aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

went down at 9pm yesterday, and they had all already gone!! who the feck are these people? was well gutted and went to bed hoping against hope i'd get some on the phone lines.

phone lines absolutely ram jammed for ages.

BUT

GOT 2 TICKETS AT 12.05 SUPPOSEDLY SOME OF THE VERY LAST THAT THEY HAD !! !! !! !!

well done to my brother who was still phoning and got me them, i had given up all hope of there being any left by 10.30 or so! :D :D :D

Some crazy, crazy diehards out there. My mate tried getting through on the phone without success 9am-10.30am, kinda gave up, tried his luck at 12 and got through on the second attempt to get us a ticket each! Shove yer queing up yer aaaaaarrrrseee! :up:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, i know a few folk who had scrounged a season ticket/fake passport number of their mates who managed to get tickets by queuing. the kind of people that only go to the big Rangers' games. i dont want to get involved in any "Real" fans versus Part timers debate, but if i hadnt got a ticket i would have severely aggrieved at some of the people who got ahead of me. farce the way the club has run it, but it's hard to think of an ideal system, i guess a ballot would have been the most sensible option, whilst gauranteeing tickets for the people that were in Ukraine and/or Greece that wanted.

i know one person who was at Dnipro and Athens, season ticket holder, goes to the majority of away games as well, but didnt get a ticket...gotta feel sorry for him, although i'm sure he'll end up in our section some way.

Sure you don't mean folk who never go to games but fancy a trip to Madrid and fancy getting to look/feel like "diehards"?

4 of us sat and phoned continuously for 3 hours before the message started saying they'd sold out.

Aye, I suppose there's a few of them but the vast majority will be season ticket holders. Pretty hard to police for the club as you say.

I guess we got lucky with getting through on the phones. I reckon the club will manage to get more allocated to us.

blooming heck - jimmy quinn and his sidekick alan lewar sign extended contracts - cambridge 4th in the league and in the second round of the FA Cup.

less than a year ago the majority of united fans wanted jimmy quinn removed from his position asap just goes to show greavsie was right 'its a funny old game'

are managers in general getting sacked too quickly do we feel?

Getting ready for Tynecastle. Only the second away game i've been at home so far this season. At least when i get home next time ive got 2 trips to Motherwell.

Congratulations to you guys that got tickets. Ill be watching the game on the rig unfortunetly!!

Hope we get a win today, i want the same level of commitment that we have had in the past 3 games! Although i have never seen Aberdeen score at Tyncastle let alone win, so i hope i'm not a jinx!!!

Mon the Dons!

blooming heck - jimmy quinn and his sidekick alan lewar sign extended contracts - cambridge 4th in the league and in the second round of the FA Cup.

less than a year ago the majority of united fans wanted jimmy quinn removed from his position asap just goes to show greavsie was right 'its a funny old game'

are managers in general getting sacked too quickly do we feel?

Not generally: most chairmen will have a valid reason for binning managers.

I wish we'd sacked some of our managers a lot more quickly.

Yesterday's derby did not live up to the billing, and the referee was the worst I've seen in yonks.

:up:

Aye, I suppose there's a few of them but the vast majority will be season ticket holders. Pretty hard to police for the club as you say.

I guess we got lucky with getting through on the phones. I reckon the club will manage to get more allocated to us.

yeh i'm sure they will manage to get more tickets if not then fans will get a ticket for the home end in madrid - nae danger!

Guest idol_wild
Woeful decision making by some of the Dons today. Way off the mark right across the pitch and dare I say it but UEFA matches are clearly taking their toll. They did play some neat football in the first half but couldn't keep going. Och well. Not disheartened by it I must say...

I only caught the second half on TV, but yeah, some tired legs out there. I walked in at half-time, saw it was 2-1 and said to my lady "it'll end up 4-1". Sigh. From what I saw, however, Hearts weren't particularly good - just really clinical.

We're a team that still lacks a final ball. We have no genuine craft or invention anywhere on the pitch. I hope this UEFA Cup money will be used to find some...

it's the defence that worries me. Losing too many goals from set plays. Also, we're horribly weak down the left. I understand that Calderwood likes two speedy fullbacks, but I reckon McNamara would be a better choice at leftback than Foster right now, at least until we shore things up and stop giving away such cheap goals. Foster gets caught out of position so often.

Love from Christy

We're a team that still lacks a final ball. We have no genuine craft or invention anywhere on the pitch. I hope this UEFA Cup money will be used to find some...

You mean Aluko ISN'T the complete player, the answer to all our problems and, ultimately, the catalyst for our title challenge? How can you say such things? :rolleyes:

How do you feel about the exact opposite?

Not good, Not good at all. Why JC had Foster on from the start after Thursday's game is beyond me. Two full games and he rarely puts a pass on target! There was so much negatives from that game.

When Steve Lovell came on i really started to appreciate the job that Lee Miller does, all his running, challanging etc, while Lovell done fuck all, lazy cunt!

Ach weel, one bad game, however i cant see us getting anything from Celtic in 2 weeks time so we need to beat Hibs and the rest!! Just can't elp thinking all the other things i could have been doin yesterday, than sitting next to all the Hearts fans listening to their shite for 90 mins!!

Guest idol_wild

Hearts fans piss me off. It was just under a year ago that we beat them 1-0 on their patch and their lot were throwing scarves onto the pitch.

I hate Hearts as much as I hate the Old Firm.

Hearts fans piss me off. It was just under a year ago that we beat them 1-0 on their patch and their lot were throwing scarves onto the pitch.

I hate Hearts as much as I hate the Old Firm.

Thats quite funny as i heard quite a few people say that after the game! Yeah the cunts! Although one of the Hearts fans that was sitting just across from me was a boy i work with!! I'm not looking forward to going back offshore! :down: CHEERS JIMMY!!!:swearing: