aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

The atmosphere was like a fucking morgue last night, absolutely awful. I would say that a draw was a fair result, 4-1 is a joke. Aberdeen were terrible, and we were slightly better.

"You only sing when you're winning" ...aye, they never started at all. 4 goals and all 6-7,000 fans can do is sit in silence.

Awa and bile yer heed min!

Caley were rubbish last night and deserved nothnig from the game. I hardly think you played better than the Dons. First half we ripped you to bits, second half you came out and played well (lets face it, you couldn't have been any worse).

I agree though, we were pretty terrible. imagine we had played well!!!! It beggars belief... A real tonking.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

There's no way I'm going to agree that 'you ripped us to bits'! I thought the first half was probably on balance yours but you certainly didnae merit a 3-0 lead!

Second half, I know the game was over but we had most of the play, the 4th goal was naivety from our guys trying to get back into the game.

Anyway, good luck against them in the semi-final!

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

There's no way I'm going to agree that 'you ripped us to bits'! I thought the first half was probably on balance yours but you certainly didnae merit a 3-0 lead!

Second half, I know the game was over but we had most of the play, the 4th goal was naivety from our guys trying to get back into the game.

Anyway, good luck against them in the semi-final!

Well, since we support each respective team... we're never likely to agree ;)

Overall I thought it was a terrible match. The only decent goal scored was our last one. Not really a great advert for Scottish football.

What your keeper was doing for the 3rd is anyones guess, and what on earth Zander Diamond thought he was doing for your goal is beyond me.

Semi final will be really tough, don't fancy our chances.

Still, I would console yourself that Richie Byrne doesn't play for you. Grim times.

Aye, the Caley fans are always entertaining though, they help make up for lack of talent on the pitch! I cannae believe how much I laughed when someone passed the ball back to Fraser just at the start of the second half and 300 fans shouted in unison "NO!"

And the fact that Richie Byrne doesn't play for us is a blessing from God, even I feel sorry for you having to put up with his constant shite!

Guest idol_wild
The atmosphere was like a fucking morgue last night, absolutely awful. I would say that a draw was a fair result, 4-1 is a joke. Aberdeen were terrible, and we were slightly better.

"You only sing when you're winning" ...aye, they never started at all. 4 goals and all 6-7,000 fans can do is sit in silence.

Having experienced at the very least one match at every top-flight ground (and many in the lower tiers) in Scotland, I can safely say that the atmosphere at Pittodrie is no worse than any other ground in the country. Of course, I'm speaking in relative terms. Regardless of the score.

The two pen's last night were about as clear cut as it gets. Right down in front of me both times and no question, and I'm not one for being biased (gotten into trouble for it from relatives in the past "you're not here to be fair, your here to be biased") Not quite sure how it can be said that a team don't deserve the three goal lead they have at the end of a game. As said earlier the two pen's would most likely have resulted in goals therefore there were players in the oppositions box in behind the defence and working hard. Anyhoo, Aberdeen were the better of the two teams in the first half and held Caley out in the 2nd meaning that they have players on the pitch that can do their job rather well, as has been proven just recently. Slight flaw in this last statement when considering Byrne though... o_O

Anyway that makes things a little easier at least. Hopefully by that point United will be in the middle of good old mid season slump.

Never!!

I think of that draw Aberdeen is the team I would have picked to play for United. Guess we'll see how things go on Saturday in the league though...

EDIT: I agree with Camie. You never know if the good hearts will show up. Glad we didnt draw them in the end.

Never!!

I think of that draw Aberdeen is the team I would have picked to play for United. Guess we'll see how things go on Saturday in the league though...

EDIT: I agree with Camie. You never know if the good hearts will show up. Glad we didnt draw them in the end.

My point actually, was that Hearts would be an easier team to beat imo.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
reckon it'll be at either tynecastle of easter road which would be cool

dens would be good for convenience but doesn't hold that much.

I was right first time round after all:

Looks like (still) no Hampden for Tango...

:up: