aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only you knew what a Bravia Engine is and how it differentiates pixel representation on-screen. Or why Blu-Ray is scientifically better than HD-DVD. Or how Bose direct reflection works. Or How to arrange leads in order of which one reproduces the best picture. How sound quality is dictated in Hi-Fi seperates. The list goes on. You have no idea.

does this AUDIO VISUAL JUSTICE! make the football matches seem more lifelike?

do you have to show your bose receipts to get into the supporters clubs for another year?

The logic behind it is that the Merkland would become like the Shed at Tannadice, anc being closer to the pitch and to the rest of the supporters would create a better atmosphere rather than the Ultras etc. singing away where naebdy can really hear them let alone join in. They're also arguing that putting the kids in the RDS would make it possible to have stuff happening for them on the concourse to get more of them in.

It's a nice idea on paper.

Is the "H I V Positive, H I V Positive" (sung to Hibs fans in case you didn't know) chant banned in this new clamp down on unacceptable behaviour? If so then having the loud boys nearer the pitch filling the Merkland gets my vote.

Anyone know how the ultras are reacting to this proposal?

Is the "H I V Positive, H I V Positive" (sung to Hibs fans in case you didn't know) chant banned in this new clamp down on unacceptable behaviour? If so then having the loud boys nearer the pitch filling the Merkland gets my vote.

Anyone know how the ultras are reacting to this proposal?

I would imagine it is, along with "In Your Dundee Slums" and the one to the Adams Family theme tune. Not sure any of these beat the Inter Milan Curva Nord's banners for their game against Napoli - "Welcome Cholera Sufferers".

And it's certainly been quite a few folk on the Ultras boards suggesting the switch, nae sure if they're members or not.

I think that sounds like not too bad an idea. Although my season tickets for the south. If it gets a better atmosphere goin with the 10 thousand fans we get at games, then it would be worth it!

How we are gonna to complete extremes within a week or so, shite attendance against Caley the night and probably a near sell out against Lokomotiv next week!!!

Anyone going the night incidently. I am!! :up:

No, but claiming my job requires no skill has nothing to do with football either. So, what's your point?

That was not the intention.

Anyway back to football....

Dons have got a few players off the treatment table, but doubt their fitness will be up to scratch with ours at the minute. That boy Aluko looks good, and despite Chris McGuire looking promising, i'd like to think he'll perform like the last time we were at Pittodrie. If we play on the break it could knacker out some of your half-fit players? who knows?

I'm unsure of what team we'll put out, and there's no word of Ian Black suffering any ill effects from the Gretna game; so in theory we have a pretty full squad to pick from.

Should be meeting up with a few Dons fans in the Pittodrie bar before the game; might bring a jacket though ;)

I think that sounds like not too bad an idea. Although my season tickets for the south. If it gets a better atmosphere goin with the 10 thousand fans we get at games, then it would be worth it!

How we are gonna to complete extremes within a week or so, shite attendance against Caley the night and probably a near sell out against Lokomotiv next week!!!

Anyone going the night incidently. I am!! :up:

For sure. My loon is a big Halloween nut too. Proud of him for showing dedication as a fan at the tender age of 10. I think we will have a great match tonight and Brewster's back in the house. Hope he's nae playingo_O

Guest idol_wild

The new seating proposals make sense. However, the "singers" will then be further away from the away support - therefore banter will be more difficult between opposition fans.

Furthermore, the view you get in the Merkland is not only too low down for my liking, but it has two or three pillars. Will the seats therefore cost less? Pittodrie is grossly over-priced as it is for the quality of football we see there.

In fact, I think the club should invest some of the money they're making from their European pursuits into their ticket pricing: reduce ticket prices across the board. Attendances have fallen considerably over recent years, and so has the standard of football, whilst the prices continue to rise. I see a trend. Reduce the prices and get more bums on seats. Could be beneficial in the long term.

If the tickets were, say, 15 instead of 21 I'd be there every game. As it is, I can genuinely only afford to go to about one home game and one away game per month. Which is shit.

Going tonight.... I sense a shit game in the offing.

Lets hope that cock Tokely is as awesome as in the previous game.

Aluko will tear him a new arsehole methinks.

Prediction: You'll be rubbish, we'll be marginally better. Then you'll moan about ICT "bringing you down to our level", despite us playing well and banging brilliant goals in left right and center these past few weeks/months. Watch our highlights v. Gretna on the bbc website for inspiration on how the beautiful game should be played.

Yes these Abdn v. Caley games are usually rubbish. I just don't agree with you that we play boring rubbish football. Its Aberdeen's fault if they play rubbish, not ours. **Although i've heard Graham Bayne is playing instead of Niculae, so cue us banging long balls up the pitch all game ;)

I hope Tokely was as awsome as the last meeting as well. He played really well, with the only black spot being the own goal. More of the same Rossco, without the og please :)

4 goals against Gretna doesn't count as inspired football... My sons school team could do that.

I'm hoping both Teams go for it tonight and don't sit back too much. Aluko seems to be exciting the pundits and fans alike. Hope De visscher raises his game as well and adds going round men to his ability to lay a ball to his teams mates feet from the other side of the park. I also hope that more than Severin, Miller and Diamond turn up to night

Prediction: You'll be rubbish, we'll be marginally better. Then you'll moan about ICT "bringing you down to our level", despite us playing well and banging brilliant goals in left right and center these past few weeks/months. Watch our highlights v. Gretna on the bbc website for inspiration on how the beautiful game should be played.

Yes these Abdn v. Caley games are usually rubbish. I just don't agree with you that we play boring rubbish football. Its Aberdeen's fault if they play rubbish, not ours. **Although i've heard Graham Bayne is playing instead of Niculae, so cue us banging long balls up the pitch all game ;)

I hope Tokely was as awsome as the last meeting as well. He played really well, with the only black spot being the own goal. More of the same Rossco, without the og please :)

Haha, we'll see tonight.

You never know we might get a barnstorming end to end goal fest.... ;)

is it the cis cup where theres no replay and its decided on the night?

i'd fancy this to go to pens if so.

was down at todders earlier getting yoofa cup tix filling up pretty fast!

also madrid ticket info announced tomorrow, someone on aberdeen-mad reckons we're getting 5000+ certainly hope so... :)

is it the cis cup where theres no replay and its decided on the night?

i'd fancy this to go to pens if so.

was down at todders earlier getting yoofa cup tix filling up pretty fast!

also madrid ticket info announced tomorrow, someone on aberdeen-mad reckons we're getting 5000+ certainly hope so... :)

Aye you're right. Hence Queens Park givin' us the old heave ho.

How many have sold so far for our Uefa home games?

Aye you're right. Hence Queens Park givin' us the old heave ho.

How many have sold so far for our Uefa home games?

not sure exactly but lady in ticket office reckoned they would sell out, moscow especially.

we only looked at rds and south on her screen and both pretty full although we are getting the whole south stand for the moscow game and theres still spaces in the usual away section and the uncovered bit.