands. And as for the blue, white and red scarves abdy seemed to have bought...not only are they just Hun scarves, plain and simple, I hope folk feel pretty fucking silly for connecting themselves with Atletico fans.

How many who were there'll show for Hibs on Sunday?

At least Madrid now knows who's lying on Pittodrie.

At least Madrid now knows who's lying on Pittodrie.

I hope you are joking, but guess you are not. Feel bad for the real fans who went over there; none of you deserved the hassle that has occurred before, during and after the match. Hope it didn't spoil an otherwise enjoyable trip :up:

I don't mind the Durrant song, in all honesty (although that post was mostly just out of interest in what reaction I'd get from Dons fans and others). It's just a boy (an arse) who got a kick and a sare knee. It's nae nice, but its nothing compared to various Hun songs, compared to Liverpool fans making aeroplane motions at Man. Utd. fans (yes, the lovely Scousers) or a whole host of other vile songs here and elsewhere.

Songs about the Ibrox Disaster and Davey Cooper, however, I find utterly repugnant. Incidentally, I heard none of those in Madrid.

Feel bad for the real fans who went over there; none of you deserved the hassle that has occurred before, during and after the match.

As for "real fans" I'm guessing you're making a point about the casuals? Personally, while I don't necessarily approve of what they do, I'm willing to bet that most of them have been to/go to more games than folk who just turn up to Cup finals every 5/6 years and Rangers games and call themselves fans. I don't like either group any more or less than the other.

That's me just back now, brilliant weekend. We didn't see any of the trouble but did hear some stories. Also witnessed some pick-pocketing attempts, but they were fairly common.

Picked up tickets outisde the ground off a tout for 50 euros each as the extra alloation had sold out by the time we arrived. Fortunately these tickets weren't fake and they got us in the ABDN section behind the goals. Great atmosphere during the first half but the second half performance frustrated the fans and dampened the spirits a bit. Good sing-along whilst the fans waited in the stadium till the arrived. We even got a bit of a 'Leon Mike Mike Mike' chant going. Was also good to see Diego Forlan taking the abuse well after the match.

Visited the Bernebau on the Friday. Unbelieveable stadium. A major highlight being a group of 20 ABDN fans singing 'What a shitey home support' in an empty Bernebau.

Will load up some photos later.

Brewster in tactical decision shocker! I've been crying out for him to change our usual 4-4-2 system, especially for away games; and he goes and does it!

Good goal too by Black. Catching up on the Dons ;)

"You should have gone xmas shopping, you should've gone xmas sho.....pping".

Once I see the team lineups for the Dons v. Hibs game tomorrow, methinks i'll put the 20 winnings of today's coupon on a Hibs win. Lots of injuries, and knackered after the midweek game; ala Hearts 4-1 game.

Guest idol_wild
Well I've nae doubt they'll totally outpass and outplay us; but I fancy us to sneak a completely undeserved result. Possibly because I've been drinking.

Hibs are going to give us a proper doing today. Sadly.