aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd play the same first 11 as calum there.

--------------------Langfield--------------------

Hart-------Diamond-----Considine-------Foster

---------------------Severin-----Touzani-------

-------Nicholson--------------------------------

JDV-----------------------------------------Aluko

---------------------Miller-----------------------

Foster and Aluko bombing up the left. playing foster rather than byrne leaves us pretty exposed down there but it shouldn't be too much of a problem if at least one of touzani or severin stays back to help out defence. Jefferey and Nicholson can combine well on the right has we've already seen and should be able to get some good balls in for Miller to tuck away.

4-5-1 is definately the way forward, as long as JC plays with the two wingers. if Clark gets a game on the wing i will go crazy. 4-5-1 played this way is a VERY attacking line-up that plays to our strenghts and one that Locomotiv will find it tough to break down when their in posession. Please, Calderwood, do not try and shuffle things about just to accommodate Clark.

i'd play the same first 11 as calum there.

--------------------Langfield--------------------

Hart-------Diamond-----Considine-------Foster

---------------------Severin-----Touzani-------

-------Nicholson--------------------------------

JDV-----------------------------------------Aluko

---------------------Miller-----------------------

Foster and Aluko bombing up the left. playing foster rather than byrne leaves us pretty exposed down there but it shouldn't be too much of a problem if at least one of touzani or severin stays back to help out defence. Jefferey and Nicholson can combine well on the right has we've already seen and should be able to get some good balls in for Miller to tuck away.

4-5-1 is definately the way forward, as long as JC plays with the two wingers. if Clark gets a game on the wing i will go crazy. 4-5-1 played this way is a VERY attacking line-up that plays to our strenghts and one that Locomotiv will find it tough to break down when their in posession. Please, Calderwood, do not try and shuffle things about just to accommodate Clark.

We should all phone JC and quote that last sentence of yours! :)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Bent over and shagged 4-0.

I left after 70 minutes, it was either that or taking a pen to Kenny's neck.

Just one point off the bottom now, and away to the fucking Farmers on Saturday. Its not even funny anymore...

:up:

Guest idol_wild
Starting him on Saturday made alll the difference. Walloped startight in about no messing he did and probably brought the rest of the team with him. Get Maguire in there too. Fuck, just play the same team with added Severin for good measure.

Yeah - we'll certainly need 12 versus 11! :jester:

Yeah - we'll certainly need 12 versus 11! :jester:

You know what I mean... :) JC speaking about a rotating team selection in the papers and this is something new he has to deal with. I'd say he just play best team and evidently that was Saturday's, by a country mile. Maybe the attitude of the few will rub off and all will raise their game now... It's maybe a 'Dutch' influence in the dressing room ;)

Guest idol_wild
Just read the Noo, Lokomotive have a massive traveling support with 6 tickets sold!!! :up:

Copenhagen will have similarly poor numbers, probably. These clubs are used to European football, so they probably don't need/can't afford to go to all the away ties. Less of a special occasion for them.

Copenhagen will have similarly poor numbers, probably. These clubs are used to European football, so they probably don't need/can't afford to go to all the away ties. Less of a special occasion for them.

I think Copenhagen will take a decent support. Brondby took quite a few ten or so years ago and they've got a similar sized fan base. KLM do direct flights Copenhagen to Aberdeen too.

Dunno about that like, Danish fans (or at least Copenhagen and Brondby ones) are ace.

Guest idol_wild
I think Copenhagen will take a decent support. Brondby took quite a few ten or so years ago and they've got a similar sized fan base. KLM do direct flights Copenhagen to Aberdeen too.

No they never. I'm assuming you mean the friendly that Ebbe organised in the pishing rain?

There was less than twenty Bondby fans there, if I remember correctly.

Edit: And I don't remember us playing Brondy before that...

No they never. I'm assuming you mean the friendly that Ebbe organised in the pishing rain?

There was less than twenty Bondby fans there, if I remember correctly.

Edit: And I don't remember us playing Brondy before that...

Euro 92's Great Dane puts Aberdeen on red alert, Kim Vilfort Brondby Sunday Mirror - Find Articles

Brondby were managed by Ebbe Skovdahl at the time.

Guest idol_wild

That does ring a bell now. Ebbe was quoted as saying that he came to Aberdeen as manager because he was impressed by how well the club was run when he took his Brondby side over here.

Which equates to: he liked how he knew he could easily get away with being a drinker and a heavy smoker, even in his office during the day. :popcorn: